704 users online (66 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Franken wins endorsement for Senate in Minnesota

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080607/...senate_franken

She said the group was willing to look past salacious material from Franken's past that some have considered degrading to women.
    "At the time he didn't realize how it would affect him later in life," Stevenson said. "He wouldn't do it again today." (more at link)

Are Minnesotans all nuts? First Jesse Ventura, now Al Franken? Good God.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    [URL]
    She said the group was willing to look past salacious material from Franken's past that some have considered degrading to women.
    "At the time he didn't realize how it would affect him later in life," Stevenson said. "He wouldn't do it again today." (more at link)
    So....forget what about what he thinks about women/whatever. You can look past it, because he wasn't aware that it would hurt him later in life, politically?

WTH?

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Are Minnesotans all nuts? First Jesse Ventura, now Al Franken? Good God.

What were they thinking? It amazes me how people will vote for someone because they recognize the name. They don't look at the person's belief system, opinions, and character. Sometimes I just want to go and hide somewhere 'til The United States of America quits being dumbed down.

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

The presidential election should be taken seriously.
    Who in their right mind is going to take him seriously.
    I can't stand him as a comedian and writer, much less as a presidential candidate.

So a man who is too short sighted to realize how his personal conduct could affect him later in life is a person who is responsible enough to enter the political arena where he needs to be able to see how his votes will affect his constituents long term??

I hope the people of Minnesota show more farsightedness than Franken has shown.

I love this country-now being misogynistic does not necessarily make you unable to run for government or from being a well respected representative of the public...i think Hillary's campaign amply demonstrated this.