Paul Newman 'suffering from lung cancer'

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
If this is true, i'm desperately sorry. i love Paul Newman!

Film legend Paul Newman is suffering from lung cancer, according to U.S. magazine reports.
The Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid actor, 83, has been suffering from ill health for many months and in May was forced to pull out of directing a production of John Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men.
Two U.S. publications quote friends of the actor saying the former chain-smoker has been diagnosed with lung cancer at the New York’s Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre, a few hours drive from his Connecticut home, where he lives his wife Joanne Woodward.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1024980/Ailing-Paul-Newman-suffering-lung-cancer.html

Apparently the source is the National Enquirer. they are not always wrong. :(

Oh I hope this is not true. I will be praying for him and his family. How sad.

I feel terrible about this, I hope this isn't true. I'll keep him & his family in my prayers.

IIRC, this was reported months ago.
It indeed is very sad news. I loveeeee Mr. Newman. I've seen every movie he's made.

He's 83~!!!

Ya gotta die from something!
I hope his pain is managed and he can be coherant.

I Love Paul!!!

Paul Newman was always one of my favorites.

Him and his wife, Joanne seem like they were the perfect pair. they never seemed to be too 'Hollywood' - more dowm to earth than most.

Paul and Joanne will be in my prayers.

Oh no!!! He is a legend. It will be the end of an era when he goes. At his age, he might wisely (in my opinion) opt for no chemo, etc. Unfortunately, none of us gets out alive.

I wish him courage and peace. I would hate for us all to lose him yet.

I've watched 2 relatives die with lung cancer.
It's a terrible disease. :(
Prayers to Mr. Newman and his loved ones.

This is a shame Paul is a great guy !!! and he makes a he!! of a spagetti sauce

VERY sad news if proven true (and I believe it is, based on reports since March).

Paul Newman is one of a rare few.

I still receive emails from him as a result of a list I am subscribed to. He has always fought the good fight, a true awareness advocate for many causes.

His (the family) food company has branched-out even further in recent years...lemonade, cookies, and more.

Along with the rest of you, I will be holding all positive thoughts for his health and comfort.

Growing up I loved some of the movies he was in, and I thought he was a terrific actor. Years ago I learned that he was married to Joanne, and their marriage seemed true and strong. I thought it was unusual. I looked up to them as a couple and as individuals. I admired Paul and Joanne for choosing to live their lives in a down to earth manner and maintaining a strong marriage. What they have together seems so uncommon not only in Hollywood world but all over.

Prayers for Paul, Joanne and all in their family. This is sad news to hear.

Aw, I love him too. He's probably one of the most beloved actors of all. He and his wife have set a great example of how a Hollywood marriage can be.

And he is so caring and giving to those less fortunate.

My favorite movie of his is "Cool Hand Luke". I think he should have gotten an Academy Award for that. It was a great role and I believe he was just perfect for it. No-one could have played it like he did.

Prayers to him and all who love him.

I love Paul Newman too. If that is a recent photo of him he sure looks good for his age! I'm 73, have lung cancer too........and I always think, well what the hell.......I'm old enough to die, BUT I decided I have too many things to do, I love life and I'm gonna beat it..........and I AM!
You actually can never beat lung cancer but you can get to a place where you can live with it. I can live with that.

I certainly wish the very best for him, I hope he is not in pain and thank goodness he's at one the BEST hospital in the entire county!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama
:blowkiss:

I'm 73, have lung cancer too........and I always think, well what the hell.......I'm old enough to die, BUT I decided I have too many things to do, I love life and I'm gonna beat it..........and I AM!

May I join your team of supporters? I like being on the winner's side. :)

(Not that you'd need me...your spirit is dynamic and most wonderful...kudos!)

Sending you a glow of health along with this post.

I love Paul Newman too. If that is a recent photo of him he sure looks good for his age! I'm 73, have lung cancer too........and I always think, well what the hell.......I'm old enough to die, BUT I decided I have too many things to do, I love life and I'm gonna beat it..........and I AM!
You actually can never beat lung cancer but you can get to a place where you can live with it. I can live with that.

I certainly wish the very best for him, I hope he is not in pain and thank goodness he's at one the BEST hospital in the entire county!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
God bless you, Love Mama.

Boy, you can tell he's lost a little weight. But he is still a beautiful man.

Dryad,
Love your siggy line. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear