1083 users online (240 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man jumps from plane with no parachute

Man jumps from plane with no parachute, dies

DUANESBURG, N.Y. - A 29-year-old man leaped out of a plane at 10,000 feet with a camera but no parachute Saturday. His body was found next to a house with a damaged roof, police said.

Sloan Carafello of Schenectady, who was observing on the flight, followed an instructor, student and videographer out the door, wearing no skydiving gear, officials said.

Read on at link:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25024995/

Police said they did not suspect foul play but would not elaborate.

I wonder why not?

uhhhh that really is bizarre

Lmao

My dad always said only tow things "fall" from the sky...dumb $hit and Bird $hit. I suspect he was the first of the twourplebananna:

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Police said they did not suspect foul play but would not elaborate.

I wonder why not?
    Obviously it was a suicide, right? If no foul play was involved, it was a suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUfan View Post
    Obviously it was a suicide, right? If no foul play was involved, it was a suicide.
    Or accident.

Or accident.
    Could he be that distracted or forgetful?

Or accident.
    How could it be an accident? He forgot to put the pack on?? It would have to be the first time that ever happened in history.

That would be like going deep sea diving and forgetting to put on the oxygen tank.

How could it be an accident? He forgot to put the pack on?? It would have to be the first time that ever happened in history.

That would be like going deep sea diving and forgetting to put on the oxygen tank.
    I thought he was supposed to be intending to photograph them from the plane all along and was never going to make a jump.

I thought he was supposed to be intending to photograph them from the plane all along and was never going to make a jump.
    okay, I am guilty of not reading the whole article. You might be right... I will read. :insert embarrassed smiley here: .

Robert Rawlins, pilot and owner of the Duanesburg Skydiving Club, said he was flying the single-engine plane and had begun to close the door when Carafello jumped.
    That seems pretty cut and dry. Unless Rawlins has some sort of relationship with the deceased, prior to this. It looks suicidal to me.

I read this article earlier today and suicide was my first thought. I still think that.

I'm thinking suicide too!!!!:Banane15:
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    My dad always said only tow things "fall" from the sky...dumb $hit and Bird $hit. I suspect he was the first of the twourplebananna:
    GOOD ONE!!!!

Actually this is not the first time it has happened. I remember 20+ years ago the same thing happened. They showed the video that was being taken on the news and you could tell by the camera movement when he realized it. They said after strapping all the camera equipment on, he just didn't realize what he had done. I guess it felt basically the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast