Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    I have two thoughts.

First, if they had cell phones, it couldn't be too rural to get cell reception. Were they close enough to I-40 for the cell towers there? Or, was there a tower closer to Weleetka, Bryant, or one of the other smaller communities?

If it wasn't a tower on I-40, maybe they can get ping data from it at the narrow time frame of the murders (assuming the murderer(s) also had a cell phone).

Second, having reviewed some ABC and local videos stories on the murders (including the murder site where a memorial is set up), I get the impression the girls died very close together, as in shot in their tracks, which means that there had to be more than one person shooting. There wasn't time for one to run while the other was being shot if there were only one shooter.

It could also explain the comment of the Sheriff's about not letting his children outside until the perps are apprehended, too. He may have been warning people in his own way that if they are armed and dangerous plus in the immediate area...they better pay attention. His children would be of particular interest to escaped prisoners, imo.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

[quote=KR2tonenow;2287864]
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Here is another thought:

Deputies: 3 Men Walk Away From Kay County Jail
    Investigators Believe Escapees Had Help From Outside

NEWKIRK, Okla. -- Deputies are looking for three men who escaped from a jail in northern Oklahoma late Thursday, authorities said.

The three men are considered armed and dangerous.

VIDEO: http://www.koco.com/video/16523631/index.html

http://www.koco.com/news/16523645/detail.html

Very telling....the Sheriff originally was quoted as saying there was 3 suspects.

I think this may be the lead! They could have been camping out in the woods and the girls came upon them. They don't want the girls to identify them, they made sure the girls were dead by over killing!!

I think this is very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me a bit. They "went for a walk", why?? Why did they walk the road, why not the field(s) they liked to play in.
    Too muddy, the roads were gravel and would be less messy? There has been a lot of rain lately. My Meth trafficers theory still holds, they could be locals.

Nevermind. They were found on Saturday night: http://www.ksn.com/news/local/19635949.html
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Well..thanks for that update SeriouslySearching. Hmmm, that made sense to me for how fast they were killed. Meth cookers and/or traffickers are the next best bet. What a shame.

the fact that they were found a half an hour after the shooting...makes me suspect foul play from someone they knew. If someone was looking for them in that same area 30 minutes later, someone would have heard shots ,especially in a rural area where loud noises carry becuase there are no big buildings to break up the sound waves.

i hope the citizens find these guys first and kill them.

~lightwaveryder~

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I have two thoughts.

First, if they had cell phones, it couldn't be too rural to get cell reception. Were they close enough to I-40 for the cell towers there? Or, was there a tower closer to Weleetka, Bryant, or one of the other smaller communities?

If it wasn't a tower on I-40, maybe they can get ping data from it at the narrow time frame of the murders (assuming the murderer(s) also had a cell phone).

Second, having reviewed some ABC and local videos stories on the murders (including the murder site where a memorial is set up), I get the impression the girls died very close together, as in shot in their tracks, which means that there had to be more than one person shooting. There wasn't time for one to run while the other was being shot if there were only one shooter.
    Most drug dealers will use throwaway phones. However, it could give them an idea where they were previously if they could narrow down a cell ping on an unidentified cell phone and try to track it backwards. (Is that possible?)

I think there were probably more than one, but the girls were so close that one wouldn't run to save herself, imo. With a semi-automatic weapon, it wouldn't be that difficult to take both girls out quickly I wouldn't think...so one could have done this.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaveryder View Post
    the fact that they were found a half an hour after the shooting...makes me suspect foul play from someone they knew. If someone was looking for them in that same area 30 minutes later, someone would have heard shots ,especially in a rural area where loud noises carry becuase there are no big buildings to break up the sound waves.

~lightwaveryder~
    One word: Silencer.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Still no arrests? Boy, I was holding my breath reading about those 3 escapees. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaveryder View Post

~lightwaveryder~
    They were only 300 yards from home. You'd think their grandparents would have heard the shots -- and maybe they did, but I haven't heard anything about that. Maybe the dense woods muffled the sound. If you look at an aerial map, you can see that there are large wooded areas, not just fields.

I wonder about the tracks too. Were they tire tracks? ATV tracks? What?

Tracks appear to go up to the girls and then turn around. One story said the girls were going north on the dirt road. I wish LE would say how many times they were shot and if either of them were shot from the back.

I wonder also if the grandfather found them while walking to check on them or went after them with a car or vehicle? That would help with the time line too.

They leave at 5:00 p.m. He calls them sometime later to tell them to come on home (didn't really give them time to go do anything, so I wonder if he was suspicious-- maybe he'd seen a car coming from the other way-- or the girls left too close to dinner/supper?) but that'd be about 5:15-5:20. He goes after them and finds them shot about 5:30. I know it's been discussed but it sounds like he's outside, they aren't but 1/4 mile away and no one hears multiple gunshots. I wonder if he heard shots and called the girls to see if they were all right, didn't get them on the cell and went to look for them?

Again, silencer.

Or if the grandfather did hear shots...in an area where hunting or shooting was a norm...it would not have excited anyone. Where I grew up...seeing boys walking with rifles to the river was an everyday occassion and hearing the crack of gunshots didn't even cause a raised eyebrow.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

happy to hear prisoners were captured.... they are bad looking guys.

what newspaper would have reports of local drug operations?

my smalltown "mullet wrapper" lists all arrests weekly & often there are stories of drug operations having been busted.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    They leave at 5:00 p.m. He calls them sometime later to tell them to come on home (didn't really give them time to go do anything, so I wonder if he was suspicious-- maybe he'd seen a car coming from the other way-- or the girls left too close to dinner/supper?) but that'd be about 5:15-5:20. He goes after them and finds them shot about 5:30. I know it's been discussed but it sounds like he's outside, they aren't but 1/4 mile away and no one hears multiple gunshots. I wonder if he heard shots and called the girls to see if they were all right, didn't get them on the cell and went to look for them?
    What happened was that the girls left to go on their walk, and Skyla's mother called to say she was coming over to pick up Skyla. So the grandmother tried calling Taylor on her cell phone a few times and got no answer. At that point, the grandfather left to go find them.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast