Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    A spokesman with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said detectives still have no suspects in the girls' deaths. Investigators are back at the scene on Thursday, authorities said, looking into angles from where the girls were found.

http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

WELEETKA — Investigators have blocked off the dirt road this afternoon where two girls were found shot to death Sunday evening.

Agents can be seen using global positioning devices, possibly to map the area where Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, were found shot to death in a ditch along a dirt road less than a mile from Taylor's home Sunday evening.

http://newsok.com/area-near-weleetka...?tm=1213292622

I am so glad they are back with their GPS devices. They know how the children fell, they know the shots were to the front and they know if the bullets entered at an angle and if it was right, left, downward, etc.......so they will be able to position themselves where the shooters were when they fired the shots.

Hopefully LE is keeping mum about what all that the eye witness told them they saw. They may want that out there that there is an eye witness to put pressure on the shooters and make them worry about if they were seen.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Reports from LE state the girls were on the way back. I would assume this had to do with footprints from the girls to verify it.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    This crime just breaks my heart.

Thank you to all that have kept updating with links and news. ( I don't have cable or satellite - rabbit ears only - which means static only here in hilly northwest Pa.)

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    I don't think they made it all the way to the bridge. It looks to be at least 3/4 mile from the girls house. Plus, they were found on the right side of the road to the side, as if a car had just come up from behind them (or they were accustomed to staying near the edge of the road while walking just in case a car came up behind them). It looks like they were still walking toward the bridge, not away from it from the position of the bodies and the various pictures I've seen of the memorials.

I read one article that says the 911 call from the grandfather was at 5:41 p.m. and that he had walked the road to find the girls after they didn't answer the cell phone. I wish we knew when Skyla's mother called to say she was coming by to pick her up (which also doesn't make sense if the sleepover was Sunday evening, why pick her up that evening).

There was another interview where Skyla's mother says she felt something was wrong when she was driving up and saw Taylor's grandfather by the side of the road. So, did she arrive after the call, but before the authorities where there?

Anyway, from the reports, I don't think they made it to the bridge. I don't think they saw anything, and it makes it sound like they may have been killed between 5:10 and 5:20, closer to the start of the walk than the end of it.
    I think the sleepover was on the weekend and Skyla's mother was picking her up from it Sunday afternoon.

She was on the way to pick her daughter up going down that same road when Mr. Placker stopped her and wouldn't let her go any further. She arrived before LE got to the scene. The cell call was made after she had called Taylor's grandmother saying that she was picking up Skyla. The kids had just left shortly before and had left the house around 5pm I think.

I think LE said they never made it to the bridge that it was over a 1/2 mile from where their bodies were found.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Live feed is up. Sound checks going on.

http://www.koco.com/video/16559486/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I think the sleepover was on the weekend and Skyla's mother was picking her up from it Sunday afternoon.

She was on the way to pick her daughter up going down that same road when Mr. Placker stopped her and wouldn't let her go any further. She arrived before LE got to the scene. The cell call was made after she had called Taylor's grandmother saying that she was picking up Skyla. The kids had just left shortly before and had left the house around 5pm I think.

I think LE said they never made it to the bridge that it was over a 1/2 mile from where their bodies were found.

imoo
    I agree, fwiw, w/everything above, except that LE said they never made it to the bridge. IIRC, it has been stated they DID make to to the bridge and were on their way back......maybe that was initally and now they are saying different?

I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?

I hope they catch these people and soon. I'm off to watch the press conference now.

Investigators return to scene:

Crime scene investigators returned today to the back country road near Weleetka where two young girls were discovered shot to death four days ago.
    Spokeswoman Jessica Brown of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation called the return typical.
    Investigators will walk the scene and discuss evidence.
    Authorities still have no motive or suspect information in the deaths of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8481852

The tests showed that two different-caliber guns were used to kill the girls, but it isn't clear whether the guns were handguns or long guns.

That means that if they were longarms (ie rifles) they were light calibre. There are rifles (carbines really) that fire 9mm and .40S&W pistol rounds. ETA: Also, submachineguns (like Uzi's) often fire 9mm rounds.

"Where we were looking for one [shooter], possibly two, now it looks more likely there are two or more," Special Agent Ben Rosser of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said at a press conference Wednesday.

Two or more? As in taking turns shooting or multiple weapons hitting each girl?

That's a fairly chilling scenario. Almost sounds like a firing squad.

When asked about if the witness provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.

Also, both girls were shot with both guns.

A news briefing has been scheduled for 2 p.m. this afternoon at the Okfuskee County Courthouse in Okemah.

http://newsok.com/area-near-weleetka...?tm=1213292622
    The guy talking was asked if the "witness" gave names or descriptions
    of anyone other than the girls... he said
    "No names" and then someone asked "any descriptions of someone besides the girls" and he said "I won't comment on that at this time"....

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    When asked about if the witnessed provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.
    That's significant.

When asked about if the witness provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.
    We must have posted at the same time!
    I found that comment VERY interesting!

Reporter just asked about a 19 year old known to stalk young girls in the area and the spokesman said he doesn't know anything about that. He also said the area is not a drug haven.

ETA: he's not ruling the drug connection out though. Saying someone could have pulled over to shoot up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    We must have posted at the same time!
    I found that comment VERY interesting!
    Interesting and hopefully means they have a solid lead.

Wow! That does sound like they did get descriptions from the witness.

Both guns used on both girls is very significant. It could mean the first shooter didn't do the job and the second shooter finished it.

Welcome to WS, Desertsand! Please feel free to weigh in on the area as I am not as familiar with it.

Suzi~ Take into consideration the rest of that comment from Rosser. He doesn't believe it to be a drug haven, but they could walk a block or two away to find a new drug lab opened up. In other words, they are aware it happens...but not aware it was taking place in the particular area at that time.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I hesitate to post this, because I have no verification. But it was taken from a forum on the local news station. FWIW:

...read on another forum that two young men ages 18 & 19 may be persons of interest.
    They live in the area and were mad at the girls because one of them told on them for useing drugs.

Something to think about anyway.

Ah, just as I thought. Thanks SuziQ

Now they are ratcheting up the pressure on the suspects. I do think this eye witness saw someone in the area and LE will keep that under wraps.

May have certain individuals under surveillance..... maybe hoping they will return to where they probably discarded their weapons. I am sure they have profilers working on this case.

imoo

Quote Originally Posted by Desertsand View Post
    I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?
    Thanks for posting your perspective. When I read some of the involved, convoluted theories on gangs, etc., regarding this case, I keep remembering that K.I.S.S. principle - Keep It Simple. The most simple explanation of by whom and why the murders of these young girls were committed, is probably going to be the answer.

Suzi~ Take into consideration the rest of that sentence from Rosser. He doesn't believe it to be a drug haven, but they could walk a block or two away to find a new drug lab opened up. In other words, they are aware it happens...but not aware it was taking place in the particular area at that time.
    ITA, Personally, I believe that this is very possible.

Welcome Desertsand!

Quote Originally Posted by Desertsand View Post
    I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involvement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?

I hope they catch these people and soon. I'm off to watch the press conference now.
    Welcome!

The police said this area was not a drug infested area.

So I don't think it has anything to do with gangs or them walking up on illegal drug dealings.

imoo

It sounds to me that they are hoping some sort of psychology is at work, that someone with the shooters will turn on them. No description of these people, so it turns up the heat on the group to turn on each other.

It does sound like these people were just shooting at both girls, ensuring they were dead, maybe even unloading their weapons.

Even with the complacency of being used to hearing gunshots on Sunday afternoons, it is hard to imagine that someone didn't hear this many gunshots going off at the same time. Maybe silencers were used, but the local LE sure sounds like they have a good idea who it may be. They are following leads and just need one of the group to rat out the other for a sure fire conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Thanks for posting your perspective. When I read some of the involved, convoluted theories on gangs, etc., regarding this case, I keep remembering that K.I.S.S. principle - Keep It Simple. The most simple explanation of by whom and why the murders of these young girls were committed, is probably going to be the answer.
    Convoluted? I live here and watch it happen on a daily basis. To me, it is the logical and most simple explanation.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I got the impression Agent Rosser knows more today..... maybe the new "witness" had info that confirmed a theory they're working. Rosser appeared to me more guarded in what he said and in a bigger hurry to get back inside than previous pressers.

I think something's happenning! Anybody else?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast