Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    They were found in a ditch on the side of a dirt road in a rural part of the state. Rosser said authorities did not believe the girls were sexually assaulted before the murder, but DNA samples and their clothes were being processed for evidence.

State law enforcement officials sent investigators to help local police comb the crime scene, located in a densely wooded area. Authorities were looking into tire tracks near the spot where the girls were found, as well as shoe imprints. Heavy rains throughout the day Monday did not help the investigation.
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=5037169&page=2

I would hope they are digging to find out that information as we speak. A visit to the Department of Vital Statistics would be a good place to start or being this is a small town...the local cafe would probably turn up that plus even more details.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Two Guns Used In Girls' Killings

Posted: June 11, 2008 01:38 PM EDT
    Updated: June 11, 2008 01:38 PM EDT
    State investigators say they believe two people are responsible for the killing of two young girls on a country road near Weleetka.
    Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Wednesday two different caliber weapons were used to kill 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker. Because two weapons were used, Brown says investigators believe there were two killers.
    Brown declined to say what type of weapons were used.
    http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=8464424

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    That's strange, because I was picturing them walking up on something. But if they were on their way back, they would have passed the same spot just a few minutes earlier. Maybe they walked up on something at the bridge, then walked (or ran) the other way -- back towards home, and then the vehicle came after them.
    I wonder if both of your thoughts are true. They had not been gone long. What if they were walking away from home,simply doing what young girls do, and came across "whatever"? It's very possible it freaked them out and they turned to return home?

You have to wonder what did these two angels see? I cannot help but wonder if it's more than some drug dealings going on. I think there is more to this, I really do.

It was densely wooded in the ditch where they were found. I don't take it to mean they were moved. Shoe prints would indicate the shooter/shooters were outside of the car tho.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

OKLA Cops looking for 2 Killers on AMW also

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=56421

Thanks for the articles, Christine!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I think it is ridiculous that this is getting more national attention than local on our television coverage here. (I am very glad about the national coverage!!) If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Given that LE is telling families living in this area to keep their children close to home, I do not think that any other family members are involved in this tragedy.

This was a stranger/s murder of 2 innocents.

If LE think it possible that the killer/s are local, then I think I would check into those with guns registared, shooting sportsman clubs, and even those who applied for hunting licenses in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing but possibilties gained.

My guess is that the guns were purchased on the black market and are not going to be so easily traced. I don't expect to find these were locals.

They have probably already rounded up and interviewed the usual suspects for the area. If not, they are looking for them now. They know who is who readily in such a remote area.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Data05 View Post
    Given that LE is telling families living in this area to keep their children close to home, I do not think that any other family members are involved in this tragedy.

This was a stranger/s murder of 2 innocents.

If LE think it possible that the killer/s are local, then I think I would check into those with guns registared, shooting sportsman clubs, and even those who applied for hunting licenses in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing but possibilties gained.
    I would bet that every family in Weleetka has at least one gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I think it is ridiculous that this is getting more national attention than local on our television coverage here. (I am very glad about the national coverage!!) If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!

I agree!
    but the "news service" is really no different than the rest of the station... it's all about profit$.

OK I have to fly for awhile. Keep up the news so I have plenty to read when I return!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

hunters have licenses, registered guns are owned by responsible people who are likely to have carry permits...... but lots of hoohaws "got a piece" & those are the guns more likely to be involved with murder.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast