Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!
    If they were still missing the coverage would be much greater.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I would bet that every family in Weleetka has at least one gun.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I forget because I live in an area of the country where gun onwership isn't large. That doesn't make it wrong, I just forget...

Where is the info about the trust funds? I'm leaving work early to go to the dentist and want to send a check off to them to help these families pay for the funerals. That's the last thing they should be worried about.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
    Where is the info about the trust funds? I'm leaving work early to go to the dentist and want to send a check off to them to help these families pay for the funerals. That's the last thing they should be worried about.
    Donations may be sent to:

Bank of Commerce, P.O. Box 248, Weleetka, OK 74880.

For more information call (405) 786-2216.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

That's strange, because I was picturing them walking up on something. But if they were on their way back, they would have passed the same spot just a few minutes earlier. Maybe they walked up on something at the bridge, then walked (or ran) the other way -- back towards home, and then the vehicle came after them.
    It was stated somewhere that the ground was muddy. If they could find the girls footprints, that would give an indication if they were walking or running by the distance between strides.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    Regarding cell towers. I checked the ATT wireless website and for that company, it looks like they had a tower in Weleetka. Great coverage extends around the town for about 2-3 miles, as does great coverage on either side of I-40. There's a pocket between Weleetka and I-40 where coverage is mediocre, so I guess cell's there can get either the Weleetka one or one along I-40.

If they lived closer to Weleetka, I'd think the ping info on that would be easier to get and track for that time frame. However, one report I read said that Skyla was from Henryetta, which leads me to believe they lived closer to the NE of Weleetka and may be in the nether zone.

All this assuming is based on similar cell phone reception/tower placement among other cell providers. I realize that that is a wide assumption.
    Can all calls in a certain time frame be tracked from a tower? In other words can a reverse ping be done to find phone numbers from a tower instead of a phone like we are used to?
    Last edited by SuziQ; 06-11-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: clarify

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I think it is ridiculous that this is getting more national attention than local on our television coverage here. (I am very glad about the national coverage!!) If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!
    I don't understand this, because at the presser yesterday, Local LE thanked the media and gave the impression they wanted media involvement.

sheriff choate and the uncle both mentioned taylor's dog was with the girls. was the dog shot?

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    sheriff choate and the uncle both mentioned taylor's dog was with the girls. was the dog shot?
    They did? I missed that. Can you remember where you read it?

NoZme, where was that? Could you share a link, please???

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I hadn't heard that. And if the dog wasn't shot, did it go straight home? If it did, I would think the grandfather would have found that a strange too, knowing the dog came back w/o the girls.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Here's a web page of Taylor's sister, featuring a poem written by Taylor when she was 9.
    There are also a few pictures of the family from a while back.
    http://v4mp-b1tch.tripod.com/id13.html

FWIW, I remember reading or hearing somewhere about the dog too....but haven't heard anything about it since, so the dog may be like the 3 suspects they had.

Here's a web page of Taylor's sister, featuring a poem written by Taylor when she was 9.
    There are also a few pictures of the family from a while back.
    http://v4mp-b1tch.tripod.com/id13.html

this may be just me...but the pic of "baby cousin Nita" looks like a pic from a correctional facility.....I'm just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
    this may be just me...but the pic of "baby cousin Nita" looks like a pic from a correctional facility.....I'm just sayin.....
    I agree.

Well now we know that Taylor and her sister (?) have at least 2 brothers, JC and Willey. They have at least two sisters in law, KK and Touia. Their parents are called Bud and Drag. (Er . . . maybe I'm just too suspicious, but are those names not drug references?) They have an Uncle Tony and a cousin Nita. Plus the other aunt and uncle from the news stories, Joe and Nell Mosher.

I think Bud and Drag look like Peter and Vicky Placker, the grandparents. Maybe it's just a family resemblance.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast