1326 users online (319 members and 1007 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OR - Police: Father punched toddler in Salem restaurant

http://www.eagletribune.com/permalin...155032832.html

SALEM An upset father slapped and punched his 2-year-old son, telling police he lashed out because the toddler wouldn't stop crying inside a restaurant, police said.
    Willy Cordero, 21, of 4 Sheridan St. in Lawrence, Mass., faces a felony charge of second-degree assault. He posted $5,000 bail over the weekend after being arrested about 8:30 p.m. Friday outside the Weathervane Restaurant on Route 28.
    Police said a restaurant employee called 911 reporting a child was being assaulted in the parking lot.
    Cordero told police he was "aggravated with (the toddler) because he would not stop crying while at the restaurant," according to a police affidavit by Officer Michael Geha.
    Police said the boy had multiple bruises and swelling on his left cheek and around his eye. His lower lip also was bruised, the affidavit said. Police said Cordero punched his son in the face and head.

What a jerk!! I am glad the worker did the right thing and called the police on the scumbag. If he did that in public, we can only imagine what he does in private. Poor kid.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    What a jerk!! I am glad the worker did the right thing and called the police on the scumbag. If he did that in public, we can only imagine what he does in private. Poor kid.
    No kidding that employee is a hero, we need more people to be looking out for children like that.

I'm sure that wasn't the first time that child has been hit. I never understood the reasoning behind hurting a child to make them stop crying.

My Dad was in line at a WalMart a few years ago and a lady that was 2 people in front of him slapped her child.
    He asked the lady that was in front of him LOUDLY if she would kindly trade places with him "If that woman slaps that child again, I am going to slap her". THe woman in front of him gladly traded places.

What ever happened to telling the child if they don't stop crying, we're leaving the restaurant. Obviously the child didn't stop so just leave the restaurant, go home, and do a time out. But no, Mr. Macho Dad has to beat his child like he would an adult. Sicko. I hope his son is taken away from him!

The link would not work for me but just going by what was said about this pig, I wish another man (or woman) would have stood up and beat the crap out of him.
    Without a doubt I would have picked up a ketch-up bottle and began swinging away on him. (Yeah, I have a good lawyer, LOL) and I know Hubby would have joined in.

I hope DHS takes this child and any other children away from the parents until some anger management/therapy/DIVORCE can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bracken123 View Post
    I'm sure that wasn't the first time that child has been hit. I never understood the reasoning behind hurting a child to make them stop crying.

My Dad was in line at a WalMart a few years ago and a lady that was 2 people in front of him slapped her child.
    He asked the lady that was in front of him LOUDLY if she would kindly trade places with him "If that woman slaps that child again, I am going to slap her". THe woman in front of him gladly traded places.
    Yay, dad!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    http://www.eagletribune.com/permalin...155032832.html

SALEM An upset father slapped and punched his 2-year-old son, telling police he lashed out because the toddler wouldn't stop crying inside a restaurant, police said.
    Willy Cordero, 21, of 4 Sheridan St. in Lawrence, Mass., faces a felony charge of second-degree assault. He posted $5,000 bail over the weekend after being arrested about 8:30 p.m. Friday outside the Weathervane Restaurant on Route 28.
    Police said a restaurant employee called 911 reporting a child was being assaulted in the parking lot.
    Cordero told police he was "aggravated with (the toddler) because he would not stop crying while at the restaurant," according to a police affidavit by Officer Michael Geha.
    Police said the boy had multiple bruises and swelling on his left cheek and around his eye. His lower lip also was bruised, the affidavit said. Police said Cordero punched his son in the face and head.

WTF What reasoning could any person have for punching a child?? Thank goodness for this baby that somebody felt the morale obligation to do the right thing. I hope that bastard gets his A$$ beat by somebody.

You know this is just ridiculous. If a child is crying and wont stop, its obviously for a reason and they need to find the reason instead of beating it out of them. Man this is just making me madder by the second. I sure hope this kids mother doesnt take him back but we all know if he hit him like this that he probably has done it before and she knows. So sad.

The chap couldn't care less about the reasoning behind it being ridiculous to punch a child to get it them to stop crying. he got angry and punched to get back at the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Yay, dad!
    My Dad rocks!

Seriously, how would you react if you saw such a thing?
    If the dad hits the child in a public establishment, I can only imagine how he's treated at home.

Where I live, we have had an influx of immigrants from Africa in the past five years. Most of them seem to be ok people, however, my husband and son were on the local bus a few months ago and an African woman was beating the crap out of her kid, hauling him by his arm, etc. The people on the bus were shocked, but more so when the bus driver said it would take too long and would be too much of a hassle to call the police. My husband didn't have his cell on him, or else he would have called.
    We were told by one school district when our son was in kindergarden and being bullied by an African child, that they (meaning the African parents) beat on their kids when they misbehave, and our son would have to deal with the bullying. Of course, I said, why are they not offered parenting classes? Why doesn't social services step in? It's one of those questions that was never answered. (BTW, we moved out of that district)

This is appalling but you can only imagine if this father did this in public what does he do at home. Kudos to the restaurant employee--your this child's hero!!!! And to the mother don't marry him or take him back, your baby is safe for now....