717 users online (82 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - MeLisa Cleary, 30, brutally murdered, Mackinaw, 6 June 2008

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x14295391...nd-family-says

MACKINAW
    Police were searching Monday night for the husband of a Mackinaw mother whose family and friends said was found dead Monday.
    MeLisa Cleary, 30, 1 Wood Wilshire Drive, a mother of three, was reported missing Friday evening after family and friends could not reach her by phone. Nicole Simpson, a close friend, said her body was found in a rural area near Lincoln on Monday morning, 22 miles south of her Mackinaw home.
    Logan County State's Attorney Tim Huyett said railroad workers found the body of a 30-year-old woman who had suffered severe trauma, but he would not confirm the identity of the body.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x18577543...of-missing-mom

MACKINAW
    At the request of the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office, the Illinois Emergency Alert System is activated for an Amber Alert.

Three children were abducted from 1 Wilshire Drive in Mackinaw, Illinois at 5 PM on June 9, 2008. Kaitlin Elizabeth Roten is a white 12 year old female. Kaitlin sometimes goes by the last name of Cleary. Jacob Thomas Cleary is a white 8 year old male. Chloe Renee Cleary is a white 3 year old female.

I am so sad to hear they found her dead. I heard this on the news a couple days ago and hoped she had just left on her own accord. Husband is now running with the kids.

I trust there are photographs of him and the children plastered everywhere.

another man who chose the murder route as opposed to divorce.

i hope the children will be spared.

http://www.week.com/news/local/19672739.html

Apparently they were found this morning and the father is in police custody. They still have not confirmed that this is the missing woman. There is a video with friends saying she feared for her life.

I'm please the children are safe.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x17551646...e-a-second-mom
    This is a sad story. I bet that SOB did it.

http://*************.net/index.php?topic=2902.msg388692
    Is it ok to post *************? There are some interesting comments on the site. The cousin of Melisa says husband has criminal history and a dishonorable discharge from military.

http://www.week.com/news/local/19716409.html

couple was separating..... her in-home daycare was unlicensed because of husband's arrest & prison record.....he didn't report her disappearance & did not participate in search........... duh, i wonder who killed her

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    http://www.week.com/news/local/19716409.html

couple was separating..... her in-home daycare was unlicensed because of husband's arrest & prison record.....he didn't report her disappearance & did not participate in search........... duh, i wonder who killed her
    No kidding.

Here is another link it has made national news.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365181,00.html

Criminal Investigation Launched Into Death of 30-Year-Old Illinois Woman After Husban

A criminal investigation has been launched into the death of a 30-year-old Illinois woman whose body was discovered near some railroad tracks after she had been missing for three days.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365697,00.html

What a beautiful young woman she was.

Tazewell County sheriff's police say Daniel Cleary and the three Cleary children were found in a Peoria motel early Tuesday, hours after an Amber Alert was issued for the children. Authorities didn't say why Cleary was taken in for questioning. The children placed in protective custody.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365181,00.html

This is another heart breaking case, Nancy Grace had the story on her show tonight. IMO I believe the husband had something to do with her death she died from blunt force trauma. Melisa's sister said that if she ever come up dead it was her husband.
    As soon as the transcript from Nancy Grace is posted I'll post the link.

Melisa has a very loving family. They'll make sure justice is served. I'm betting the poshusband will be arrested within hours.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...a291584873.txt

Before that, Mackinaw Police Chief Gary Hartzell said Cleary relatives were at a well-traveled intersection in Mackinaw on Monday afternoon, passing out fliers. He said they were organizing a search, and some people already had informally gone out to look.

Another young, beautiful mother taken from her babies. Dammit! IMO - the husband will be arrested within the next 24 hours. Those children will lose both parents in a matter of days. Lovely. Hope he rots!

GRACE: And tonight: Mystery surrounding a gorgeous young mom of three who vanishes into thin air, Mackinaw (ph), Illinois. Seventy-two hours later, the body of 30-year-old Melissa Cleary (ph) discovered just a few miles from her own home, severe trauma to her body. As the investigation kicks into high gear tonight to find the killer, an Amber Alert goes out for her little children. Do they even know their mother is dead?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: According to family, 30-year-old Melissa Cleary was set to meet up with her sister when she disappears, so a massive search gets under way.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Noticeably absent from the search party is the missing woman`s husband, Daniel Cleary (ph).

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She expressed that she feared for her life. She`s in the process of separation. She`s a mother of three, would not have left her kids, not left the house without calling somebody.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Three days later, Cleary`s body is discovered with severe trauma near railroad tracks in Logan (ph) County. Daniel Cleary is not in custody, but police say they did question him. According to reports, before her brutal death, Melissa Cleary wanted a divorce.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: . miles from her Illinois home. The mom of three missing since Friday. And shortly after she is found dead in nearby Logan County, police issue an AMBER Alert for her children. That AMBER Alert coming to an end when the 12, 8 and 3-year-olds are discovered with their dad at a motel in Peoria.

Daniel Cleary taken in for questioning but not taken in to custody. There is a person of interest tonight, but no arrest. Police also mum on cause of death but do say Melisa Cleary suffered severe trauma.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

GRACE: ere trauma. Was it a shooting, a stabbing, a beating, a bludgeoning, a strangulation, asphyxiation? We don`t know yet. What we do know is this mom of three found just a few miles from her own home.

What`s so - unusual -- out to you, Shaun Newell, news director at 1470 WMBD Radio -- Shaun, why did the father who is not a suspect -- why did the father on the same day the wife`s body is found take the children and high tail it to a motel or hotel with an undisclosed woman?

And they had to issue an -- AMBER Alert. What is his explanation for taking off with the children? You think he would be making funeral arrangements?

SHAUN NEWELL, NEWS DIRECTOR, 1470 WMBD RADIO: Well, Nancy at this point, they haven`t really -- authorities haven`t really said why Daniel Cleary took the kids to Peoria and Daniel Cleary not talking to the press at this point. So it`s kind of an unknown as to why he took off that night.

GRACE: Is he cooperating with police?

NEWELL: As far as we know he is, yes.

GRACE: And Shaun, do we know where the children are tonight?

NEWELL: At this point we believe that the children are in protective custody with another relative of Melisa Cleary.

GRACE: Joining us also tonight is the sister of Melisa Cleary, Brandy Gerard.

Miss Gerard, thank you for being with us.

BRANDY GERARD, SISTER OF MURDERED MOM, MELISA CLEARY: Thank you.

GRACE: Miss Gerard, when did you learn she was missing?

GERARD: Saturday morning I got a text message from a best friend who she`s been going and staying with on the weekends because she was trying to leave her husband. And I knew nearly when I got the text message that she was missing. So we went directly to her house and called the cops on our way there.

GRACE: Well, you know what, your instinct -- I don`t necessarily believe in instincts, I think that they are conscious thoughts that you develop after a period of time of occurrences. So something made you believe the moment the friend couldn`t find her or locate her, you thought, and immediately something was wrong.

You didn`t think she`s gone to Target. She`s gone to the mall. She had a flat tire. You didn`t think that. You immediately thought she`s missing, why?

GERARD: She -- it wasn`t -- it definitely not instinct. It was the fact that had she expressed to us several, several times that if something happened to her that she was murdered that her husband had murdered her.

GRACE: Now I want to point out that the husband in this case has not been named a suspect. And in every investigation, Mike Brooks, the spouse is typically the first person that`s questioned. Why?

BROOKS: Absolutely, Nancy, especially in this case. You want to talk to the people closest to her, especially now, this is her, as they`re calling it, estrange husband because -- you know, is there foul play? Absolutely. Is this guy involved? We don`t know.

One of the things, if he is cooperating with police that would get him off the hook and as done many times, Nancy, a polygraph.

GRACE: I want to go back to Brandy Gerard. This is Melisa`s sister.

Miss Gerard, what was the cause of death?

GERARD: Blunt force trauma to the head and the neck.

GRACE: To Dr. Lisa Boesky, psychologist and author -- Doctor, that takes a different psyche to commit a blunt force trauma, a beating death, or a strangulation, as opposed to a shooting. Explain.

BOESKY: Well, when you think about blunt -- now again, we have to think about who did this. If just because the husband may not have done it, he may have hired someone to do this. And again we know if they had used a gun, then that could be traced to somebody.

This blunt force may not be able to trace -- be traced to anybody. So if the husband has anything to do with it this could be someone hired to do it and the way that they did it is much different.

GRACE: Of course, the husband, again, has not been named a suspect. An AMBER Alert went.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../11/ng.01.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast