Gang Hoodies Made Specifically For Robberies

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
This is frightening! I was researching the Gang Conference and this was an email being sent around to different LE offices. The cost is only $68 and are for sale on the retail market. They are see-through hoods that zip all the way to cover the face of the robber. WTH?

http://www.ogia.us/docs/alerts/hoodie.pdf

This is just frickin sick! Go get a job you losers! Man up and do the right thing..cowards. :furious:

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I don't feel so fine.

I hope they put a stop to this nonsense somehow. Selling hoodies to facilitate the commission of armed robberies should be illegal!

So what does that tell us?
Gangs want special hoodies to wear when committing robberies.
Gangs = robbers.

And with Father's Day just around the corner. After all, what do you get the gangsta who has everything????

I hope they make one with a gun installed right in it !( so they can shoot themselves!!!!!!!!!):bang::bang::bang:

Wow. Interesting. Guess who owns the company making these?

Famous Stars and Straps (also known as FSAS) started out as a American clothing company in 1999. The clothing company is owned by celebrity Travis Barker and sponsors many extreme sports including, BMXing, Street Riding, and Stakeboarding. Famous Stars and Straps makes a whole collection of clothing including shirts, t-shirts, hoodies, belts, buckles, wallets, jeans, pants, and jackets. They also make backpacks and other accessories that are extremely hard to find in stores. Unlike other clothing brands, Famous Stars and Straps has its own ways of doing things. Fans of the clothing brand can usually name every item in their catalog just by looking at any design. Famous Stars and Straps attracts fans from both the punk-rock and hip-hop scene.

http://www.bodypunks.com/new_catego...s/&browseby=category&producttype=Girls Hoodie

I was at Midway Airport in Chicago a few weeks ago - and saw a kid walking near my gate with a similiar jacket ... the front of the hood wasn't zipped but he had the hood up - it was VERY weird looking (and kind of spooky) It struck me that he was up to no good ... I was thinking about reporting him when a security guard came up and started talking to him .. then I had to get to my gate ...

I'll tell you .. I was in a relatively safe environment and got the creeps..

I'm upset with the look of the shirt and with the guy who owns the clothing line. Travis Barker is one of the best drummers who ever lived. Both my daughter's saw him play with Blink 182.
I think a letter writing campaign and a boycott of his clothes may send him a hint...then again maybe not. He's a bazillionair...maybe he doesn't care.

You are right...he doesn't care. It is obvious what these hoodies are for and he had to OK the manufacturing etc.

He should be charged as an accessory for every armed robbery that happens in one of these hoodies, imo. He facilitated the person as if he loaded the gun or drove the getaway car.

You are right...he doesn't care. It is obvious what these hoodies are for and he had to OK the manufacturing etc.

He should be charged as an accessory for every armed robbery that happens in one of these hoodies, imo. He facilitated the person as if he loaded the gun or drove the getaway car.

I think this post is a bit dramatic and over the top. How do we know he doesn't care? Has anyone bothered to write a letter to him or the company? I also doubt he had to okay the manufacturing unless he assumes total control of the line. Chances are he has a team in place that he trusts to make the everyday business decisions and he might only provide occasional creative input, his name and backing.

You want to throw him in jail over this? :waitasec: I understand the passion behind this and think the hoodies are completely unnecessary, but I do feel calling for him to be thrown in jail is extreme.

Hot Topic at my mall has been selling hoodies that zip all the way up like that for at least a year, but I've never seen them with that bandana graphic.

Pretty disturbing.

A skeleton face is the only graphic I've seen, except for whatever pattern covers the whole jacket, like stripes or guitars.

My son and all his friends wear the hoodies, but the only time one of them ever zipped it up was on Halloween.

He wanted one with Andy Warhol guns all over it, and I shot him down - heh - on that idea.

Letter writing is in order, for sure.

Edited to add - my son (15 yr. old) just came in and I showed him the hoodie. He's seen it before and said "I HATE Famous (the company) with a passion. All the preps that normally wear Abercrombie and Hollister wear Famous to TRY to look tough and cool. It's lame and stupid"

I'm relieved he didn't say "Cool, can I get one?"

Did you realize it's Ben Franklin's face?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back