Cherished Panda Mao Mao found in earthquake rubble/ funeral today

SeekingJana

Reaction score
http://www.bakersfield.com/893/story/467676.html

This is so incredibly sad. I've cried and cried. The body of a mother panda, 9 year old Mao Mao, who was a resident at the very hard hit Wolong Nature Reserve in Sichuan province was finally found under the massive rubble caused by the China earthquake almost a month ago.
They thought she had wandered out of the damaged enclosure when the earthquake hit.

Here is one of the best news stories I can find on the funeral ceremony, with photos of her grief striken caretaker, comments about the enormous grief the Chinese people feel for the loss of the panda- symbolic of their country's loss, and a bit about sweet Mao Mao's life with her extremely devoted and heartbroken caretaker. She was apparently a very good mother, and was believed to be pregnant again when she died.

They are finally saying that they have no idea how the 1600 or so wild pandas may be faring, or if they were killed in the earthquake.

:blowkiss:
Maria

http://www.bakersfield.com/893/story/467676.html

This is so incredibly sad. I've cried and cried. The body of a mother panda, 9 year old Mao Mao, who was a resident at the very hard hit Wolong Nature Reserve in Sichuan province was finally found under the massive rubble caused by the China earthquake almost a month ago.
They thought she had wandered out of the damaged enclosure when the earthquake hit.

Here is one of the best news stories I can find on the funeral ceremony, with photos of her grief striken caretaker, comments about the enormous grief the Chinese people feel for the loss of the panda- symbolic of their country's loss, and a bit about sweet Mao Mao's life with her extremely devoted and heartbroken caretaker. She was apparently a very good mother, and was believed to be pregnant again when she died.

They are finally saying that they have no idea how the 1600 or so wild pandas may be faring, or if they were killed in the earthquake.

:blowkiss:
Maria
Aw how sad.

large-smiley-041.gif

I can't bear to read the story or see the heartbroken handler. :( I love animals soooo very much and those precious & so few pandas have my heart.
I fear for them.
Thank you for letting us know about Mao Mao seekingjana. May she and her unborn baby rest in peace.

can't even read the story; could hardly read the headline. my heart is broken...

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE.....

A funeral for an animal in a country that only allows you to have 1 child.

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE.....

A funeral for an animal in a country that only allows you to have 1 child.
hey, maybe they will allow you to have TWO now. for everyone... since they had so many fatalities, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back