Mom Finds Snake Coiled On Baby's Leg In Crib

vermontn03

Former Member
Reaction score
Mom Finds Snake Coiled On Baby's Leg In Crib

(AP) A Long Island animal shelter is a temporary home for a 1-foot-long snake that a mother found coiled on her 7-month-old daughter's leg as the baby slept in a crib.

Cari Abatemarco of upstate Troy says she was visiting family in Brentwood last week when her baby's cries woke her one night. She tells Newsday that she found a snake wrapped around her daughter's leg.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/10/ap/strange/main4170580.shtml?source=search_story

I saw that on GMA. That is sooooo scary:( The little girl was precious!

I am very afraid of snakes. I would have had a heart attack. I also would have killed everyone in the house with my screams! :eek:

I hate snakes so BAD. Even if I see a grass snake im runnin the other way.

I would have ran screaming from the house:eek: I hate snakes. I wonder where this snake came from they said it must of been a pet.

I don't think a snake that small had the baby in mind for a meal, just a roost.
King snakes are very useful predators and I'm glad that mother had the courage to remove it and present it intact to authorities. I don't think I would have been that calm in that circumstance even though I do like and appreciate snakes. I wonder what else was in that room that attracted the snake in the first place, like a rat or mouse.

i read that and thought... holy crap!
i would have peed myself!
i bet the snake was just trying to get warm

I would have had a heart attack. I saw the mom and the snake on the news this morning, and if I saw that thing wrapped around my child, I hope I would be able to react quickly in a responsible manner. I cannot handle snakes. Snakes are #1 on my list of unacceptable pets for Mr. Masterj to give to our future children.

I read somewhere recently that people get snakes for pets and then when they move they just let them go...anywhere! I hate snakes. I live in the mountains and we have them up here in the road a lot. So far, nothing in the house!! YIKES.

I would flip out if I saw that :eek: I can handle touching them when I know they are there but not around my baby.

I am very afraid of snakes. I would have had a heart attack. I also would have killed everyone in the house with my screams! :eek:

Nan, I don't think it'd be JUST my house here -- I think the people living in the next town would hear me!!! *needing a fainting smiley here* I absolutely can not handle snakes, spiders, most bugs for that matter. UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back