1230 users online (273 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bush implies military will strike in Iran?

Hmmm, and oil prices soared today on speculation that demand will exceed supply....coincidence? I think not....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/...lKuiUtsGWs0NUE

Doesn't make any sense, why start more fighting before leaving office??? IMO he's a moron.

From the above article:
    President Bush on Wednesday raised unprompted the possibility of a military strike to thwart Tehran's presumed nuclear weapons ambitions, speaking bullishly on Iran even as he admitted having been unwise to do so previously about Iraq.

We can't appease a country that wants to wipe another off the face of the Earth

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Hmmm, and oil prices soared today on speculation that demand will exceed supply....coincidence? I think not....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/...lKuiUtsGWs0NUE
    Iran has been ratcheting things up for some time now. I've thought for a long time that we might go to war with Iran before GWB leaves office, and not because he is trigger happy (or not).

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom View Post
    Iran has been ratcheting things up for some time now. I've thought for a long time that we might go to war with Iran before GWB leaves office, and not because he is trigger happy (or not).

I agree! I have been wondering if Bush will feel as if he has somehow left the job undone if Iran is not dealt with.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I agree! I have been wondering if Bush will feel as if he has somehow left the job undone if Iran is not dealt with.
    Yep, and who will be handling Iran next?

The next Republican President probably.

i have to honestly say that i would be ok with it... errrr.... i'm scared of IRAN. i at least want them delt with. i mean, war is scary and all... but i would understand. you know?

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Doesn't make any sense, why start more fighting before leaving office??? IMO he's a moron.

From the above article:
    Edited to say that we really shouldn't believe anything that we hear in the media, etc. and name calling of political figures is against the TOS (even if those names fit)! LOL
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 06-13-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    In the first place, members of Websleuths are not allowed to call the President of the United States names, even if it weren't childish. Secondly, its NOT TRUE until you hear it from the State Department.
    Praying.....

ETA - and I didn't know we couldn't name call the Pres here. You learn something new everyday. I believe in respect for the office even if you don't respect the officer and try to teach my kids this.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Praying.....

ETA - and I didn't know we couldn't name call the Pres here. You learn something new everyday. I believe in respect for the office even if you don't respect the officer and try to teach my kids this.
    You're a good mum!!!!

You're a good mum!!!!
    Sometimes!

We have some good friends who have taught their young girls to say crap about Bush and I think it's ridiculous. They are not mature enough to know anything real about politics.

well, so far, offering them WTO status hasn't helped.

So, yeah. I'm ok with bombing them even further into the stone ages.

/glass parking lot.

Sometimes!

We have some good friends who have taught their young girls to say crap about Bush and I think it's ridiculous. They are not mature enough to know anything real about politics.
    I know what you mean. My 15-year old son is interested in politics and he and I have some pretty good discussions about what's happening. He completely looses his mind during class when the teacher and other students speak of things they overheard on the radio or news reports. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about, but rather just repeat what they hear from libs.

I know what you mean. My 15-year old son is interested in politics and he and I have some pretty good discussions about what's happening. He completely looses his mind during class when the teacher and other students speak of things they overheard on the radio or news reports. They obviously have no idea what they're talking about, but rather just repeat what they hear from libs.
    It can swing both ways, but you are much more likely to get the lib point in an academic setting of young people (unless maybe you attend a church school!).

15 is old enough to "get" some things. 5 and 7 is not! My son (7) and I did have some good talks because he asked about the Hillary sign in the yard. He doesn't quite understand why I've taken it down! He said "I thought she was going to be President" and I said "No - she's who I wanted to be President but she's out of the race."

It can swing both ways, but you are much more likely to get the lib point in an academic setting of young people (unless maybe you attend a church school!).

15 is old enough to "get" some things. 5 and 7 is not! My son (7) and I did have some good talks because he asked about the Hillary sign in the yard. He doesn't quite understand why I've taken it down! He said "I thought she was going to be President" and I said "No - she's who I wanted to be President but she's out of the race."
    Yeah, but its never too early to get them started!!!!! After all, one of your's may actually grow up and decide tor run!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast