966 users online (220 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Kevin Tripp, 57, killed in 'checkout rage' attack, Merton, 10 June 2008

A 57-year-old shopper has died after allegedly being attacked in a "checkout rage" incident at a London supermarket.
    The victim, who has a five-year-old child, was beaten up while queueing up inside Sainsbury's in Merton, south-west London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-checkout.html

The man murdered was a victim of mistaken identity. apparently at 57 he was mistaken for a teenager.

What is wrong with people.....I just about give up.

We are slipping into Clockwork Orange every day.

Now the 57 year-old's child is fatherless.

Thats the other aspect of these crimes Floh...the ones left behind in the senseless death of a loved one....how hard must it be for them to make sense of it all.

Tony Virasami, 37, from Lewisham, was due to appear at Wimbledon magistrates' court today accused of grievous bodily harm but could now be charged with murder.
    It emerged today that Virasami was wearing an electronic tag at the time of the incident because he had been released on bail for another offence.
    A source said: 'Senior officers are absolutely furious that the attacker, who was tagged, had been allowed on bail for some other offence.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-attack.html

Of course he was out on bail before the attack!

The violence over here is truly frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    The violence over here is truly frightening.

The violence everywhere is frightening!

I read this yesterday and jelt so sick for him. What a POS to just sucker punch this guy...innocent guy I might add. And for what? Becasue he supposedly cut in line. Whatever. May he rot in prison!

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    The violence everywhere is frightening!
    True that.

The girlfriend of the attacker has been charged with murder now too
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dom-punch.html

I don't understand why the girlfriend is being charged as well. If she tells the boyfriend to jump off a cliff, is he going to do it? Everyone is responsible for their own actions. He could have just brushed it off and told her to just have patience in line. The boyfriend is the one that punched and killed the man. Just because his girlfriend tells him he cut her in line, that is no excuse. Sounds like he was just a loose cannon waiting to go off.

I'm glad she's been charged. she called her boyfriend to come and 'sort out' someone who had upset her. she knew her boyfriend had a history of violence, so she must share in the responsibility of an innocent man's death.

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    I'm glad she's been charged. she called her boyfriend to come and 'sort out' someone who had upset her. she knew her boyfriend had a history of violence, so she must share in the responsibility of an innocent man's death.

IMO.

I agree that was my first thought she knew how he was had to and call him anyway

I agree with Floh and Mel....she knew what her boyfriend was capable of and called him anyway, so she is responsible too.

He had a history of this type thing? Okay, then i agree. Although i don't know if she should be charged with murder, maybe accessory to murder..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast