777 users online (178 members and 599 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Tiffany Hirst, 3, dies of extreme neglect, Sheffield, 28 Sept 2007

I read this today and the image of the little girl staring out the window tore at me. This is my first time starting a thread so I hope I have done the link to the article right.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sted-room.html

This is horrible! Poor little girl never had a chance once stepdad arrived. RIP little Tiffany!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    I read this today and the image of the little girl staring out the window tore at me. This is my first time starting a thread so I hope I have done the link to the article right.
    These two monsters should be starved to death and they got off with barely anything on neglect charges. This poor baby. I wish I was there to hold her and care for her. I can't imagine what was going through her little mind.

Sentences for crimes over here are a joke full stop...they never get what they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    Welcome, Ciara. What an awful story. My prayers for this family.

I have no words....

Praying for her soul and God will love her FOREVER in Heaven.

Rosco

Thankyou Southcitymom

They had a baby also, I hope they never get their hands on it!

VB

That poor poor little girl. I just cant understand how people can purposely do this to a child.

Hi Ciara, you did a good job posting that link. A tragedy. The man only got a neglect charge because his new job had kept him from home 12 hours a day? He had only started the job a few weeks before the little girl died. It took more than a few weeks for this poor child to get in that condition.

Beetles? That's frightening. Poor baby.

Not only was she starved of love, but the couple also denied her food and water.

Why do I read this stuff? I am yet again, disgusted with humanity!

LOOK at the children in your path

So horrible, yet so like many abuse/ neglect children's murders we read of.

This one is somewhat different because so many people saw this little girl being neglected and abused and did nothing. I am not condenming them but I would like to say this:

We, the world at large, are the caretakers for all of the innocents in this world: The children, the frail elderly, the handicapped.
    Most of all, children have no voice. They cannot scream when they are starving. A child will love his or her abusive parent until the end of his or her life, despite the pain, because we humans are programmed to bond to and love our caregivers, not knowing what abuse or neglect is as babies and small children.
    It is up to every one of us to LOOK in the eyes of every child we see, to look at the child and ask ourselves: Is this a happy, healthy child? Is this a loved, properly cared for child? If we ever have any doubts, then it is up to every single one of us to call the authorities right then and there if possible. Some people are in special positions to help- the teachers, nurses, parents of small children- all of you see many small children every day. Please take time to look in the eyes of the children. A neglected or abused child shows signs of detachment and sadness early. Someone should have been this baby's advocate but they were not. Now, in hindsight, they realize that what they didn't do allowed two monsters to kill a beautiful child. Who among us would not have loved to have the little girl to love, cherish, heal, and nurture?
    This is so heartbreaking.

Maria

Update

12 years. What a fricking travesty

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Why do I read this stuff? I am yet again, disgusted with humanity!
    I am right there with you, sad and disgusted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast