UK - Tiffany Hirst, 3, dies of extreme neglect, Sheffield, 28 Sept 2007

This is horrible! Poor little girl never had a chance once stepdad arrived. RIP little Tiffany!

I read this today and the image of the little girl staring out the window tore at me. This is my first time starting a thread so I hope I have done the link to the article right.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...starve-death-filthy-beetle-infested-room.html

These two monsters should be starved to death and they got off with barely anything on neglect charges. This poor baby. I wish I was there to hold her and care for her. I can't imagine what was going through her little mind.

Sentences for crimes over here are a joke full stop...they never get what they deserve:mad:

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I have no words....

Praying for her soul and God will love her FOREVER in Heaven.:blowkiss:

Rosco

They had a baby also, I hope they never get their hands on it!

VB

That poor poor little girl. I just cant understand how people can purposely do this to a child.

Hi Ciara, you did a good job posting that link. A tragedy. The man only got a neglect charge because his new job had kept him from home 12 hours a day? He had only started the job a few weeks before the little girl died. It took more than a few weeks for this poor child to get in that condition.

Beetles? That's frightening. Poor baby.

Why do I read this stuff? I am yet again, disgusted with humanity!:furious::eek::confused::furious:

So horrible, yet so like many abuse/ neglect children's murders we read of.

This one is somewhat different because so many people saw this little girl being neglected and abused and did nothing. I am not condenming them but I would like to say this:

We, the world at large, are the caretakers for all of the innocents in this world: The children, the frail elderly, the handicapped.
Most of all, children have no voice. They cannot scream when they are starving. A child will love his or her abusive parent until the end of his or her life, despite the pain, because we humans are programmed to bond to and love our caregivers, not knowing what abuse or neglect is as babies and small children.
It is up to every one of us to LOOK in the eyes of every child we see, to look at the child and ask ourselves: Is this a happy, healthy child? Is this a loved, properly cared for child? If we ever have any doubts, then it is up to every single one of us to call the authorities right then and there if possible. Some people are in special positions to help- the teachers, nurses, parents of small children- all of you see many small children every day. Please take time to look in the eyes of the children. A neglected or abused child shows signs of detachment and sadness early. Someone should have been this baby's advocate but they were not. Now, in hindsight, they realize that what they didn't do allowed two monsters to kill a beautiful child. Who among us would not have loved to have the little girl to love, cherish, heal, and nurture?
This is so heartbreaking.

Maria

And the boyfriend only got 5 years........what price a child's life:(
They showed footage of the room where she died on our news tonight and it was skanky.....dirty and messy with electrical sockets hanging off walls and wires exposed......this poor little girl had to be soooo lonely in that room. Sad sad sad!

Nice post, SeekingJana. I totally agree.

This is so sad, I can't even read the articles. Poor baby, may she rest in peace.

Salem

She is resting in peace now because she no longer feels the kind of deprivation her whole life was about.

If I were the American Pediatrics Association, hint hint, I would PROMPTLY issues some pamphlets and posters regarding the challenges of parenting toddlers, especially around toilet training and the "NO" stages. With 800#'s for crisis intervention. This is completely ridiculous.

Hope this little one can rest in peace.

What is heart breaking is that its thought she was loved and cared for prior to this idiot coming onto the scene. He must have made it clear to 'Mother' his views on the child and she was suddenly happy to go along with them!

Hope this little one can rest in peace.

What is heart breaking is that its thought she was loved and cared for prior to this idiot coming onto the scene. He must have made it clear to 'Mother' his views on the child and she was suddenly happy to go along with them!

I am curious about this phenomenon-I mean the original parent has to have some kind of inclination towards cruelty-it's as almost as if the boyfriend or SO gives the parent permission to mistreat their child as well. In the case of Riley Sawyer, she had been loved and cared for until her mother left Riley's grandparents house. Then out of the view of other family members, she was tortured and beaten to death. What gives?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back