"Troubling" passages in textbooks in private Islamic school - Virginia

Karole28

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
McLEAN, Va. (AP) — Textbooks at a private Islamic school in northern Virginia teach students that it is permissible for Muslims to kill adulterers and converts from Islam, according to a federal investigation released Wednesday.
Other passages in the school’s textbooks state that “the Jews conspired against Islam and its people” and that Muslims are permitted to take the lives and property of those deemed “polytheists.”

The passages were found in selected textbooks used during the 2007-08 school year by the Islamic Saudi Academy, which teaches 900 students in grades K-12 at two campuses in Alexandria and Fairfax and receives much of its funding from the Saudi government.

The academy has come under scrutiny from critics who allege that it fosters an intolerant brand of Islam similar to that taught in the conservative Saudi kingdom. In the review, the panel recommended that the school make all of its textbooks available to the State Department so changes can be made before the next school year.

Click!

Unbelievably, at MSNBC a poll asks whether the school should be allowed to stay open, and 13% answer “Yes. One way to teach tolerance is to show tolerance.”

Guess what? One of their past valedictorians was convicted for terrorism (feigned shock and surprise)

Just a few days ago, the academy’s 1999 class valedictorian, Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, had his 2005 conviction upheld by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals on charges that he joined Al-Qaeda and had plotted to assassinate President George W. Bush. Abu Ali was sentenced to 30 years in prison. As noted by Evan Kohlmann at Counterterrorism Blog, Abu Ali had joined an Al-Qaeda cell in Saudi Arabia while studying at the University of Medina, and one of his Al-Qaeda co-conspirators was killed in a shoot-out with Saudi authorities.

===================
Oh, and there are charges of sexual abuse (that the director didn't believe)

According to a local news report [video] on June 3, the female student reported her claims to her teachers, and a report on the matter was drawn up by the teachers and the school’s principal and submitted to administrators. But when the allegations reached the desk of school director Abdullah Al-Shabnan, he didn’t believe the girl and failed to report the sex abuse claims to law enforcement within the 72 hours required by state law.

Great, I see the Saudi government is helping to fund this school.. That means it will be swept under the rug because our current policy is to embrace the Saudis..big oil and all that.

Great, I see the Saudi government is helping to fund this school.. That means it will be swept under the rug because our current policy is to embrace the Saudis..big oil and all that.

Disgusting! Why are we allowing this?!?! :furious:

Sometimes I read stories like this and I have to wonder at the wisdom of allowing schools to preach hatred.

I know many have grave reservations about anti-incitement to hatred laws but under circumstances like these they would be an effective way of controlling what is taught to children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back