Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are all holding up during this terrible tradegy. I am saddened beyond words for the girls and their families and their little friends who I am sure are heartbroken as are we.

I have so many questions and one is that the girls were apparently at one of their's grandfathers. They left for their walk. The grandfather called them shortly afterward to come back, then went to get them. He claims to have found them dead. All this is 30-35 minutes?

Why did the girls go? Why did the grandfather call to tell them to return? Why did he rush to find them? I do not want to point blame but the timeline is odd to me.

Here is a link to amw where I read this.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=56421

Shortly after the pair left, Taylor's grandfather and her guardian called Paschal-Placker's cell phone, trying to get them to come back. When the call went unanswered, he went looking for them. About a half mile north of the house, he found both girls on the side of the road.

If all the above is true, and if it is live video today, taken this morning sometime) then they are looking north (shadows of trees point to the west), and given our cultural habit of walking on the right side, I still maintain they didn't make it to the bridge.

The witness, if they did see the girls and the suspects, would have had to come up from behind them, passed them, and then met the suspects coming from the north, or may have passed them on the bridge, which makes me wonder if they were doing anything illegal at the bridge why they didn't go after the person in the car.

The girls were found on the west side of the road, south of the bridge. So they were just next to the southbound lane -- traffic headed away from the bridge and toward Taylor's house, which was south of the bridge according to the map posted today.
"Their bodies were found along the west side of County Line Road, about three-fourths of a mile north of Coleman Road, the sheriff said."
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080610_12_A1_hThetw874180

I hope you are all holding up during this terrible tradegy. I am saddened beyond words for the girls and their families and their little friends who I am sure are heartbroken as are we.

I have so many questions and one is that the girls were apparently at one of their's grandfathers. They left for their walk. The grandfather called them shortly afterward to come back, then went to get them. He claims to have found them dead. All this is 30-35 minutes?

Why did the girls go? Why did the grandfather call to tell them to return? Why did he rush to find them? I do not want to point blame but the timeline is odd to me.

Shortly after the pair left, Taylor's grandfather and her guardian called Paschal-Placker's cell phone, trying to get them to come back. When the call went unanswered, he went looking for them. About a half mile north of the house, he found both girls on the side of the road.

Maybe he just wanted them to come home for dinner. I don't find it odd, yet.

have to admit it does seem a bit odd about the quick timing on all this..but my initial reaction is that the girls went to the bridge/hangout, but obviously they didn't stay long (so why go there in the first place if you're just going to turn around and come right back, but maybe that was something they did quite frequentl) but maybe somebody was there that they were afraid of, or did see something. I heard on Greta that they believe the perps did a U turn, so I take that to mean they drove by the girls on their way back and then abruptly did a U to go back toward them. But didn't say if the vehicle would have been headed going toward or away from the bridge area.

Just the brutality of it...seems like people ampted up on some kind of drugs to me It could be anything..a joy killing, revenge, drugs, abduction gone wrong...these poor kids never had a chance. I saw a photo of the road...looked very isolated and heavily wooded on each side.

The grandfather called them because Skyla's mother had just called him telling him she was on her way to pick her daughter up. The grandfather then called the girl's cell phone, they didn't answer, so he went looking for them.

Maybe he just wanted them to come home for dinner. I don't find it odd, yet.

He went to get them because Skyla's mother called to say she was coming to pick her daughter up -- his wife tried calling Taylor's cell phone but there was no answer. Skyla's mother, in fact, did drive up very soon after he found the bodies, and he had to tell her. She was coming from the north, and probably would have been the one to discover the bodies if he hadn't first.

Skylar's grandmother, from a Nancy Grace interview:
"Well, Sunday afternoon. My daughter was the second person to arrive on the scene. And the daddy of Taylor wouldn't let her near Skyla. And she called us at our home, and we flew over there to see about her because we knew something was drastically wrong. So it was Sunday afternoon, probably 5:20."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/12/nancy.grace/

They don't suspect the grandfather of any involvement. He was just concerned when they did not answer the phone. Skyla's mother arrived shortly after the murders. It certainly was quick...they said 20-25 minutes from the time they left until they were found.

She was coming from the North on that stretch of road?! Wouldn't she have possibly seen the suspect vehicle? I don't recall them saying she was coming from any direction, but I figured she was coming from the south then saw him further up the road so went there.

Since it was the phone the grandfather used...I would not want to think he pulled it out of her pocket or anything. It may have been laying beside her.

She was coming from the North on that stretch of road?! Wouldn't she have possibly seen the suspect vehicle?

You'd think. Except that the girls could have been killed fifteen or so minutes before they were found. In that case, the vehicle would have been long gone.

Or maybe the suspect vehicle was an ATV. Remember those reports of boys riding around in the area in ATVs? There is a big cleared swath right through the woods there.

They have the tire tracks so would know if it was an ATV easily that they were looking for. From everything I have heard and read...sounds like a regular vehicle.

You'd think. Except that the girls could have been killed fifteen or so minutes before they were found. In that case, the vehicle would have been long gone.

Or maybe the suspect vehicle was an ATV. Remember those reports of boys riding around in the area in ATVs? There is a big cleared swath right through the woods there.

I thought I read/heard somewhere that LE suspected that the vehicle may have done a U-turn, which means the mother may not have passed the suspects.

They have the tire tracks so would know if it was an ATV easily that they were looking for. From everything I have heard and read...sounds like a regular vehicle.

Yeah, me too. But I don't know of anywhere they've specifically said it's a regular vehicle -- I'd been assuming it was a car or truck. Just speculation here, of course, but if it were an ATV, it would explain why they are so intent on the murderers being local.

If this was a revenge killing for previously telling on someone doing drugs, then how would they know the girls would be on that road at that particular time. There's already a witness who saw the girls, the bridge is a hangout for kids, and Skylar's mother was on her way.

I thought I read/heard somewhere that LE suspected that the vehicle may have done a U-turn, which means the mother may not have passed the suspects.

But do we know what direction the murderers headed in after they made their U-turn? We don't know what direction they came from, or do we? I don't.

I wish we knew exactly where Skyla lived which would give us the probable path her mother took to pick her up.

But do we know what direction the murderers headed in after they made their U-turn? We don't know what direction they came from, or do we? I don't.
I was just thinking about that very thing. I am looking to see if anyone ever said, but I don't know that they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!