Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Eve Carson, 22, shot to death, Chapel Hill, NC #3

His Dna all over drivers side of car!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

She is doing a good job helping me to understand the science of DNA in layman's terms.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

defense might as well sit down. can u imagine defending him? not good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Can u imagine what they are thinking? Look at the witnesses that walked around knowing that he had killed Eve and did nothing right away! Like it was everyday life. Monsters live all around us! moo
    These folks -- gang members, perhaps, or at least members of a neighborhood group who have grown up doing robberies or breaking & entering, etc., etc., together -- understand this kind of thing as everyday life, IMO.

Although we know it happens -- and not just in East L.A. or in those big cities -- it's not what we experience or brag about when we get together or while we were growing up. We just can't understand it -- but they do, so it's no big deal to them.

That is our short-coming while we watch this unfold -- it's just not what we are used to, so it is very difficult for us to comprehend. And we should be very thankful that we cannot understand it -- as we are, I'm sure -- but now we see people like us -- Eve, her family, the sorority sister who could easily have been their victim, our daughter? one of us? our next door neighbor's daughter? our little sister? It's just too dayam close to us now. Very alarming and maddening. Incomprehensible but it has happened -- at least in my case -- in a town I know well and visit often, and just 25 miles from my house. This isn't a way of like we want to have close to us. But we know it is there.

Let me just stop..... ..

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

defense might as well sit down. can u imagine defending him? not good.
    That would be a tuff one, luckyme!

The Constitution says he has a right to a fair trial, and I think his DT, the Judge and the PT are doing that. Bethea-Shields is trying her best to insert little beads of doubt about Lovette's being there and doing that, but she isn't beating a big bass drum when she does. The last two days, and the ATM pics aren't helping too much, however.

And I can't imagine that the jurors like him -- and his "friends" aren't helping that one bit. They all, so far, have criminal records of various degrees of seriousness. Maybe the DT can find a baby sitter who said he was a good baby... Did he finish high school?

Here is a link to his criminal history:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...urence&searchG

But it sounds like he also got into trouble in his youth which wouldn't be listed. I'd like to know about that, as well as Atwater's, but never mind about that. Another thing we'll never know.

I got on google and "walked around" the neighborhood where his mother lives, and it looks okay -- middle-class, 1500 -- 2000 sq.ft. houses, some nicer than others -- some a little "worn" -- but in neat yards, lawns trimmed at the curbs, with driveways. Okay street. I don't know if this was his neighborhood growing up, but it probably looked even better 15 years ago. It didn't look like a "bad" area, but I don't know anything about Durham other than Duke Hospital and the University.

It will be interesting to see if they put on a defense or if they will just try to find that one juror with their final argument. I do wonder how enthusiastic they really are about their client's chances. Certainly defense attorneys defend all kinds of "bad" characters, and this one probably isn't their first thug or gangster type. Somebody has to do it. Have they found any humanity in him? Do they like him? We'll never know.

Can you imagine facing the rest of your life in prison when you're 21 years old?

Can you imagine being shot to death while lying on a city street at 22 years old?

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

hugs, (((borndem)))

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    hugs, (((borndem)))
    Thanks, matilda!! back atcha (((waltzingmatilda)))

I think we ALL need one. Whew, this is tuff stuff...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    That would be a tuff one, luckyme!

The Constitution says he has a right to a fair trial, and I think his DT, the Judge and the PT are doing that. Bethea-Shields is trying her best to insert little beads of doubt about Lovette's being there and doing that, but she isn't beating a big bass drum when she does. The last two days, and the ATM pics aren't helping too much, however.

And I can't imagine that the jurors like him -- and his "friends" aren't helping that one bit. They all, so far, have criminal records of various degrees of seriousness. Maybe the DT can find a baby sitter who said he was a good baby... Did he finish high school?

Here is a link to his criminal history:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...urence&searchG

But it sounds like he also got into trouble in his youth which wouldn't be listed. I'd like to know about that, as well as Atwater's, but never mind about that. Another thing we'll never know.

I got on google and "walked around" the neighborhood where his mother lives, and it looks okay -- middle-class, 1500 -- 2000 sq.ft. houses, some nicer than others -- some a little "worn" -- but in neat yards, lawns trimmed at the curbs, with driveways. Okay street. I don't know if this was his neighborhood growing up, but it probably looked even better 15 years ago. It didn't look like a "bad" area, but I don't know anything about Durham other than Duke Hospital and the University.

It will be interesting to see if they put on a defense or if they will just try to find that one juror with their final argument. I do wonder how enthusiastic they really are about their client's chances. Certainly defense attorneys defend all kinds of "bad" characters, and this one probably isn't their first thug or gangster type. Somebody has to do it. Have they found any humanity in him? Do they like him? We'll never know.

Can you imagine facing the rest of your life in prison when you're 21 years old?

Can you imagine being shot to death while lying on a city street at 22 years old?
    I agree. Im usually pro defense. Not this time though! This is rumor i read it on line and dont have a link. I read that he was adopted by his parents. I wonder if his mother is there? This is just a sad situation! moo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it's simply heartbreaking:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...-says-witness/

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

cellphone lady on stand. verizon. Lovettes phone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

I agree. Im usually pro defense. Not this time though! This is rumor i read it on line and dont have a link. I read that he was adopted by his parents. I wonder if his mother is there? This is just a sad situation! moo
    Yes, luckyme -- I read the same thing somewhere -- about his being adopted and his father being excited about it and about raising him properly, etc., etc. I would like to know more about that... Each day I look, and I haven't seen anybody who looks like family on his side of the courtroom. IDK if she can't come -- she runs child care in her home, IIRC, so she may not be able to leave -- you can't just stop day care for working parents...??? Or if she has chosen not to come or what. She could be there, and I'm just not seeing her or any of his family members. The courtroom is not that full. IDK.

I'll dig around & see if I can find anything... probably won't be easy...

Is it just me & my computer, or is anybody else experiencing the audio portion of the live coverage being usually mostly okay in the morning & then deteriorating to awful-to-none in the afternoon? I've refreshed, re-connected and re-cursed and nothing works. Grrrrr. ..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Poking around, found this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2924875/

Details of his criminal record since he was 17 y/o. Not a model citizen, IMO, but that's just me...

ETA: Here is a bit more about his adoption:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg01180.html

And more info on the trial testimony...

http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.ph..._lovette_trial
    Last edited by borndem; 12-14-2011 at 06:51 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

And another little tidbit about the thugmen:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2008/03/...-at-large.html

Poking around, found this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2924875/

Details of his criminal record since he was 17 y/o. Not a model citizen, IMO, but that's just me...

ETA: Here is a bit more about his adoption:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg01180.html

And more info on the trial testimony...

http://www.dailytarheel.com/index.ph..._lovette_trial

Thanks! Yes the live stream is horrible in afternoon. I had to stop watching.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Good Morning all!

I couldn't get the afternoon live stream either. Prolly a good thing because I caught up on some housework.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

OT/ I saw on abc11 news this morning where prosecutor will decide if they will seek the death penalty against grant and amanda in the Laura atkerson case.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

PROGRAM ALERT: STREAMING TODAY OF THE LAURENCE LOVETTE MURDER TRIAL IS UNAVAILABLE DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

OT/ I saw on abc11 news this morning where prosecutor will decide if they will seek the death penalty against grant and amanda in the Laura atkerson case.
    Thanks -- At least the possibility of it should scare them just a bit, I hope! That way the jury has a "fall-back" position if they just can't quite dish out the DP -- there's always LWOP! What an egotistical ******* he is.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Good Morning all!

I couldn't get the afternoon live stream either. Prolly a good thing because I caught up on some housework.
    Looks like all of us should have a chance to clean today -- Thursday. Apparently no live feed from WRAL. Dayam-it! <sigh>

38. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Prosecution Rests; Defense Rests w/no Witnesses Called

From WRAL

Alert

Just In: Closing arguments have been scheduled for Monday in the trial of Laurence Alvin Lovette Jr., who is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of UNC-Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson. Prosecutors rested their case Thursday afternoon after calling 43 witnesses over seven days. Defense attorneys rested their case without calling any witnesses.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

From WRAL

Alert

Just In: Closing arguments have been scheduled for Monday in the trial of Laurence Alvin Lovette Jr., who is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of UNC-Chapel Hill student body president Eve Carson. Prosecutors rested their case Thursday afternoon after calling 43 witnesses over seven days. Defense attorneys rested their case without calling any witnesses.
    Guess the defense couldn't dredge up a single soul, not even his mother, that could offer up anything to help the thug!

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine the jury will be out long on this one.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    I can't imagine the jury will be out long on this one.
    Probably one of the shortest jury deliberations in NC history.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:

Closing arguments

Guess his attorney rolled the dice and decided not to present any evidence so they could have the last argument to the jury on Monday. Maybe felt this was the best way to plant the seed for reasonable doubt.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast