757 users online (106 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4

The old discussion thread was getting too long, please continue here.

Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #1

Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Thread 3

Thanks Christine!!!

I don't know if MJD is related in any way to Doris, but I feel quite sure that her circumstances will prove to be similar in many ways. It's so difficult to understand how a mother could "lose touch" with her own babies but, obviously, it does happen.

I was very involved with Marlaina Reed's case and still check the Chicago papers and news stations daily to find out if they've found her killer. I really doubt they ever will.

After she was identified, her mother said she started running away at 14. WTF? From a small town in Indiana to friggin Chicago!!! What 14 year old child stands a chance of surviving? And - it took them a YEAR to identify her - even with what I considered to be highly specific characteristics. Jeez. Still breaks my heart.

Those of you that know me and 'my story'..know that I ran away at 15...I am 38 and have not yet been home.

However, after years I was able to make peace w/my family and our relationship has come a long way in the last few years.

It is very possible for a child, a motivated one, to break out and make it, I did. I have 2 beautiful, homeschooled children, I have owned my own business since I was 18 and I feel I am successful and have made a good life for myself and my children. I had to 'break the cycle'.

I feel MJD is not just a 'street hooker'. She had real diamonds in her ears and a cross pendant w/real diamonds around her neck (we know this now)......she was well 'maintained', nice shoes, wearing skirt...she is someone, and I want to know who.

Thanks for sharing, Christine. I didn't know.

Has the report been made into a PDF yet? Or have y'all decided against posting it?

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Christine. I didn't know.

Has the report been made into a PDF yet? Or have y'all decided against posting it?
    We are working on it.

Email me and I will forward meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Those of you that know me and 'my story'..know that I ran away at 15...I am 38 and have not yet been home.

However, after years I was able to make peace w/my family and our relationship has come a long way in the last few years.

It is very possible for a child, a motivated one, to break out and make it, I did. I have 2 beautiful, homeschooled children, I have owned my own business since I was 18 and I feel I am successful and have made a good life for myself and my children. I had to 'break the cycle'.

I feel MJD is not just a 'street hooker'. She had real diamonds in her ears and a cross pendant w/real diamonds around her neck (we know this now)......she was well 'maintained', nice shoes, wearing skirt...she is someone, and I want to know who.
    Wow i've never read this about you!!! Sounds like you had to do what you had to do!!! I had to disown my mom!! Wanted to really run from the whole family but couldnt quite do it .. but sometimes I wish I would of.... freaking grandma wont let up on me about my mom grandma raised me to stay away from those types of people .. I listened

ETA: you all are doing a great job!! its heartbreaking some of these stories your bringing up... but it shows ya anything is possible..

For Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post

Lindsey needs to speak up. This did not go down the way it's recorded here. She has nothing to lose now. FGS!

yeah I wish someone would speak someone knows something!!! and i'm curious about that guy who didnt call back!!! wonder if they ever got in contact again? or did I miss that??

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Lindsey needs to speak up. This did not go down the way it's recorded here. She has nothing to lose now. FGS!
    She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo. Those pimps are no joke. I wonder if LE has a picture of her that we could compare to her myspace picture. I also wonder what happened to MJD's purse? Which leads me to the next question I wonder if they ever searched along side of the road from where she was jumped/pushed to where they stopped the car? Probably not.

I need those that agreed to help with story local in Pheonix to email or Pm me ASAP! Reporter wants to get this going by MONDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo. Those pimps are no joke. I wonder if LE has a picture of her that we could compare to her myspace picture. I also wonder what happened to MJD's purse? Which leads me to the next question I wonder if they ever searched along side of the road from where she was jumped/pushed to where they stopped the car? Probably not.
    Let's not forget our focus here. It is not to determine whether MJD jumped, fell or was pushed, it's to give her a name and get her back to her family.

I think someone knows more than they were saying..... I'm certain they do.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo.
    I don't know. From the report it looks like both of them have escaped a charge like that. The fact that she jumped out of the window instead of the falling out the door pretty much says to me that she made the jump herself. I had a car just like his, and I know it would have taken quite an effort for her to even get out the window intentionally, much less accidentally. I guess she was more afraid of her pimp, or Alonzo, than jumping out of a car. (The report mentions Lindsey or Alonza saying MJD was afraid of being beaten up by someone if she left town)

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast