Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if MJD is related in any way to Doris, but I feel quite sure that her circumstances will prove to be similar in many ways. It's so difficult to understand how a mother could "lose touch" with her own babies but, obviously, it does happen.

I was very involved with Marlaina Reed's case and still check the Chicago papers and news stations daily to find out if they've found her killer. I really doubt they ever will.

After she was identified, her mother said she started running away at 14. WTF? From a small town in Indiana to friggin Chicago!!! What 14 year old child stands a chance of surviving? And - it took them a YEAR to identify her - even with what I considered to be highly specific characteristics. Jeez. Still breaks my heart.

Those of you that know me and 'my story'..know that I ran away at 15...I am 38 and have not yet been home.

However, after years I was able to make peace w/my family and our relationship has come a long way in the last few years.

It is very possible for a child, a motivated one, to break out and make it, I did. I have 2 beautiful, homeschooled children, I have owned my own business since I was 18 and I feel I am successful and have made a good life for myself and my children. I had to 'break the cycle'.

I feel MJD is not just a 'street hooker'. She had real diamonds in her ears and a cross pendant w/real diamonds around her neck (we know this now)......she was well 'maintained', nice shoes, wearing skirt...she is someone, and I want to know who.

Thanks for sharing, Christine. I didn't know.

Has the report been made into a PDF yet? Or have y'all decided against posting it?

Thanks for sharing, Christine. I didn't know.

Has the report been made into a PDF yet? Or have y'all decided against posting it?

We are working on it.

Email me and I will forward meanwhile.

Those of you that know me and 'my story'..know that I ran away at 15...I am 38 and have not yet been home.

However, after years I was able to make peace w/my family and our relationship has come a long way in the last few years.

It is very possible for a child, a motivated one, to break out and make it, I did. I have 2 beautiful, homeschooled children, I have owned my own business since I was 18 and I feel I am successful and have made a good life for myself and my children. I had to 'break the cycle'.

I feel MJD is not just a 'street hooker'. She had real diamonds in her ears and a cross pendant w/real diamonds around her neck (we know this now)......she was well 'maintained', nice shoes, wearing skirt...she is someone, and I want to know who.

Wow i've never read this about you!!! Sounds like you had to do what you had to do!!! I had to disown my mom!! Wanted to really run from the whole family but couldnt quite do it .. but sometimes I wish I would of.... freaking grandma wont let up on me about my mom :croc: grandma raised me to stay away from those types of people .. I listened :)

ETA: you all are doing a great job!! its heartbreaking some of these stories your bringing up... but it shows ya anything is possible..

Lindsey needs to speak up. This did not go down the way it's recorded here. She has nothing to lose now. FGS!

yeah I wish someone would speak :mad: someone knows something!!! and i'm curious about that guy who didnt call back!!! wonder if they ever got in contact again? or did I miss that??

Lindsey needs to speak up. This did not go down the way it's recorded here. She has nothing to lose now. FGS!

She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo. Those pimps are no joke. I wonder if LE has a picture of her that we could compare to her myspace picture. I also wonder what happened to MJD's purse? Which leads me to the next question I wonder if they ever searched along side of the road from where she was jumped/pushed to where they stopped the car? Probably not.

I need those that agreed to help with story local in Pheonix to email or Pm me ASAP! Reporter wants to get this going by MONDAY!

She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo. Those pimps are no joke. I wonder if LE has a picture of her that we could compare to her myspace picture. I also wonder what happened to MJD's purse? Which leads me to the next question I wonder if they ever searched along side of the road from where she was jumped/pushed to where they stopped the car? Probably not.

Let's not forget our focus here. It is not to determine whether MJD jumped, fell or was pushed, it's to give her a name and get her back to her family.

I think someone knows more than they were saying..... I'm certain they do.

She has everything to lose. There is no statue on murder/homicide She would be considered an accessory and even if she isn't afraid of being charged she is probably afraid of Alonzo.

I don't know. From the report it looks like both of them have escaped a charge like that. The fact that she jumped out of the window instead of the falling out the door pretty much says to me that she made the jump herself. I had a car just like his, and I know it would have taken quite an effort for her to even get out the window intentionally, much less accidentally. I guess she was more afraid of her pimp, or Alonzo, than jumping out of a car. (The report mentions Lindsey or Alonza saying MJD was afraid of being beaten up by someone if she left town)

Witnessess say that the car was all over the road and the driver was reaching around the back seat, for a gun? Believe09 (hope you don't mind me posting your opinions) and I have dicussed and we think this is the scenario.....that is why she risked her life to jump...maybe he was going to kill her....sounds like from witnessess he could have been reaching for a gun.

Witnessess say that the car was all over the road and the driver was reaching around the back seat, for a gun? Believe09 (hope you don't mind me posting your opinions) and I have dicussed and we think this is the scenario.....that is why she risked her life to jump...maybe he was going to kill her....sounds like from witnessess he could have been reaching for a gun.

or maybe just to get her stuff so she could get out. Alonzo's version is partly backed up by the witnesses. He said he had moved out of the fast lane to the right lane to slow down to let her out. The witnesses in the truck said the car was moving slower than they were, in the right lane when they (the truckers) came up behind them.

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Please don't fuss or attack me for saying this. But, I think that Alonzo and Lindsey may not know much about MJD. I have a feeling that their story may be true. I think that it is very likely that he picked her up to try and get her to work for him. But maybe MJD thought she was turning a trick. I don't think the part about him telling her they were going to miami was true. I think that she was only in the car with them for a short period of time. So they may not know much about who she really was. She may have done whatever for him/them and when they wouldn't pay her or when she realized they weren't taking her back she decided to jump. Lindsey may still be scared to death of Alonzo, who knows? There is no telling what kind of hell she lived through during this time in her life. He may have threatened her life if she ever told anyone anything about it. I just have a gut feeling that our time would be better spent trying to figure out anyone that knew her in the Phenix area and in the Milwaukee area. I think its great to go with the reporters in those areas for media coverage. This is just my opinion and I felt like I should give ya'll my thoughts on it.

After rereading my own post I wanted to clarify....

Witnessess say that the car was all over the road and the driver was reaching around the back seat <--that is in the report, after the , for a gun? Was me asking if that is what he could be doing. Just didn't want to confuse :crazy: The witness did NOT say gun, that was discussion between Believe and I. FWIW

Im Dying to see that report! Was it the back passanger window or front or was it only a 2 door?

Christine I agree I was also thinking about her wearing REAL diamonds etc, more typical hookers, street kids dont have money for those. or if they did have them at one time its possible they would have pawned them for money to live on. How many hookers do you see with such nicely groomed (waxed maybe) eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee