Female athlete had two year affair with her FATHER

Sounds like she was a very confused your girl. I can see how the incest taboo wouldn't feel very strong if you had not known your bio Dad/bio daughter 17 years of your life (in her case, he entire life). She was obviously seeking love when she uncovered him.

IMHO, more of the moral burden was on his shoulders. He was old enough to know better. The balance of power clearly swung in his favor and he should not have taken advantage of it.

IMO, the father is the responsible party for this sick situation. I don't care if the daughter came on to him and danced around naked, he should have never had sex with her. She is a very sick, young lady. She needs help. She really wanted the love of her father. I guess that she thought that sex would seal the deal. Sad, sad, sad. :(

I am confused too. Is the father considered a sex offender too or just her? And why? This girl needs some serious psychological help not the burden and shame of being labeled a sex offender for the rest of her life.

This article seems hard to read because I dont understand British legal terms. It looks like she was labled a sex offender under the law, but got no sentence. It looks like the "Father" got the same thing plus three years probation?

quote-

"In an unusual legal move at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester, Cummins, of Denton, pleaded guilty to two offences of sexual activity with an adult relation under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and was given an absolute discharge.

Broomhead, also of Denton, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual intercourse with his natural daughter and was sentenced to three years supervision and ordered to attend a sex offenders programme."

It looks like the judge clearly held the man more morally responsible though-

quote-
"Sentencing Broomhead, Judge Lowcock said: 'You started a sexual relationship with you daughter when she was 18 and it lasted about two years.
'She said she knew it wasn't right but there was a power differential between you - you were her father and you were responsible for her.
'She trusted you and you abused that trust. You seem unable to accept your responsibility and put the blame on your daughter.'"

I don't get it either, but it sounds like they are being labeled as sex offenders for having an incestuous relationship. Her punishment was suspended b/c she didn't know him as a dad.

I think. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back