1326 users online (236 members and 1090 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814

    Iran hangs 17 year old boy despite signing treaty banning execution of minors

    I am sooooo glad I dont live in Iran
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...on-minors.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    I am sooooo glad I dont live in Iran
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...on-minors.html
    Iran human rights watch

    URGENT: THREE MINOR OFFENDERS AMONG THE ELLEVEN SCHEDULED TO BE EXECUTED IN TEHRAN TOMORROW MORNING JUNE 11

    Tuesday 10 June 2008

    Iran Human Rights, June 10: According to several sources three minors offenders are among the elleven people scheduled to be hanged in Tehran’s Evin prison early tomorrow morning. According to these sources Behnood Shojaee, Mohammad Fadaei and Saeed Jazee (Jazi) have been transferred from the Rajaee Shahr prison (Gohardasht) to the solitary confinements in the Evin prison where hangings normally take place. All three of these minors are sentenced to death for alleged murders. However there are several shortcomings in their legal processes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    I would like to know why and how he killed the 10 yr old boy 2 yrs ago.

    I don't believe in the DP for minors here, but there I would think the DP would be better than living in their prisons for the rest of your life. I'm extremely opposed to the DP there when it's because a female had an affair or was raped, etc.

    I know, I sound nuts!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Girls are held responsible from the age of 9 and boys when they're 15?? WTH?


    I really don't have a problem executing him ...if the circumstances of th murder warranted it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Girls are held responsible from the age of 9 and boys when they're 15?? WTH?


    I really don't have a problem executing him ...if the circumstances of th murder warranted it.
    That part jumped out at me too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,075
    Girls mature faster than boys in Iran?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    It seems very odd that girls could be considered more mature at nine than a boy of fourteen & that women having attained that maturity so early somehow can't be afforded all the same rights as the men.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,234
    is the treaty with us?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    I guess girls aged 9 are the favorite age of pedophile men over there. They get away with it and the girl is blamed. Disgusting and disgusting to execute kids even if they did kill another child, which may not even be true.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    839
    I'm not trying to sound prejudiced, but I just will never understand the culture of some of those Mid-East countries.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I guess girls aged 9 are the favorite age of pedophile men over there. They get away with it and the girl is blamed. Disgusting and disgusting to execute kids even if they did kill another child, which may not even be true.
    Did I somehow miss this in the article?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    Did I somehow miss this in the article?
    The Ayatollah Khomeini himself married a ten-year-old girl when he was twenty-eight. Khomeini called marriage to a prepubescent girl “a divine blessing,” and advised the faithful: “Do your best to ensure that your daughters do not see their first blood in your house.”

    Time magazine reported in 2001: “In Iran the legal age for marriage is nine for girls, fourteen for boys. The law has occasionally been exploited by pedophiles, who marry poor young girls from the provinces, use and then abandon them. In 2000 the Iranian Parliament voted to raise the minimum age for girls to fourteen, but this year, a legislative oversight body dominated by traditional clerics vetoed the move. An attempt by conservatives to abolish Yemen’s legal minimum age of fifteen for girls failed, but local experts say it is rarely enforced anyway. (The onset of puberty is considered an appropriate time for a marriage to be consummated.)”

    (general knowlege)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I would like to know why and how he killed the 10 yr old boy 2 yrs ago.

    I don't believe in the DP for minors here, but there I would think the DP would be better than living in their prisons for the rest of your life. I'm extremely opposed to the DP there when it's because a female had an affair or was raped, etc.

    I know, I sound nuts!!
    You don't sound nuts at all.....A boy is held punishable from the age of 15 and a girl from the age of nine......there is nothing "just" about their "justice system."

    At least they didn't tie this one to the whipping post and whip him to death.

  14. #14
    In many cases the Iranians will execute gays for being homosexual, covering it up by saying they committed other crimes.

    There are documented cases of clerics murdering children via execution.

    Iranian culture is a vile mix of hipocrisy, misogyny and homophobia.

    She was executed (at 16) for being raped by her 51 yo uncle:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5217424.stm

    These two were executed for being gay:
    http://www.ncr-iran.org/content/view/222/69/


    But, I forgot. Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by XcomSquaddie View Post
    In many cases the Iranians will execute gays for being homosexual, covering it up by saying they committed other crimes.

    There are documented cases of clerics murdering children via execution.

    Iranian culture is a vile mix of hipocrisy, misogyny and homophobia.

    She was executed (at 16) for being raped by her 51 yo uncle:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5217424.stm

    These two were executed for being gay:
    http://www.ncr-iran.org/content/view/222/69/


    But, I forgot. Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.
    Apparently they forgot that too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. UK - Should execution go through for rapist/killer of 16 year-old girl
    By Reality Orlando in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 07:46 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:56 AM
  4. Tribe Keeps Fighting for Treaty Rights
    By Beyond Belief in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
  5. NY - Police: 6-Year-Old Hangs Self From Doorknob
    By ajc2804 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 04:07 PM