Not open for further replies.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Thread 1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65845
Thread 2: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66012

POI:

POI1.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366464,00.html

Investigators released a sketch of a possible witness Friday in the slaying of best friends shot to death along a country road as their families laid them to rest.

Police are seeking an American Indian male, about 6-foot and 35 years of age, who was seen in the area where Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, were killed Sunday along a dirt road in Weleetka, Okla.

Skyla Jade Whitaker a resident of Rural Henryetta (Salem) passed this life on June 8, 2008 at the age of 11. Born April 5, 1997 in Joplin, Missouri to William and Rose (Farrow) Whitaker. Skyla attended Graham School. She is preceded in death by a Grandmother “Sam” Getman
Survived by her parents; William and Rose Whitaker of the home
3 Sisters: Rosita Gordon of Tulsa,Ok
Christina Whitaker of Popular Bluff, Missouri
Jayme Whitaker of the home.
Brother: Edward Gordon of Columbus, Kansas
Maternal Grandparents: Jim and Claudia Farrow of rural Graham,OK
Paternal Grandparents: Bill and Sharron Whitaker of Baxter Springs, KS
Linda Pritchard of Henryettta
“Granny”- Hester Gregg of Wagnor
“Grandpa”- Harold Getman of Baxter Springs, KS
Great Grandmother- Mary Pritchard of Miller, Missouri Services will be 2:00pm, Friday, June 13, 2008 at the Henryetta First Baptist Church with Rev. Jim Paslay, officiating. Services are under the direction of the Rogers Funeral Home.

http://www.eboards4all.com/728165/messages/1247.html

Video Tribute by the Rogers Funeral Home at http://videos.lifetributes.com/20515
ETA: Just watched the tribute and you might want to have some tissues handy.
Thought I should move these here.

Birth: Mar. 6, 1995
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma County
Oklahoma, USADeath: Jun. 8, 2008
Weleetka
Okfuskee County
Oklahoma, USA
She was the daughter of Peter and Vicky Placker. Taylor attended Graham School where she was involved in the 4H Club, cheerleading, and was on the Superintendent's Honor Role. She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents Ruby and Carl Paschal, and by her paternal grandparents, Petra and Arvie Placker. Taylor and friend Skyla Jade Whitaker, were found shot to death on a rural road near Taylor's home. Funeral services will be held Friday, June 13, 2008 at 10:00 am at Dewar First Baptist Church with the Rev. Ron King officiating. Burial will be at Westlawn Cemetery under the direction of Shurden Funeral Home.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...er&GSbyrel=in&GSdyrel=in&GSob=n&GRid=27445144&
Here is the other one.

Brown called the man a "witness" and a "possible person of interest," and said someone saw him standing in front of a white Ford or Chevy single-cab pickup truck on County Line Road around the time of the girls' death.

"He was stopped on the road actually kind of blocking the way there, standing outside his pickup truck, doing something," she said. "And they couldn't really tell what he was doing, so they kept driving because it looked a little suspicious."

The truck had a thin chrome stripe down the side and Oklahoma plates, she said.

Ok, is it possible he had the girls in his truck at one point and told them to "keep down." You know, ready to take off with them (sex offender) but when people drove by and saw him standing outside of his truck he thinks, "Oh @*&# , I can't go through with taking them now, and just orders them out, makes them stand there in the ditch and shoots them?
Takes off like a bat out of hell.
Since nobody saw him with the girls, he cannot be (in his mind) linked to them.
Now, I know he could've just as easily took off with them, killed them, and buried them somewhere remote, but I think he panicked when he was seen by cars passing by.
IF this is him.
Maybe he even tried to abducted them, and they started to run. He then went after them and made them stop in their tracks by pulling a gun on them. Trust me, someone pulls a gun and threatens you, you do what they say.
This might explain the rage as well.
He was pissed he was "rejected", or that they fought back, or mad that he was interupted by passing cars?

I'm just tossing out theories.
I still say it's either a thrill kill, just a kill due to anger and rage at society in general and took it out on these two little girls.
OR this is an abduction gone wrong.

Also, he could be the only shooter, or his "partner" might have been in the truck and not visible. Maybe even a younger friend or relative?

UGH My head is spinning.

Looking at the obits, I thought Taylor lived with her grandparents, but called them Mom and Dad?

I think it is possible he had them in the truck at one point unless they have their shoeprints coming back to that point from the bridge. Since they seemed certain the girls made it to the bridge and were returning...the only thing I can think of are the shoeprints giving them evidence not to mention the other witness who saw the girls right before they were murdered. Of course, they didn't say he didn't see them inside a vehicle. Interesting.

According to LE and Ms Brown, the angels were murdered where they stood.

maybe he was standing "watch" by the truck

This sketch is so detailed, the witness must have seen him pretty close up. But never actually saw the girls either walking or lying by the side of the road?

I think it is possible he had them in the truck at one point unless they have their shoeprints coming back to that point from the bridge. Since they seemed certain the girls made it to the bridge and were returning...the only thing I can think of are the shoeprints giving them evidence not to mention the other witness who saw the girls right before they were murdered. Of course, they didn't say he didn't see them inside a vehicle. Interesting.

Yea, the chances he had them in his truck even for a brief moment is slim.
On the other hand, don't forget Taylors phone constantly ringing. Maybe he thought, someone is coming to look for them soon IF he had them in his truck..then told them to get out and then did his evil act.
The chance the girls resisted an abduction and were killed for it is a very high possibility IMO. Maybe the other crime the girls foiled was their own abduction not a drug deal? Whether he got them in his truck or not is up for a good debate. After all, at this point anything is possible until they catch the person who did it.

Looking at the obits, I thought Taylor lived with her grandparents, but called them Mom and Dad?
Yes, evidently they considered themselves Mom and Dad. There is also no mention of the mother or father which I found very odd. I noticed she has the names of the other grandparents and their name. The Plackers are the father's parents evidently.

That's a very detailed sketch, I'm sure someone local can identify this man or if he's an innocent witness he may come forward himself.

According to LE and Ms Brown, the angels were murdered where they stood.

That doesn't mean they didn't turn away from him and start to walk or run when he asked them to get in his truck, or maybe said to them, "i'll ride you home."
Murdered where they stood just means that they were shot and killed where they were standing and found, and were not killed in another location and dropped off in the ditch. A grown man could easily make two girls who are walking away STOP in their tracks and stand there by pulling a gun on them.

I don't know, but I will stick with a "thrill kill" or an abduction gone wrong until some other evidence leaks that leads me away from that theory.

That doesn't mean they didn't turn away from him and start to walk or run when he asked them to get in his truck, or maybe said to them, "i'll ride you home."
Murdered where they stood just means that they were shot and killed where they were standing and found, and were not killed in another location and dropped off in the ditch. A grown man could easily make two girls who are walking away STOP in their tracks and stand there by pulling a gun on them.

I don't know, but I will stick with a "thrill kill" or an abduction gone wrong until some other evidence leaks that leads me away from that theory.

They were shot multiple times into the front of their bodies. They were faced with their shooter. One shooter doing both girls? I disagree. Both were found within feet of each other. No one ran. They never had a chance. IMVHO and from what hs been shared from LE.

maybe he was standing "watch" by the truck

This sketch is so detailed, the witness must have seen him pretty close up. But never actually saw the girls either walking or lying by the side of the road?
That is possible, too. I find it odd he would be kind of blocking the road tho. I would think if they drove around him...they would have been able to see more of what he was doing. First, I heard that he was beside the truck with the door opened (IIRC) and next heard that he was standing in front of the truck.

Wow, I have missed alot but unfortunately I had to work. I am so happy they have such a detailed sketch of the poi. IMO there is no way he won't be identified soon if he is local.

Okay, I realise this has probably nothing to do with anything, but I find it curious. I also thought I would take a break from trying to figure out timelines, guns, and witnesses.

Yes, evidently they considered themselves Mom and Dad. There is also no mention of the mother or father which I found very odd. Maybe they adopted her tho since she has their names.

From the obit:
She was the daughter of Peter and Vicky Placker. Taylor attended Graham School where she was involved in the 4H Club, cheerleading, and was on the Superintendent's Honor Role. She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents Ruby and Carl Paschal, and by her paternal grandparents, Petra and Arvie Placker.

And from Fox News (and elsewhere, I'm sure)

Placker and his wife had custody of Taylor, who called them "mom" and "dad." He said Taylor was a straight-A student who quickly made friends when the family moved to Weleetka from Oklahoma City several years ago.

So the Plackers would seem to be not her biological grandparents as both sets are listed as deceased. But Taylor did have both sets of the deceased grandparents' names.

So, in the absence of any other speculation on the POI/witness, who were Taylor's parents and why did the Plackers move to Weleetka? How old was Taylor when and if she were adopted?

Again, just because they were found close to one another and shot in the front doesn't mean they weren't walking AWAY from some creep who was trying to get them in his truck. As far as multiple guns, it is a rural area and I'm sure many people own more than one type of gun, and maybe even carry them in their truck.
I could be completely wrong, but I can see a pedo driving around just waiting to see someone who triggers that need in them. Spots the girls, and decides, This is it.
When his plan is foiled, by witnesses driving by or foiled by the girls he gets enraged, and kills them on the spot. Unloaded one gun in them then gets another to make sure they won't talk? Maybe he's been in jail for this type of crime before and doesn't want to go back.
There is also a strong possibility it is two unsubs who are the killers and both were driving around together on the same mission. They are very close friends or even relatives.
We'll see.

I don't think the murders were drug related at all.

I mean, whoever did this...had to do it quick. They were on the side of the road in daylight with the potential for any number of other vehicles to come passing by. Not exactly the ideal spot for the slaying of two people.

I had a question though...I read/heard that the girls were found in a ditch but it didn't seem like there would be a ditch right there by the side of the road. How close to the actual road were they found and is this a dirt or paved road?

Taylor evidently was Peter and Vicky's son's daughter. The other grandparents (Paschals) listed are probably the other grands and the other Plackers are the greatgrands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee