694 users online (83 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Michelle Erickson, 36, Salt Lake City, June 2008

Michelle had gone shopping at Walmart on Monday night. She left groceries sitting out and left all her belongings behind. Her and her car are missing:

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/loc...2-52fdf0569ae7

Friends and family members frantically post “Missing Person” flyers across the Salt Lake County in hopes to find a 36-year-old woman who hasn’t been seen in 6 days.

Michelle Erickson, a 36-year-old single mother of two was last heard from on Monday. Family members say Erickson is very responsible and would never leave without telling someone. (more at link)

Her credit cards and ATM card have not been used since the trip to Walmart:

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...8-041016af635e

(snips)
    Family and friends say 36-year-old Michelle Erickson was last seen on Monday at the Wal-Mart on Fot. Union Blvd. She went inside, bought a few items, took them back to her apartment and then disappeared

Relatives also said they find it strange that Erickson's ATM and credit card have not been used since last Monday

Thanks for posting this SQ. I saw a brief mention of her case at www.sltrib.com this morning, but they didn't have many details, nor a picture of her.

I hope she is found safe and soon.

I wonder if the Walmart on Ft. Union has surveillance. With the groceries still sitting out, it sounds like someone may have followed her home, or already been there waiting when she got home.
    I hope she's okay.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StillHoping View Post
    Thanks for posting this SQ. I saw a brief mention of her case at www.sltrib.com this morning, but they didn't have many details, nor a picture of her.

I hope she is found safe and soon.

I wonder if the Walmart on Ft. Union has surveillance. With the groceries still sitting out, it sounds like someone may have followed her home, or already been there waiting when she got home.
    I hope she's okay.
    I'm pretty sure all Walmarts, in Utah anyways, have surveillance. I hope so. It would be a good place to start looking.

Have you seen any updates on this case? I didn't see anything in SLTrib today, but I haven't had the chance to look elsewhere yet.

I'm still reeling from the details of the Richardson, TX murder which is very close to home (or my current home).
    There is always HOPE!!!

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700235424,00.html
    Alot more info here.

Some Key points:
    The perishable groceries were in the fridge but the non-perishable items were still left out. No signs of forced entry.

The missing persons report wasn't placed right away as it was thought Michelle may have decided at the last minutes to join her children and her parents on a trip to Lake Powell.

Michelle's hair was chin length with red and blonde highlights when she was last seen.
    There is always HOPE!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9601916

Different picture, she looks EXTREMELY different in this picture than the other one with blonde hair.
    There is always HOPE!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9601916

Different picture, she looks EXTREMELY different in this picture than the other one with blonde hair.
    She sure does. I wonder if she had been dating anyone or had broken up with anyone recently?

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700235424,00.html
    Alot more info here.

Some Key points:
    The perishable groceries were in the fridge but the non-perishable items were still left out. No signs of forced entry.

The missing persons report wasn't placed right away as it was thought Michelle may have decided at the last minutes to join her children and her parents on a trip to Lake Powell.

Michelle's hair was chin length with red and blonde highlights when she was last seen.
    I wish they would state if her purse, wallet or cell phone was left behind.

I hate when past depression is brought up. It's so detremental to a missing person case. It's not like having a mental illness protects you from having a crime commited against you. Or that you would go kill yourself. I'm so touchy about this that I told my adult daughter that if I ever go missing she needs to pound it into the detectives head that despite having a history of depression I said I would never ever voluntarily leave...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post

I hate when past depression is brought up. It's so detremental to a missing person case. It's not like having a mental illness protects you from having a crime commited against you. Or that you would go kill yourself. I'm so touchy about this that I told my adult daughter that if I ever go missing she needs to pound it into the detectives head that despite having a history of depression I said I would never ever voluntarily leave...ever.

LE say that they don't suspect any foul play They always say that and then the person is found dead because LE didn't take the person's missing seriously!

ITA, it was said she hasn't had problems with depression in 7 years, so though it's possible, I doubt that is what happened here.

My mother and I have also talked about if one of us were to go missing. And we have both sworn up and down that we would ALWAYS contact each other if we needed to go away for some reason. Whether the police would be convinced or not, at least WE would be CERTAIN that it wasn't a voluntary disappearance.
    There is always HOPE!!!

She sure does. I wonder if she had been dating anyone or had broken up with anyone recently?
    I don't recall that the articles I've read gave a time frame, but she was divorced. The article said that they were on good terms though.
    As far as a b/f, I haven't seen anything yet. I'm disappointed that SLTrib has not done much to cover this.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    LE say that they don't suspect any foul play They always say that and then the person is found dead because LE didn't take the person's missing seriously!
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. It get's really frustrating. IMO, with her groceries being left out, and no use of her cell phone or Credit Cards, I find it doubtful that she just up and left, especially since there are no reported problems with anyone in her life.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It get's really frustrating. IMO, with her groceries being left out, and no use of her cell phone or Credit Cards, I find it doubtful that she just up and left, especially since there are no reported problems with anyone in her life.
    IMO, if the family thinks there is something wrong, there is something wrong.

I was just watching the 10PM news on KUTV... they are now saying her card was used after going to Wal Mart... up until the next day at a gas station in Idaho and an ATM. But, they did not say if it was her using it, just that there was a withdrawl made (PIN would have been required). Also, the cops took her computer today.

You can find the video on the main page.

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/default.aspx

Sad part, police will not file an endagered person advisory.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast