Chocolate Covered Bacon

Reaction score
Words fail me.

3202.jpg

And if that don't count as Bizarre and Off-Beat, I don't know what does...

Whose is it? i see . . . . rini's famous choc. covered bacon.

who makes it? where can it be found?

is it selling? and to whom?

is there a story attached?

i'm all agog! :)

Whose is it? i see . . . . rini's famous choc. covered bacon.

who makes it? where can it be found?

is it selling? and to whom?

is there a story attached?

i'm all agog! :)

I found the pic on a humor site I goto, called eatliver.com. No story just the pic. I googled it and found a bunch of recipes and stuff. I was shocked at the price = $17/lb. :eek:

I googled some more: The pic is from Marini's Candies in Santa Cruz, CA.

I'm thinking of trying some. How hard could it be to make? Hmm. Bacon. Melted chocolate. Probably say Sarris's chocolate, they're the best. Dip bacon in chocolate.

Sounds pretty easy to me. Might want to keep those portable defibrilators handy for the inevitable heart attack.

I found the pic on a humor site I goto, called eatliver.com. No story just the pic. I googled it and found a bunch of recipes and stuff. I was shocked at the price = $17/lb. :eek:

I'm thinking of trying some. How hard could it be to make? Hmm. Bacon. Melted chocolate. Probably say Sarris's chocolate, they're the best. Dip bacon in chocolate.

Sounds pretty easy to me. Might want to keep those portable defibrilators handy for the inevitable heart attack.

Slathered with a drop of maple syrup, i'm sure it would be ingested a treat! :Banane12::Banane12::Banane12:

We have a store here that sells mainly liquor but lots of imported and unique foods. Last Christmas my brother received bacon chocolate. Not quite chocolate covered bacon, it was a bar of chocolate with real bacon pieces in the bar. I didn't try it, but he swears it was the best chocolate! Did not sound too good to me!:sick:

I love chili chocolate! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I love chocolate covered potato chips! I don't know about bacon though, but I would try it!

It sounds like it would taste absolutely foul. Gag!

It's probably got that taste mixture of sweet and salty like the chocolate covered pretzels. I'd try it, I love that combo. I'd make sure my husband had the defibrillator handy.

It is delicious. My daughter in law made a batch. The bacon was very thin and well drained then she cut the bacon strips up where they were about 2-3 inches long and poured the chocolate (some white choc and some with dark choc) over it and let them set up.

It tastes very much like the chocolate dipped pretzels yet it is very crispy and quite yummy.

Not something we need to eat everyday but it is a very good party item to have. When C made hers it was the first thing to be eaten all up. We all liked it and wanted more. lol

imoo

I'd try it..lol!

When I visit my best friend, I go to a donut shop in Portland, Or called Voodoo Dounut and they have a maple bar with bacon. It was a best seller and sooooo yummy! I saw it first on the food network with the guys that travels around to different places, I foret the name. They have a website. There are tons of weird combos there, oh and a nasty shaped one..lol!

eeewwww, just eeeewwwww

I can not imagine these two flavors together, as much as I like each of them alone.....

Can you use turkey bacon?

:crazy:

We have a great local chocolate shop that covers grapes in chocolate once in a while. EWW. Some things just don't go together, IMO!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back