The amazing recovery of the baby boy born half the size of his twin sister

Wow he was really small, and now he looks a little bigger than her.

They are both so cute...I am ashamed to say, though, that when I saw the top picture of James as he is now, Stewie from "Family Guy" popped into my head.

This story brought a tear of happiness for these parents to my eye.

I had Beautiful Identical Twin boys myself December 2005.

They also had the problem these Twins did, It was called TTTS Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome. One was getting more nutrients than the other. The longer it you carry them the more of a difference in size can delvelope. It also produces an excess amount of ammniotic fluid, My twins were born with one weighing 1 lb and the other just over 1 lb, the TTTS hadnt had time to create such a difference in them yet. I was in the hospital for a month ( being drained of ammniotic fluid and trying to prevent premature delivery)

Sadly them were just born too soon and may my beautiful angels RIP Kelley James and Jacob Clarence 12-5-05

It was nice to see a story with a happy ending

They also had the problem these Twins did, It was called TTTS Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome. One was getting more nutrients than the other. The longer it you carry them the more of a difference in size can delvelope. It also produces an excess amount of ammniotic fluid, My twins were born with one weighing 1 lb and the other just over 1 lb, the TTTS hadnt had time to create such a difference in them yet. I was in the hospital for a month ( being drained of ammniotic fluid and trying to prevent premature delivery)

Sadly them were just born too soon and may my beautiful angels RIP Kelley James and Jacob Clarence 12-5-05

I'm so sad you lost Kelley James and Jacob Clarence. :blowkiss:

Phenolrod,

My heart goes out to you. I truly understand what you went through because I lost my sweet boys to TTTS on 12-02-87. Cecil weighed 1 lb 5 oz. and Thomas weighed 1 lb. I was also in the hospital being drained of amniotic fluid but the premature birth caused the death of my identical twins on the day they were born.

There is now laser surgery done to the veins in the placenta that helps many twins suffering from TTTS to survive but it was not available at the time.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your little James and Jacob Clarence. I know you love them dearly and miss them terribly.

It does my heart good to see these twins survive. They were very lucky!

Thanks you guys, My heart goes out to you too Deb....My Boys were 1 lb 2 oz and 1lb 8 oz and they were just perfect so beautiful just born to soon... But I believe God needed them more than I did and they are with him.....in a much better place than this world and I will see them again

Thanks you guys, My heart goes out to you too Deb....My Boys were 1 lb 2 oz and 1lb 8 oz and they were just perfect so beautiful just born to soon... But I believe God needed them more than I did and they are with him.....in a much better place than this world and I will see them again

I am very late to this discussion but I am so sorry about your loss of two little boys. I know they live on in your heart always.
God bless you!
:blowkiss:
Maria

Phenolrod,

My heart goes out to you. I truly understand what you went through because I lost my sweet boys to TTTS on 12-02-87. Cecil weighed 1 lb 5 oz. and Thomas weighed 1 lb. I was also in the hospital being drained of amniotic fluid but the premature birth caused the death of my identical twins on the day they were born.

There is now laser surgery done to the veins in the placenta that helps many twins suffering from TTTS to survive but it was not available at the time.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your little James and Jacob Clarence. I know you love them dearly and miss them terribly.

Oh my gosh! Deb I had no idea you have twins in heaven too. I had thought this syndrome was really rare. I guess not.
I know you will always remember your precious babies. I am so very sorry for your loss too.
God bless!
Maria

I just now saw this thread, and want to offer hugs to SewingDeb and phenolred. Such a sad loss for both of you, your perfect tiny twin babies. Both of you are such kind, wise, and patient posters. Love to both of you. ~Truly

Little Harriet looks permanently surprised, doesn't she? And James looks......almost too wise for his age.

'He was so used to struggling in my womb for survival.

'He just went from strength to strength.'

Going from strength to strength. What a wonderful thing for his mommy to say.

Oh my gosh! Deb I had no idea you have twins in heaven too. I had thought this syndrome was really rare. I guess not.
I know you will always remember your precious babies. I am so very sorry for your loss too.
God bless!
Maria

Maria,

It is very rare, but not all that rare among identical twin pregnancies. Most doctors never see a case.

Thank you. It has been almost 21 years but I will never completely get over the loss of my boys. Many are now being saved with laser surgery to the veins in the placenta during the pregnacy but that was not available way back when.

Thank you Truly. You are so sweet to say that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back