Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Problems - 17 June 2008

Email Problems - 17 June 2008

We've been getting feedback that some of you are not getting emails for PMs and new posts.

It appears there is a problem involving AT&T rejecting mail from some sites, including Websleuths. In order to reduce spam, they are rejecting mail coming from sites whose mail server IP is part of a dynamically assigned pool. Our address is, indeed, part of a pool, a very large pool that is assigned to our hosting company. We have asked AT&T to verify that we are legit, but they don't exactly jump to it.

While this is getting fixed, if you think you are not getting email that you should be, check to see if the email address you have on file ends in one of these domains:

AT&T Internet Services:

ameritech.net
    flash.net
    nvbell.net
    pacbell.net
    prodigy.net
    sbcglobal.net
    snet.net
    swbell.net
    wans.net

AT&T Worldnet Services:
    att.net
    bellsouth.net

Yahoo!:
    yahoo.com

If your email address DOES end in one of those domains - like mine does - you'll start getting email again when they fix their problem. If your email address does NOT end in one of those above and you think your mail is not getting through let me know and I'll test things from our end.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

But if we put in a yahoo email addy, we get banned, or did that change?

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    We've been getting feedback that some of you are not getting emails for PMs and new posts.

It appears there is a problem involving AT&T rejecting mail from some sites, including Websleuths. In order to reduce spam, they are rejecting mail coming from sites whose mail server IP is part of a dynamically assigned pool. Our address is, indeed, part of a pool, a very large pool that is assigned to our hosting company. We have asked AT&T to verify that we are legit, but they don't exactly jump to it.

While this is getting fixed, if you think you are not getting email that you should be, check to see if the email address you have on file ends in one of these domains:

AT&T Internet Services:
    ameritech.net
    flash.net
    nvbell.net
    pacbell.net
    prodigy.net
    sbcglobal.net
    snet.net
    swbell.net
    wans.net

AT&T Worldnet Services:
    att.net
    bellsouth.net

Yahoo!:
    yahoo.com

If your email address DOES end in one of those domains - like mine does - you'll start getting email again when they fix their problem. If your email address does NOT end in one of those above and you think your mail is not getting through let me know and I'll test things from our end.
    You are da bomb

Man did you jump on this problem in a hurry, I think I may love you

Quote Originally Posted by Marstan View Post
    But if we put in a yahoo email addy, we get banned, or did that change?
    You are confusing the 'freebie' yahoo and hotmail accts...........also GMail!

Would it help to write AT&T? They are my provider. I admire their attempts to keep us spam-free, but at least Yahoo lets me tell them what is spam and what isn't.

In the meantime, I wish we could use a non-AT&T email (i.e. free) to get our notifications. (Keeping the paid email addy on file, of course.)

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Would it help to write AT&T? They are my provider. I admire their attempts to keep us spam-free, but at least Yahoo lets me tell them what is spam and what isn't.

In the meantime, I wish we could use a non-AT&T email (i.e. free) to get our notifications. (Keeping the paid email addy on file, of course.)

Thanks for the info!
    I commend AT&T powered by Yahoo!

They've kept me from getting more than "spam", they've averted me from getting a dose of a "virus".

That's good, TG. I've been happy with them and haven't had any problems to speak of.

As of about 30 minutes ago it appears the problem has been resolved per a message I got (probably helps that I'm a customer of theirs as well). I sent another test email to my various email accounts and all came through.

They even kind of apologized:

The mail-server IP address(es) associated with your request are NOT
    CURRENTLY BLOCKED from sending mail to any of our servers...ATT.NET and
    BELLSOUTH.NET, its affiliates, and network services customers do NOT
    intentionally block legitimate mail in the course of our anti-spam
    initiatives. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

Adnoid, I thought the problem was on my end and began to wonder what else I wasn't getting. My email addy ends in earthlink.net. I get some PM notifications and email notices for subscribed but not others. This has been going on for a couple of weeks or so if I am not mistaken. Thanks adnoid for working to fix this problem.

As of about 30 minutes ago it appears the problem has been resolved per a message I got (probably helps that I'm a customer of theirs as well). I sent another test email to my various email accounts and all came through.
    I'm still not getting anything from WS, all other sites okay so far. I haven't gotten a reply from AT&T yet, but my connection was down for a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    I'm still not getting anything from WS, all other sites okay so far. I haven't gotten a reply from AT&T yet, but my connection was down for a spell
    I just checked again and...it's blocked again. So I've restarted the process.

Sigh...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

WHAT ?!!? we get banned if we put in a gmail address?
    Because what happens when I move if I don't have an ISP yet?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    You can log into your account here at WS from anywhere, as long as you remember your password.

If you move and change your addy you can change the info. on your User CP column.

Trying to sign up as a new member with a 'freebie' email addy doesn't fly, but you won't be re-joining, just logging in.

We want those.

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    Once you're a member it's OK.

The problem is that the free email accounts are sources of spammers. If someone wants to join and all they have is a free email account and absolutely cannot get access to a real one we can put them in manually after an interview.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

Well, shoot. I just went to change my email addy here to my yahoo (free) addy and I got this message:
    vBulletin Message
    The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Well, shoot. I just went to change my email addy here to my yahoo (free) addy and I got this message:
    vBulletin Message
    The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here

We'll need to change it for you - your sbc account is still in there.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

Oh, thanks, adnoid! What do I need to do?

I am requesting one of those interviews that would allow me to use an email addy other than a paid one. You will only be able to reach me by the personal message on here. I will explain in interview. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TinPan View Post
    I am requesting one of those interviews that would allow me to use an email addy other than a paid one. You will only be able to reach me by the personal message on here. I will explain in interview. Thank you!

Hi Tin Pan,
    Can you please explain the 'interview' that you are speaking of? I had an entirely different, yet similar experience, and would like to see is your post will help me out. TIA

OK, as of tonight I got another personalized response and it's working based on my tests.

Those of you that contacted me about problems with other email addresses, I'll get to you ASAP.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

OK, as of tonight I got another personalized response and it's working based on my tests.

Those of you that contacted me about problems with other email addresses, I'll get to you ASAP.
    Been working for me just fine since yesterday morning. I got a long azz reply from them yesteday also

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    No e-mail problem, but didn't want to start a new thread for this problem.

All of a sudden I can't right click copy, then right click left click paste an immage/picture in my post replies as I've been doing.

Adnoid, anyone, what's wrong or happeneed? As I've not changed and done anything different, now I can't post picturs by copying and pasting?

TIA, so much.

KL, the copy & paste is done entirely on your computer, it has nothing to do with the site here. Does the right button of your mouse work for other things?

Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    No e-mail problem, but didn't want to start a new thread for this problem.

All of a sudden I can't right click copy, then right click left click paste an immage/picture in my post replies as I've been doing.

Adnoid, anyone, what's wrong or happeneed? As I've not changed and done anything different, now I can't post picturs by copying and pasting?

TIA, so much.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    KL, the copy & paste is done entirely on your computer, it has nothing to do with the site here. Does the right button of your mouse work for other things?
    Oh my, good question. Ya know, I did notice a couple days back the mouse acting wacky and I wondered if it was time for a new one. So I started pounding it up and down, and Viola, fixed mouse, ummmmm, I think. Let me go see. Dunno, I can see while testin the good ole stick and freeze of my screen is workin just fine.

Let me continue to check it out. Thanks. So in other words, administrators or myself haven't changed settings, etc... dang it, I had such a darlin pic for the prayer thread. Thanks sweetie.

Re: Email Problems - 17 June 2008

Hey adnoid,

I'm newbie and I have still the problem. I can't receive any posts or messages from the site. Some of the posts and messages are not received by me because of some problem. I have tried all the tricks but there is no result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast