764 users online (112 members and 652 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Diana Windowmaker, 11, Lansing, 17 June 2008

Amber Alert Issued For Lansing-Area Girl, 11

An Amber Alert has been issued Tuesday for an 11-year-old Lansing-area girl. Police said they believe Diana Rose Windowmaker is in "extreme danger."

She was last seen leaving the 700 block of West Maple Street in Lansing Tuesday morning. Police said she was abducted by a man traveling on foot.

Windowmaker is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall, weighing 90 pounds and has brown eyes and brown hair. Her family said she has a noticeable burn scar above her right eye.

More at link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25218141/

Thanks to Damon at Weather Underground for this. Contrary to the other article, the rest I have seen say she is 10, not 11. http://www.wunderground.com/blog/AmberAlerts/show.html

Missing From
    : Lansing, Michigan
    Issued For: Michigan -- Statewide

Contact: If you have information, please contact the Lansing Police Department at (517) 483-4600 or call 911.

Circumstances: The Lansing Police Department is investigating an incident of an endangered missing child last seen in the area of 730 West Maple Street, the Mid-Michigan Academy, in Lansing, Michigan. The child was last seen at 3:35PM on 17 June 2008 and is believed to be in extreme danger

VICTIM #1
    Name: Dianna Rose Windowmaker
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color:
    Height: 5 Feet 1 Inch
    Weight: 90 Pounds
    Description: Wearing a pink jacket, blue jean skirt, black stretch pants; has a burn scar above her right eye

SUSPECT #1
    Name: Unknown
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Skin Color:
    Height: 6 Feet 0 Inches
    Weight:
    Description: Wearing a black tshirt, blue jeans, black 'do rag' under a black ball cap

Thanks for posting!! I really hope Dianna is found safely, and soon.
    Last edited by Damon; 06-18-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Hope she is found safe & quickly. On another note there seem to be a lot of amber alerts this week what's going on??

Quote Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
    Hope she is found safe & quickly. On another note there seem to be a lot of amber alerts this week what's going on??
    Pretty sure this is the 14th Amber Alert in June alone. And we're only 17 days in. There's been an explosion this month.

Anyone hear any updates? I can't find anything. Praying for her safe return.

The number of AMER Alerts this month is very sad.. and VERY disturbing. It doesn't even take into account the number of non-AMBER abductions that have also occurred.

I haven't seen any updates on Dianna's welfare either

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8516080

18 June 2008

Michigan State Police have issued an Amber Alert for an 10-year-old girl from Lansing.

Diana Rose Windowmaker was last seen around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the area of 730 W. Maple Street near the Mid Michigan Academy.

She is a black female, 5'1" tall, weighs 90 pounds, and has brown eyes, black hair and a burn scar below her right eye. She was wearing a pink jacket, blue jean skirt, and black stretch pants.

Police believe she is in extreme danger after being abducted by a man who has a criminal history of harming children, sexual assault, domestic assault, or is suicidal. He is described as a black man, aged 40, 6-feet tall, and last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans, and a black doo rag under a black ball cap.

You are asked to call the Lansing Police Department at (517) 483-4600 if you know anything about this incident.

photo

(Bolding is mine.)

It frustrates me when we see a reports in the news of serious crime and children in danger, yet only a bare bones account of what happened.

Why would someone want to make a career as a reporter if they aren't driven to ask questions and gather information? In the case of an abducted child, there are plenty of people with information, even if the cops don't give many details in the press release.

He was on foot when he was seen taking her, but does he have access to a vehicle? What kind?

Is this man known to her friends or family, or was this a stranger abduction?

If they know the name of the suspect, why not speak with his neighbors or family members, or better yet, talk to someone he has victimized in the past. With his list of past crimes, there should be someone else who wants to see him caught and is willing to talk!

I can't imagine seeing a man abduct a child right in front of me and not following to see where he takes her. He can't have been moving very fast, dragging a terrified 10 year old with him. If he did not have a vehicle nearby, how far away could he get before someone raised the alarm?

Why aren't we hearing from witnesses or her loved ones? This is someone's little girl!

Susan

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Good questions TGIRecovered.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    It frustrates me when we see a reports in the news of serious crime and children in danger, yet only a bare bones account of what happened.

Why would someone want to make a career as a reporter if they aren't driven to ask questions and gather information? In the case of an abducted child, there are plenty of people with information, even if the cops don't give many details in the press release.

He was on foot when he was seen taking her, but does he have access to a vehicle? What kind?

Is this man known to her friends or family, or was this a stranger abduction?

If they know the name of the suspect, why not speak with his neighbors or family members, or better yet, talk to someone he has victimized in the past. With his list of past crimes, there should be someone else who wants to see him caught and is willing to talk!

I can't imagine seeing a man abduct a child right in front of me and not following to see where he takes her. He can't have been moving very fast, dragging a terrified 10 year old with him. If he did not have a vehicle nearby, how far away could he get before someone raised the alarm?

Why aren't we hearing from witnesses or her loved ones? This is someone's little girl!

Susan

I agree, and if they know this man has a criminal history why are his pictures not all over the place? Sounds to me like they know who he is.

This is the first I've heard that they have some idea who he is. Unless the police are just saying that to highten the awareness and they really don't have any idea. But if they do, his name and photo should be EVERYWHERE.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Idaho4Groenes,

I'm with you. I don't understand why his name and photo are not being shown! That's common sense in a case like this.

It does sound like they know exactly who he is and his criminal record. At least show his mugshot.

Missing Lansing girl found unhurt

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS06/80618021

Updated at 12:30 p.m.

Lansing police say they have found 10-year-old Diana Rose Windowmaker. She appears uninjured.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS06/80618021

Updated at 12:30 p.m.

Lansing police say they have found 10-year-old Diana Rose Windowmaker. She appears uninjured.

Thank goodness!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast