UK UK - Maureen Hale, 42, Thames Ditton, 22 June 1999

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Police dig up millionaire's garden after he is arrested over murder of wife who vanished nine years ago

Police were today set to dig up the garden of a millionaire businessman arrested over the murder of his wife who disappeared nine years ago.
Martin Hale, 51, a fruit and vegetable wholesaler, was held at his £1 million home in Thames Ditton, Surrey.
The breakthrough in the case of Maureen Hale, who vanished in June 1999, is believed to be linked to an alleged mortgage fraud.
It is thought Mr Hale re-mortgaged their home, filling out an application form using his wife's name.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-arrested-murder-wife-vanished-years-ago.html

He said she left the family home at 10pm on 22 June 1999 without saying where she was going or when she would be back.

right — and left her 4 young children (and beloved cats) without a by your leave? uh huh . . .

another man arrested then released without charge, the police haven't let it rest, thank goodness.

the now grown children have always questioned why their mother would walk away. Martin Hale has now been arrested on suspicion of murder and suspicion of mortgage fraud.

That's very interesting. Just up and walked off - right. I'm going to see if I can find more info on this. Wonder if she's in the garden?

That's very interesting. Just up and walked off - right. I'm going to see if I can find more info on this. Wonder if she's in the garden?

It seems to be what L.E. believes. :furious:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5600764.ece

snippet below
A wealthy businessman offered £20,000 to hire an oven at a pet crematorium a month after his wife disappeared, a court was told yesterday.

Martin Hale, 51, is alleged to have spent weeks wrestling with the problem of how to dispose of the body of his wife, Maureen, after killing her in a row about their failing marriage.

Police found a note that they believe shows his list of options for the disposal of her remains. It read: “1, at sea. 2, by fire. 3, by acid. 4, land site.”

If he has done anything wrong, he should come clean for the sake of their children at least. They should be almost grown up by know. What a nightmare for them...

:eek::eek::eek: What a pig! Yes she was having affairs, but he was an alcoholic! So get a divorce, don't kill her!!!:behindbar There is no innocent explanation for trying to "rent" a crematorium. If she had run away, wouldn't there be activity on her credit cards??? And he does it with all the children in the house!:eek::eek::eek:

I've been going through threads and posting updates, old article from Feb. Maureen has never been found...

Article dated: Feb. 16, 2009

Millionaire businessman Martin Hale not guilty of wife's murder

Mr Hale was accused of killing Maureen, 42, who disappeared from the family home in Thames Ditton in 1999, shortly after she had asked for a divorce. He was acquitted by a jury after just 90 minutes deliberation, following a three-week trial at Kingston Crown Court.

Despite extensive police searches, his wife's body was never discovered. Detectives reviewing the case gathered circumstantial evidence and the Crown Prosecution Service pressed charges against the 51-year-old husband last year.

I was doing a bit of snooping and found the companies house record for his business.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03312148/officers

I noticed Maureen "resigned" on 30 April 2001, 2 years after she went missing. Not that this implies anything as I'm sure a director of the company can "resign" someone, I just thought it was interesting.

Does anyone know if they have published further details of the case files anywhere for this one (sorry if that's a silly question but new to this) as I recall seeing an article a few months back and one of the paragraphs is bothering me - but being a newspaper report I don't know how accurate the detail was and I can't find it now. Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back