1064 users online (214 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Disabled armed robber made his escape on a zimmer frame

Which just goes to show some crims never give up! a Walker is a Zimmer Frame.

Jailed: Disabled armed robber who held up two shops before getting caught trying to escape on his zimmer frame

A disabled armed robber who held up two shops was caught as he made his escape on a zimmer frame, a court heard.
    Kevin Staples, 59, was detained by a security guard as he slowly shuffled away from one of the stores he held up.
    He had hobbled up to the counter at the gift shop Past Times, produced a 12-inch bread knife and demanded the cashier empty the till.
    Staples, who suffers from severe arthritis, back problems and needs a hip replacement, then tried to lunge towards the till.
    But when the shop assistant shouted at him he carefully put the weapon in a bag hanging on his zimmer frame before hobbling out.
    The slow-moving robber was caught by bemused security guards before he could limp out of the shopping centre in Crawley, West Sussex.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mer-frame.html

Well he won't have to worry about living expenses for a while and i wonder if this was what was behind it?

I read this yesterday Floh.....the stupidity of some criminals never ceases to amaze me

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    I read this yesterday Floh.....the stupidity of some criminals never ceases to amaze me
    I think he did it for bed and board.

That would not surprise me either Floh. I read a story a few weeks ago but cant remember where, how some prisoners here offered release under the "early release scheme" actually refused as they were happier IN jail where they had more drugs and comforts that they would have on the outside.