Mother hangs herself after three-year feud with neighbour

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
This is such a waste. i wish people could shut off other's comments and let them fly over their head. :(

A mother hanged herself after becoming depressed following constant rows with her next-door neighbour, an inquest heard yesterday.
Home carer Jane Bradley, 36, endured a three-year verbal feud over the garden fence before finally taking her own life.
Family and friends put the falling-out down to jealousy on behalf of the neighbour whom they accused of lying and spreading malicious gossip about the popular mother-of-two.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027171/Mother-hangs-year-feud-neighbour.html

I have no doubt this isn't yet over. :(

Depression, anxiety and obsession are an Unholy Trinity. If it made sense they wouldn't call it mental illness.

Prayers for her and her family.

Not to speak badly about the victim, but the abuse she was receiving must have been pretty gruesome if she didn't stop to think about leaving her children without a mother.

ETA: And honestly, if I were her, I wouldn't dare give the neighbour the satisfaction of killing myself.

While I agree the neighbor was rude and obnoxious with her comments .. I don't believe they caused this women to kill herself.
If it was not this then it would have been something else that pushed her over the edge.
I firmly believe that someone who kills themselves is responsible for that action themselves.

Tragic I agree this is not the last of this case. She should be charged with harassment or something. This poor woman risked facing her harasser every time she went outside. I see this case as very similar to the internet suicide case.

Ugh, I cannot imagine giving the troll neighbors the happiness that killing myself would bring them.
I would live forever just to piss them off!

I too have horrible crackhead trashy neighbors from hell, so I totally understand the craziness this poor lady went through. It is hard especially when you have kids you need to protect from the language and the actions.

Here in the US, there is little action that can be taken (legally) to make the harassment stop. Big fences and no tresspassing signs are the best bet along with a mean dog and I have a huge log of incidents that have occured with the crack-ho. Along with 2 videos of them stealing stuff and trying to tear down our fence. I even posted the last one on Youtube because she was "high" out of her mind. It was hilarious!

While I agree the neighbor was rude and obnoxious with her comments .. I don't believe they caused this women to kill herself.
If it was not this then it would have been something else that pushed her over the edge.
I firmly believe that someone who kills themselves is responsible for that action themselves.

What Amraann said. :(

Tragic I agree this is not the last of this case. She should be charged with harassment or something. This poor woman risked facing her harasser every time she went outside. I see this case as very similar to the internet suicide case.

I think the internet cases differs in that it was an adult emotionally torturing a child.

In this case this women was obsessive about what her neighbor was saying and really nothing that was relayed in the article seemed all that bad.
Annoying?? Yes! but nothing that terrible.

If I was walking outside in my nightgown and my neighbor had the nerve to say ... "its about time you got dressed"
I would tell said neighbor to go F themselves and not think twice about it all after.
Part of me is also wondering if the neighbor did not mean the comments as they were taken.
Like maybe since they had been friends it was her off color way of joking??
I think we all know someone who jokes like that.
But even if the comments were meant to be malicious it was not all that awful. I mean so what if the neighbor said that Ms. Bradley was copying her?

That's the b*tch about mental illness. It doesn't make sense.

While the neighbor was undoubtedly the cause, she is not responsible for the dead woman's actions.

While suicide seems ludicrous in this case, people have killed themselves over less.

I agree with those of you that say that Jane Bradley was responsible for her own actions. She is responsible for not seeking care, for taking her own life and for depriving her children of their mother.

But I would emphatically argue for "diminished capacity", to use the lawyer term. With depression, your mind is not thinking clearly. Your perceptions and interpretations are skewed.

Like I said, if it made sense they wouldn't call it mental illness.

And just to clarify, I don't think the neighbor should be charged or prosecuted civilly or criminally. Being an *advertiser censored**hole is not illegal.

I feel bad for the woman who suffered with the harrasment and the family and friends she left behind. I have known people who take delight in saying hateful things, I always look at it as they have a lot of issues with themselves and they have to make others feel bad so they can feel better. I think the neighbor knew this woman was vulnerable and thats why she targeted her instead of someone else. Like the school bully who knows just which kid to pick on, they don't pick on the self assured kid who can stand up for himself.

VB

Depression, anxiety and obsession are an Unholy Trinity. If it made sense they wouldn't call it mental illness.

Prayers for her and her family.

I agree - everything you said Xcom.

Prayers for this family,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members