955 users online (189 members and 766 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - William Benitez, 17, Rockingham County, 18 June 2008

Amber Alert issued for 17-year-old

State authorities have issued an Amber Alert for a 17-year-old from Rockingham County, who is believed to have been abducted by force.

William Alexander Benitez is Hispanic, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, and weighs about 162 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and was last seen wearing a blue-striped shirt and jeans.

Authorities are searching for Antonio Granado, 18. Granado is described as Hispanic, with brown hair and eyes, 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing 138 pounds.

[snip]

The two were last seen in a black Honda Civic with Texas license plate DPX-090. The car was later found wrecked and abandoned in a parking lot in Guilford County, Venable said.

Authorities now believe the teen and his alleged abductor are traveling in either a light-colored Honda Accord or red vehicle, unknown make and model. Venable said they could be traveling with other people.

The two were last seen traveling on U.S. Highway 220 South and could be headed to Houston.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3066110/

Thanks again to Damon at Weather Underground for this!!
    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/AmberAlerts/show.html

Missing From
    : Madison, North Carolina
    Issued For: North Carolina -- Statewide

Contact: If you have information, please contact the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office at (336) 634-3030 or call 911.

Circumstances: William Alexander Benitez is a 17-year-old Hispanic male, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing 162 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. Benetiz was last seen wearing a blue striped shirt and jeans. Benetiz was abducted by force.

The abductor is allegedly Antonio Dejesus Granado. Antonio Dejesus Granado is described as an 18-year-old, Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 138 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. The initial vehicle (a Honda) was wrecked and found abandoned. Granado is believed to be driving a red vehicle, unknown make and model.

William Allen Benitez was abducted from 151 Stephanie Lane, Madison, North Carolina, at about 1:00PM EDT on 18 June 2008. Victim and abductors were last seen traveling on US 220 South. They are believed to be headed to Houston, Texas

VICTIM #1
    Name: William Alexander Benitez
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Hispanic
    Height: 5 Feet 7 Inches
    Weight: 162 Pounds
    Description: Wearing a blue striped shirt and jeans

SUSPECT #1
    Name: Antonio Dejesus Granados
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Hispanic
    Height: 5Feet 6 Inches
    Weight: 138 Pounds
    Description:

VEHICLE INFORMATION
    Make:
    Model:
    Year:
    Color: Red
    License State:
    License Text:
    Vehicle Description:

I4G, this is one of the worst months in over three years for the number of Amber Alerts issued... luckily they have had positive outcomes. Let's hope for the same here!!

Hi Damon. This has seriously been one horrible month. There was one issued in Florida today too. So far, by my count, 15 issued with 15 safe recoveries. I'm with you in hoping this one has the same outcome.

Yep, I was out and about when the EAS message came across for the one here in Florida, and my cell phone received it about five minutes later.. but luckily that one came down quickly. This is insanity. Thanks so much for getting the word out with so many of them.

Slightly more info added to the link in my first post:

Dean Venable, a spokesman for the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office spokesman said two carloads of people forced their way into Benitez's Madison home at about 1 a.m. Wednesday, taking a knife from the kitchen and some money and other belongings from the home. An Amber Alert issued earlier by the Department of Crime Control and Public Safety said the alleged abduction happened at about 1 p.m.

After threatening a few other people in the home with the knife, they took Benitez and fled in their vehicles, Venable said.

This one sounds scary. I hope they find him safe. TWO CARLOADS OF PEOPLE! Jeez, someone's gotta know something.

This sounds bad. I hope he's safe.

UPDATE: Missing Teen Search Continues, Clues Found In Abductors Car

The search for 17 year old William Benitez now spans from North Carolina to Texas where police believe the abductors are headed.

[snip]

"We saw a car pass the center line. And I blacked out. The next thing I know I had an airbag in my face and I'm screaming for help trying to get out," said Simpson. Wednesday morning, a car hit Simpson and her boyfriend Dave Roberts head on. By afternoon the two became crucial witnesses to a home invasion, kidnapping and getaway. "I saw a guy get out of a car," said Simpson. "He got out of the car and started screaming something at the drivers window. And then I saw him run to the car in front of him and then he took off," she said.

[snip]

Deputies towed the damaged Civic to the impound lot and found many clues that could help locate Benitez. Investigators found a suitcase full with clothes, pictures and pay stubs. They tied those, plus the car tags to their main suspect, 18 year old Antonio Granado.

[snip]

At this point police will not say whether Benitez is related to his abductors, but police consider him in serious harm.

More: http://www.digtriad.com/news/most_po...6&provider=top

I wish there was better news in this case

Agreed, Damon. Still hoping for good news in this one.

Located In Galveston

Good news in this case, William Alexander Benitez has been located safe in Galveston, TX:

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....30629b60.html

Always nice to hear good news in a case like this !!

I'm glad this case had a happy ending.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast