GUILTY VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #2

mmmbrownies, sorry that I assumed you were a woman.
I love men and brownies...just not in that order. :D
I'm going to post some of the confirmed facts on this thread.

Meghan Landowski 16, a sophomore at Woodrow Wilson HS, was found murdered in her home in Portsmouth Va. on April 10, 2008. Portsmouth schools were closed early that day.

Meghan's friends said she was acting nervous, skiddish, odd on that day. She'd wanted a friend to come home with her....her friend was busy.

Meghan borrowed some mac and cheese from a neighbor.

Meghan was found by her step father Christopher Shortt.

http://www.norfolk.com/2008/04/mourners-say-portsmouth-teen%E2%80%99s-smile-spirit-shone-brightly
http://www.mycrimespace.com/2008/05/30/investigators-hope-myspace-will-shed-light-on-teens-murder/
Police are calling Meghan’s case a homicide, and as of late last week officials had not released a cause of death.
Potter assured mourners that authorities are “putting everything that they have into this investigation” and “that justice will be done.”
“Whoever committed this crime should be shaking in their shoes and looking over their shoulder,” he said

http://www.mycrimespace.com/2008/05/30/investigators-hope-myspace-will-shed-light-on-teens-murder/

Naval investigators want to go through the records at MySpace to see Meghan’s private messages and the like.
NCIS is involved because a Navy man is considered a person of interest.

mmmbrownies, sorry that I assumed you were a woman.
I love men and brownies...just not in that order. :D
I'm going to post some of the confirmed facts on this thread.
i always thought women were the choc-o-holics too!! hehehe

hi pedinurse,
My husband is the biggest chocoholic I've ever met. :eek: ;)

Just a reminder to keep the discussion on the case and not each other. Use the "report bad post" button to let a moderator know that a post may be over the line, preferably before ya'll decide to jump in and run this train off the track. sheesh

From the first thread:
http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/....54530a23.html
SNIP
Around 4:00 p.m. Thursday, Meghan Landowski's step-father came home to find her body in their home on Roberts Court W. Her friends at Woodrow Wilson High School are working to cope with the loss, but also say the teen was not her bubbly self hours before her death.
"She was just shaky and asking people to go home with her or to go home with them," said :confused: friend Kristin Clary.

chicagogirl posted this great link. It's a wonderful resourse to all news articles about the case.http://www.wavy.com/Global/SearchResults.asp?vendor=wss&qu=meghan+landowski

The latest local news article I could find.
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/05/police-seek-internet-records-involving-slain-portsmouth-teen
The Virginian-Pilot
May 29, 2008
PORTSMOUTH
Investigators are seeking records of Internet communications involving a 16-year-old girl found dead last month, court documents say.

Here's what I want to know, a 16 year old girl was brutally murdered in her home on May 10, 2008.
Why hasn't the DNA come back yet?

Blink,

Thank you. I have the utmost respect for you and am glad you're here on Meghan's thread with us.

From the beginning, when they said the Navy guy was just a person of interest I thought that he had hired someone to kill Meghan. If it was another person in the military then they could be deployed now. Maybe they're waiting until this person gets back to base.

The only thing that would make me think the Navy guy didn't hire anyone is the brutality of how Meghan was killed. It says to me that whoever did this was very angry with her.

Here's what I want to know, a 16 year old girl was brutally murdered in her home on May 10, 2008.
Why hasn't the DNA come back yet?

That's my question too. Nice job bringing everything over from thread 1, Thanks.

Just a reminder to keep the discussion on the case and not each other. Use the "report bad post" button to let a moderator know that a post may be over the line, preferably before ya'll decide to jump in and run this train off the track. sheesh

My apologies, I saw him attacking a poster and I take this stuff way too personally as it is. Thanks for the reminder and I promise to step away from the keyboard before my next fit:blowkiss:

Blink,

Thank you. I have the utmost respect for you and am glad you're here on Meghan's thread with us.

From the beginning, when they said the Navy guy was just a person of interest I thought that he had hired someone to kill Meghan. If it was another person in the military then they could be deployed now. Maybe they're waiting until this person gets back to base.

The only thing that would make me think the Navy guy didn't hire anyone is the brutality of how Meghan was killed. It says to me that whoever did this was very angry with her.

I wonder if the Navy guy has a teenage son that lost it. He could have been upset about Meghan's testifying against his dad. I think she knew who ever it was and was scarred of them because it was reported she was nervous and wanted her friend to come home with her. I wonder how the friend is holding up. It most likely have been two dead if she had went home with Meghan, but the what if questions will haunt her for life. The only other possibilities I can think of are an angry ex-boyfriend or a internet hookup that went bad. Some of those guys that show up for the dateline stings have knives and such. I don't feel the internet hookup is as likely because she wanted her friend to come home with her.

Spazkat, I wasn't sure how to post this since it came from the first thread. CAgirlatheart posted this (she is a friend of the family):

"The part about Meghan being 'afraid and shaky' as reported by her friends is untrue. She was her usual self when she went to the neighbors house after getting home from school, and called her mom to talk to her about her day. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

I remember reading something that referred to a young man that the media was interviewing where they called him "the supposed boyfriend" or something like that. I'll go back and look for the link. If it was a jilted teenager that could explain the anger.

Spazkat, I wasn't sure how to post this since it came from the first thread. CAgirlatheart posted this (she is a friend of the family):

"The part about Meghan being 'afraid and shaky' as reported by her friends is untrue. She was her usual self when she went to the neighbors house after getting home from school, and called her mom to talk to her about her day. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

That's good for the friend, I guess. I know something like that would haunt me for life. My only question would be why would the friends report it if it was untrue? I wonder if the friend of the family is going on what mom said happened when she taked to Meghan. Maybe she seemed fine to her mom but not to her friends.

CAgirlatheart seemed to think it was just teenage girls looking for their fifteen minutes of fame. You know how dramatic they can be.

I wonder if Meghan confided in them that she was scared but didn't her mother because she didn't want to worry her?

We'll probably never know.

Hi, all. I have been a "guest" lurking on the site since the beginning of the first thread. There have been many times when I bit my tongue over some of the speculations, because I thought maybe it wasn't appropriate to respond.

I knew Meghan. She was a lovely kid. I know her family through mutual circles, and they are really good people. I know that PPD is continuing to work the case, and it's not cold....although I wonder and wonder why we don't see anything in the media any more. That does bother me. I also know the DNA results have been back for quite a while. It kind of bothered me seeing PPD being criticized....I think they work really hard and there must be a reason why it's all so quiet. (No, I have no relationship other than when I have had to call them on one thing or another.)

I just hope they get the freak who did this to a really nice little girl.

Welcome elsie and I am glad you decided to post. I hope they catch the creep that did this. Thank you for giving us a perspective and I am so sorry this happend to that lovely girl.:mad:

although I wonder and wonder why we don't see anything in the media any more. That does bother me.

I'm not sure that lack of media coverage is a bad thing. It does keep the rumors down. Besides that I don't know about her family, but I'm not sure that I'd want anything that happened to me or mine like that in the media all the time.

I know the current perceptions of the Portsmouth Police are founded on their past mistakes and that the current perception of the city in general is founded on it's past. Granted Portsmouth in the past was not the Jewel of Tidewater. The past is just that though, past. Things do change, they do get better and honestly, for anyone that doesn't believe that this city is making headway, come see for yourself, check out Olde Town. The "bad" areas are going away little by little (the notorious J.W. housing is completely empty and boarded up), Mid Town is coming along. The city is trying, and it's working, it's not overnight or anything like that but progress is there and you don't have to look hard to see it. I used to trash talk the city too, but I'm the first to admit I was wrong, the general perception isn't what the place is like. Those that live here with me know what I mean, those that don't come see :) Nice people here, it's not a bad place to live at all.

Oh, I'm not a chocoholic :) I do like to cook though, which is a good thing because if I didn't I would have starved or gone bankrupt when I was single.

I don't mean to sound so critical of PPD but I have seen too much of the past and know too much of their record. It's not that the personnel on the department aren't trying. But think of it this way, I'd love to be a great engineer, the only thing standing in my way is an education and training. PPD is probably putting their best effort into Meghans case, unfortunately they lack the funding to pay for the education and training it takes to work such a case. I want to see justice for Meghan, I know it won't bring her back, but it will get this monster off the street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back