Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here.....anyone else here? Bueller??

Well then!! I'm watching Amityville Horror with the little one..so guess I'll check back later or tomorrow morning!! Show always creeps me out (one made in 1979).

Hopefully someone knows something....but that reward doesn't seem to be worth telling on someone.

Ok I have finally caught up, sorta. The only thing I think I missed was the info given about the ATV's & guys in truck shooting by bridge.

I agree about GP walking in the country where I was raised you walk...

The 911 call timeline is no biggie because of the ?? the operators ask we have all heard 911 tapes people are upset & have to repeat themselves so many times with an address & he had to explain there was no address it was roadside, plus describing the scene..they always ask are they breathing ect. then 911 had to dispatch call to correct dept.

That is just my take on it. When I first heard of case meth was my first reaction. OK has a big rural problem regarding meth. I don't know I am like alot of you here so many unanswered questions.
I feel so bad for these families. God please send them the comfort & stillness of spirit that they so need.

Well then!! I'm watching Amityville Horror with the little one..so guess I'll check back later or tomorrow morning!! Show always creeps me out (one made in 1979).

Hopefully someone knows something....but that reward doesn't seem to be worth telling on someone.

I keep hoping I'll come here and see breaking news on the POI.
:(

In their public statements, OSBI is telling the POI we don't think you were one of the triggermen so we don't want you, we only want the shooters. They must think there were two shooters and the POI.

It also explains why the girls were not found right on the edge of the road where they were probably walking and why it doesn't appear like they tried to run. And it also explains why they dropped where they were shot. They were probably given a killing head shot first while being held. They then must have made sure the girls were lying face up and then unloaded on them.

If this is what happened, there should be enough physical evidence to suggest they have it right.

This is a completely sickening scenario.

What is their motive?

christine2448 said: I emailed OCSD, told them we are sorry for loss, sent them links to all 5 threads, told them understandable the audio not being released, but could they please give us the time the 911 call came......I will update you if I get a response.
I understand asking the question of the timing of the call, but what is the reason to send them the links to our threads? I know I have had to be gone for the past couple of days, but did something occur that warrants their attention? I don't have time to try to figure this out, so could someone please tell me what is going on?! We don't normally send links to Sheriff's Departments unless we have some definitive proof of something. As I have tried to keep up, I haven't seen any valid reason for them to read well over 100 pages of posts involving speculation and theories here.

If calling 911 from a cell phone will it pull the phone info like when you call from a land line? I had to call 911 due to an accident that happened behind our house and we do not have a land line so when I called the dispatcher had to ask for my number, address, and name however a few years ago I had to call 911 from a land line and the dispatcher already knew all of the info. Could that have added to the huge chunk of time concerning when the call was first made?

Also are the calls logged from the time when the call was first answered or when the call is ended? Oh one more, would the dispatcher have stayed on the line with Mr. Placker until LE and the EMT's arrived or would the dispatcher have ended the call once the info was relaid?

I hope this made sense.

TIA

MM ~

y'know if sheriff choate had his way, the public would have more information. on the 8th he said there was a suspect. when the big guns took over the investigation somebody told him to plug it up. look back at his 1st statements. & remember the 1st presser where osbi was present, agent rosser answered every question very guardedly. after the last question the sheriff turned back to respond to someone & rosser gave him a "look" that i read to say "shut up now".

choate was a career state patrolman & has been sheriff for only a couple years (iirc). thankfully, it had been several years since the last murder in the area & local law enforcement was ill-equipped for this big case. he did the right thing to defer to the state & as much as i would like the nitty-gritty, they should "hold their cards close to their chest". osbi has access to almost unlimited resources & i believe this case will end in arrest & conviction.

i would like to know how their timeline differs from the well constucted ones that have been proposed here..... i would be glued to a webcam broadcasting from their base of operations.... but i do not want to hear the 911 call g-pa made. i see it as an invasion of his privacy. i pity mr placker for having come upon such a horrific scene which will surely haunt him forever. his privacy in a time of grief & despair trumps the public's need to know.... emergency calls that are not of such a personal nature are a whole different matter.

i have never personally known of a family with so many on the wrong side of the law. although i am always pro-prosecution, i have empathy for this group as a whole for surely there has been much heartbreak. she was in the midst of law-breaking & incarceration, yet little taylor was bright & had set goals & was likely the best hope the family had for one to break out of the pattern.

as much as i have been enjoying the theories & discussion here, i know the professionals are doing their jobs.

Wow...I just took a look at the map again between Taylor's and Skyla's house. I make the drive from here in DFW to Branson once or twice a year. We go up that 69 to I40. There's a heck of a lake near there..that Eufala lakes or whatever. I had looked at the map when this first happened, but didn't realize it was right there by Checotah (Carrie Underwood's hometown). Well...not close but close enough. Not to sound to remniscent of the Groene murders...but someone could be camped out there for a few months to come.

When I have used my cell phone for 911 calls inside the state, I was routed twice to get in touch with the proper office to respond. With a call such as a possible (probable) murder, they would definitely have kept him on the line or tried to until an officer arrived. However, we don't know about her phone. Was it fully charged? Did it cut out being in the country (yes, I know there are cell towers in the immediate area...but it might not help with certain phones etc.)? There are many reasons the call could be considered longer than normal such as finding the place which they say is so remote.

I think I have explained this before that when the Sheriff's Dept. receives a call, it is going to depend on who is on duty at the time and where they are located within the county as to how long it takes to respond to the area. They can ask the Highway Patrol to respond (IIRC), but I am not certain in what capacity.

the median income is something in the low 20s.... in such a depressed area, a years income is not chump change. here are some demographics from city-data.com:

Population (year 2000): 1,014. Estimated population in July 2006: 947 (-6.6% change)

rod.gif

Males: 482
sg.gif
(47.5%)Females: 532
sg3.gif
(52.5%)​

Okfuskee County
Median resident age:
sg4.gif
39.9 yearsOklahoma median age:
sg6.gif
35.5 years
Zip codes: 74880.​

Estimated median household income in 2005: $21,400 (it was $19,141 in 2000)

Weleetka
sg4.gif
$21,400Oklahoma:
sg6.gif
$37,063​

Estimated median house/condo value in 2005: $32,400 (it was $27,100 in 2000)
Weleetka
sg4.gif
$32,400Oklahoma:
sg6.gif
$89,100

Elevation: 720 feet
Land area: 0.69 square miles. Population density: 1374 people per square mile
(low).​

For population 25 years and over in Weleetka
  • High school or higher: 59.9%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.1%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
  • Unemployed: 24.6%
  • Mean travel time to work: 29.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Weleetka town
  • Never married: 27.0%
  • Now married: 42.1%
  • Separated: 3.5%
  • Widowed: 14.6%
  • Divorced: 12.8%
14 residents are foreign born
This town:
sg4.gif
1.4%Oklahoma:
sg6.gif
3.8%​

Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
Weleetka:
sg4.gif
0.7% ($199)Oklahoma:
sg6.gif
0.7% ($523)​

Single-family new house construction building permits:
  • 1996: 0 buildings
  • 1997: 0 buildings
  • 1998: 0 buildings
  • 1999: 0 buildings
  • 2000: 0 buildings
  • 2001: 0 buildings
  • 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $110,000
  • 2003: 1 building, cost: $50,000
  • 2004: 0 buildings
  • 2005: 0 buildings
  • 2006: 0 buildings
  • 2007: 0 buildings
Most common industries for males:Health care (14%)
Construction (13%)
Educational services (10%)
Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
Metal and metal products (5%)
Food and beverage stores (5%)
Nonmetallic mineral products (4%

Most common industries for females:Health care (31%)
Educational services (16%)
Accommodation and food services (10%)
Public administration (6%)
Apparel (5%)
Metal and metal products (4%)
Miscellaneous manufacturing (4%)

Residents with income below the poverty level in 1999:

This town:
sg4.gif
27.9%Whole state:
sg6.gif
14.7%​

Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 1999:​

This town:
sg4.gif
9.8%Whole state:
sg6.gif
6.1%​

Weleetka compared to Oklahoma state average:

• Median household income below state average.
  • Median house value significantly below state average.
  • Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
  • Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
  • Median age above state average.
  • Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
  • House age significantly above state average.
  • Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
  • Number of college students significantly below state average.
  • Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
18414.png

18414.png

NoZ, I think that is a bit misleading tho and also maybe a simple link would suffice instead of an entire page we have seen. :) (She explained why.)

You could drive five miles in any direction and probably find a home on land worth a substantial amount of money. I think those numbers are deceiving.

Christine has worked with LE on a number of cases and I think she felt they might be interested in what is on this thread. JMO

Either way... I don't see why it matters....
seems no matter what some do or say it always gets questioned.
Guess you can't always please everyone!

When I have used my cell phone for 911 calls inside the state, I was routed twice to get in touch with the proper office to respond. With a call such as a possible (probable) murder, they would definitely have kept him on the line or tried to until an officer arrived. However, we don't know about her phone. Was it fully charged? Did it cut out being in the country (yes, I know there are cell towers in the immediate area...but it might not help with certain phones etc.)? There are many reasons the call could be considered longer than normal such as finding the place which they say is so remote.

I think I have explained this before that when the Sheriff's Dept. receives a call, it is going to depend on who is on duty at the time and where they are located within the county as to how long it takes to respond to the area. They can ask the Highway Patrol to respond (IIRC), but I am not certain in what capacity.

it is my understanding that an emergency call is dispatched immediately, & when in this case upon 1st hearing assistance was needed north of weleetka on county line road, the emergency operator would update the crew on the exact location while in route. however remote, it would be easy to pinpoint as a couple hundred yards past the intersection of (county line road) N3890 & E1130 or .75 mile south of the E1120 crossroads.

we cannot assume the 911 center was in weleetka. there were only 3 fulltime police officers in 2006, & nearest hospitals are 11 miles to wetumpka & 15 miles to henryetta. most likely 911 calls would go to a regional center that handles several rural counties. outside city limits, calls would go to the sheriff's department & state highway patrol. in many rural areas voluntarily certified "first responders" would simultaneously get the call to respond.... i see there is no fire department in weleetka, so i bet many locals are cross-trained in emergency responses.

I just signed up-but I like WebSleuths and hope to stick around. Sorry if I come "out" of left field-but here is what struck me about the Weleetka killings. The first thing was WHY the father or grandfather went looking after 30 minutes. It was a Sunday afternoon and they claimed it was not unsual for the girls to walk that far. 30 minutes is not that long-if you are in a relaxed country setting. Even not answering a phone, I have to wonder why the grand mother was calling. I wondered if he got a phone call-even a call and hang up. Some sign a vendetta was just perfected on his family. THEN I could see a hop in the car and go check on the kids.

I would want to see his incoming calls. I wanted to know what the old man did for a living? They mentioned they moved in the country to be safer-which conflicts with the next comment "there are so many meth labs out here." If I was upset-I would not be throwing out conjecture..I did not get it. Number two observation, they were a LOT of bikers at Taylors funeral. They stood tall with resolve-so this seemed odd.

The crimes were so clear cut cruel-it is the show of power-the ultimate show of power, however sick that truly is. Not pedophile-they are typically after one, and not into killing (usually..) And the bad check writer (GREAT WORK) someone here posted, is not really a violent deal--and we have to wonder if a jail record is not a requirement for anyone out there--BUT the Bandidos dudes someone in here suggested makes PERFECT sense. It seems more likely pay back for a witness - gang related. If true, SURE they are going to say it was an American Indian and General Custard was with him!

If the mob just killed my family-and I could be next, I sure would not be talking Italy-I would be talking Alaska or Siberia. Fear is what will probably keep this case from being solved. Really, how many Indians own a white Ford or chevy Truck in even an hour radius. Either just a few, or they are right near reservation-so plenty. That Federal come down on a Placker just sounds like it has sooo much to do with this. Another person here rightly mentioned Taylor lived around some dangerous people. I saw no Bikers at Shyla's funeral. And I am NOT saying Bikers are bad people-but you can bet they will handle this. Another reason the police probably are going to be led all around on this one. After days of thinking about the WHY? It seems real clear with the Fed set up thing, someone may have sang, and someone may have wanted to prove a cold point. Notice no one went and just did the old man in? That was for "pain" and effect-and to show perverted example.

welcome, gideonstrumpet!
i have to agree, shaylas family wasn't the target... i think it was Taylors. that poor baby was at the wrong place at the wrong time (both of them were, but especially little shayla). i am sure it was just because of the people Taylors family had dealings with. RIP.... poor babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail