750 users online (129 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Family tip-off police over drink-drive mother

Mother is caught drink driving on school-run, after daughters tip off the police

A mother was twice arrested for drink-driving on the school-run after her family members tipped-off the police, a court has heard.
    Tracey Cox, 43, was first caught after her 21-year-old twin daughters contacted the police in the belief she was over the limit and would have an accident.
    But she was arrested again just three weeks later, after another family member reported her for driving under the influence as she collected her eight-year-old daughter from primary school.
    Barnsley magistrates' court heard that Cox, a former Halifax Bank employee, was in the process of divorcing her third husband at the time of the offences.

It's no excuse, is it? being stressed and therefore needing alcohol and then driving.

i praise her daughters for doing the right thing. she could have hurt or killed driving her car while under the influence.

OMG, this woman need to got into Rehab. I am so glad that her children/family called the police on her. How horrible that they had to be put in this position

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Her daughters did do the right thing. It may have saved lives in fact.