GUILTY Australia - Twins Lily & Zaide, 18 mos, starved to death, Brisbane, 8 June 2008

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
BRISBANE, Australia — An Australian couple was charged Thursday with murder and torture in the deaths of their 18-month-old twins, whose decomposing bodies were found by their older sister this week.
The mother, 30, and father, 28, had initially been charged with neglect after the woman told police the twins had starved to death, but the prosecutor upgraded the charges during their court appearance. Because Australian courts don't identify minors, the parents' names were withheld to protect the children's identities.
The murder and torture charges carry potential life sentences.
Australians have been horrified by the deaths of the two children, who had been dead at least a week before police were called to the middle-class suburban home. They weighed only as much as newborn babies: 9 pounds and 8 pounds.
The mother told the court she found the boy and girl dead last week, on Sunday or Monday, but did nothing about it, prosecutor Michelle Clark

told the Brisbane Magistrates Court Tuesday.
Clark said the mother told police, "I don't think I fed them enough."
:mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368925,00.html

"I don't think" I fed them enough ??!!?? WTF? Some people are so sick.

What goes on behind middle-class doors . . . :(

Those poor babies and their poor sister. I am ashamed that those parents live in the same state let only the same country as me. :furious: They didn't deserve those babies. I hope their sister finds a loving home.

Oh how horrible! 9 and 8 pounds WTF?"I don't think I fed them enough"

:furious::furious:

From the link:
The couple's surviving children — ages 3, 4, 5 and 11 — are being cared for by their grandmother. She told reporters Wednesday that the children were "very traumatized, but we are doing the best we can for them — just to know they are wanted and loved."

Too many children, in too short a time! I'm not excusing the horrible people that did this to them, but that many children would drive me whacko!

Poor little ones!

Those poor babies. I wonder if the other kids were fed and taken care of?

Reason numer 10,094,387 why there should be some kind of regulations of having children. There are so many cases of horrible abuse and neglect by biological parents who were never fit to have children to begin with. I know it is harsh and I even have issues with myself for thinking it but something has to be done - not everyone on the planet is mature/smart and capable enough to take on the single biggest responsibility we have as humans yet anyone can have a child - anyone.

Can't bring myself to read the link yet, but there are loving grandparents caring for the others...no one noticed in 18 months that the twins were skeletal and possible say catatonic...certainly unable to walk or crawl unless there is something wrong with my basic medical knowlege.

How horrible. What beautiful children! That video of Lily babbling to her doll broke my heart. This is all so tragic and bizarre. Months ago it seems she posting on parenting forums. Their mother obviously loved them at some point and in the pictures they looked well taken care of. I suspect she developed a severe form of postnatal depression and probably why her child mentioned she was crying all the time. If she was ill I blame the father and the neighbours. Any logical person would call children's services if a child appeared at your door hungry and needing food. And the woman decided to stop giving the child food! What is wrong with her! :furious: And what sort of father never checks on his children. He didn't deserve those precious babies. :furious: Rest in peace dear little angels.:angel::angel:

How horrible. What beautiful children! That video of Lily babbling to her doll broke my heart. This is all so tragic and bizarre. Months ago it seems she posting on parenting forums. Their mother obviously loved them at some point and in the pictures they looked well taken care of. I suspect she developed a severe form of postnatal depression and probably why her child mentioned she was crying all the time. If she was ill I blame the father and the neighbours. Any logical person would call children's services if a child appeared at your door hungry and needing food. And the woman decided to stop giving the child food! What is wrong with her! :furious: And what sort of father never checks on his children. He didn't deserve those precious babies. :furious: Rest in peace dear little angels.:angel::angel:

Kiki, I think you're right about Post Partum depression. In the US, that is what we call it. It happen's more frequently than most people think.
Too many kids too fast, husband should have figured this out! Mother crying all the time...what a dumb husband and you're also right about neighbors. Didn't someone notice something was wrong!

IF this was, is the reason the mom did this, it is NOT her fault.
Post partum is very serious and it's like you're mind has left you.
I knew a woman well, who had it. I know both of her brother's well. She was a FRIEND of my daughter who was mentally ill. (Bi-Polar)

Same situation. This gal went into Post Partum depression and NEVER, every recovered. However, she never harmed the kids but the poor woman spent the rest of her life in a Rest Home here in San Diego.
My daughter and I used to visit her and some day's she could act normal, other day's she was just off the wall!

The disease itself is relative to a "severe psychosis".
It cannot be stressed enough in post-childbirth, too strongly, that if there is any display of any suicidal tendencies, or the threat of harm to any one else, immediate medical attention and treatment is absolutely necessary, with a possible suicide watch and her removal away from other family members that might be harmed. Most of the time these women are ignored! I sometimes think that we live in an 'ignorant' society' but hopefully more people will become aware of this awful disease and recognize the symptoms..............and then do something about it!

You all remember Andrea Yates. Here is what a Pastor said about this disease.

"If you are one that harshly judges a victim of this evil, dreadful, devastating disease, and her actions, if you were to experience its symptoms for just one hour, you would be brought to your knees and quickly change your tune." Pastor Gerry M. Kaye".

xxxxo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thing is...these poor babies didnt starve to death overnight so others have to had seen what was happening or noticed at some point.....where were the families...visitors...friends in all this:confused:

Parents to front bail hearing over toddler twins' deaths

Two Brisbane parents charged over the death of their 18-month-old twins are due to face court for a bail hearing today. The bodies of the boy and girl were found in their Sunnybank Hills home on Monday. Their 30-year-old mother and 28-year-old father have been charged with failure to provide the necessities of life.

A court has been told the toddlers were malnourished and may have been dead for more than a week. Police say their charges could be upgraded to manslaughter or murder once post mortem examinations are complete. The twins' four siblings are in their grandmother's care.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/19/2279152.htm?section=australia

Twin toddlers found dead in their bedroom may have starved to death, prosecutors told an Australian court Tuesday.

Prosecutor Michelle Clarke said police officials found the bodies of an 18-month-old boy and girl in a “state of decay” and that they appeared to be malnourished, the national AAP news agency reported.

The gruesome discovery was initially made by an 11-year-old sibling who smelled something unusual in their suburban Brisbane home. The toddler’s 30-year-old mother allegedly told police she realized they had died on June 8 or 9. When asked by police how they died, the mother allegedly said, “I don’t think I fed them enough.” She added that she had been suffering from a cold at the time. One of the children weighed just 8.8 pounds, according to AAP.

The unidentified woman and her husband, 28, appeared on charges of failing to provide necessities of life after police found the bodies late Monday. According to court testimony, the children’s father told police he did not realize they had died until Monday, despite walking past their room several times since their death a week earlier

Clarke said when the bodies were discovered by one of the couple’s four other children, the child told the mother, “I know why you have been crying now.” The older children said they had rarely seen the twins, who had been kept in a front room of the house for most of their lives. The four other children are now in the care of their grandmother, AAP reported.

The couple had been enduring “significant relationship problems” and the children’s father had failed to support them, according to court testimony. Police prosecutor Sergeant Tina Green said charges would likely be upgraded when autopsy results are returned Thursday. "It's most likely they are heading towards manslaughter or murder charges," Green told the court. Magistrate Noel Nunan is holding the couple without bail until Thursday.

"The circumstance of the death of two young 18-month-old children is bizarre, given that both the parents had been in the house for approximately one week since their death,” Nunan said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368464,00.html

xxxxxxxooooo
mama
:blowkiss:

Its strange because in those pictures the twins look so healthy. I am also wondering if she developed some post partum deppression or psychosis. I developed this type of depression after having my first and second child and it got worse with the second and I was medicated which helped. No one in the world could imagine how crazy that depression makes you feel. Its undescribable and like nothing I had ever delt with before. I am not excusing this womans actions at all Im just saying that it could have played a role in it. Its so sad. i dont see how no one else noticed something was wrong.

This is just a snippet I found a few minutes ago.

Now this story is coming together.

http://www.medindia.com/news/Twins-...s-Charged-With-Murder-and-Torture-38201-1.htm

Lawyers for the man argued there was not enough evidence to support a murder charge because he did not have responsibility for the childen's care.

Lawyer Michael Cridland said: "He hasn't had any contact with the children."

But police prosecutors countered that the man still lived at the house and passed the room every day while going to work.

Court Magistrate Noel Nunan said:"The circumstance of the death of two young 18-month-old children is bizarre, given that both the parents had been in the house for approximately one week since their death."

Since the discovery, the deaths have received prominent newspaper coverage and have dominated television and radio reports.

Neighbours said one of the older siblings once arrived naked on the doorstep and asked to be taken in.

The couple's other children said they rarely saw the twins, who were reportedly kept in their room.

And people are asking themselves how two children could die in a quiet suburban street and their deaths go unnoticed for more than a week.

"I just think that we shouldn't turn a blind eye to this sort of thing any more and that the public need to be more aware and look out for the children," said one resident.

There have been many cases of child neglect in the news for a few years now. And so many have begun to ask - Are parents really too selfish to the extent that they don't feed them? Is there something wrong with community spirit

Source-Medindia
GPL/L

"She (mother) will undergo a psychiatric assessment and has reportedly been placed on suicide watch.

The father, a senior manager on a major city road project, claimed he had not seen or cared for the twins for six months despite living in the same house.

Nor did he pay any attention to his wife. This poor woman!
Can you even believe he never even looked at his twins after they were brought home and then the stupid SOB even say's that to LE?

THEN the neighbors who reported that was naked on their doorstep asking for food and they DIDN'T report it!

This whole story should never have happened!

xxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I wonder if the older child appearing at the neighbours door was before the twins were born or after as that couldnt be blamed on depression. As for the father saying he had no contact with the kids...those babies would have been crying with hunger for long periods of time so how was that ignored???
Plus these babies were at the age to be moving around and making other noises and he never noticed or saw them in the room ONCE.......this is such a strange story!!!

If the mother had severe post natal depression I feel so sorry for her. Imagine recovering and realising what you had done.

Those poor babies and their poor sister. I am ashamed that those parents live in the same state let only the same country as me. :furious: They didn't deserve those babies. I hope their sister finds a loving home.
Im with you Kiki on this one ...there is no excuse for an Australain child to starve to death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back