Indian baby 'back from the dead'

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
Ugh! This is just wrong!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7463245.stm

Hospital authorities in India have ordered an independent inquiry after a baby was declared dead, only to make an apparently miraculous return to life.

The baby girl - born in the city of Mumbai (Bombay) - was diagnosed as stillborn on Monday night.

But she astonished her distraught family by gurgling as they took her off to the cemetery the next day.

It is thought she revived after the effect of drugs - given to her mother during a complicated labour - wore off.

On the positive side, isn't it marvelous? she lives! :)

And i hope she stops being in a critical condition, gets better and goes home! :)

my thoughts are with her and her family.

Unbelievable, I pray for her health and strength. On another note don't get sick in India.

I'm sure her parents were pleasantly surprised.

At least they didn't embalm her or perform an autopsy!

I'm sure her parents were pleasantly surprised.

At least they didn't embalm her or perform an autopsy!
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this! Poor thing though is still in critical condition. I hope she survives!

Wow, thank goodness she made some noise! I hope we hear some positive updates on this little one.

I so hope she makes it. Of course for her sake mostly, but also her poor parents. It would be just too much to bear to lose her, get her back, then lose her again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back