Reg. Sex Offender wins $57M Lottery!

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-ap-mi-megamillions-winn,0,1169788.story

LANSING, Mich. - The winner of last week's $57 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot is a registered sex offender who also pleaded guilty to two breaking and entering charges in the 1980s.

Fred Topous Jr., 45, was discharged from Michigan Department of Corrections supervision in October 2006.

The Kent City man traveled to Lansing on Tuesday to claim the prize from Friday's drawing in the multistate game. Topous chose to take the prize as a $34 million lump sum payment, before taxes.

"I want to enjoy a little bit of life," Topous told state lottery officials. "We're plain folks. We've struggled all our lives."

According to the Corrections Department's offender profile, Topous pleaded guilty to assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in 1999 and pleaded guilty to breaking and entering charges in 1984 and 1988.

I hope he gets some civil lawsuits coming his way from his victims. Great a sex offender with enough money to pay off people :mad:

The upside is that he can now afford to live far, far away from any kids.

I hope he gets some civil lawsuits coming his way from his victims. Great a sex offender with enough money to pay off people :mad:

Actually I think this is great! Let the victims take him for every last cent!

What an MFer. Sorry, but this is so wrong. I do hope every single one of his victims comes forward and sues him for every last penny, his home and the clothes off his back. What nerve to say "I want to enjoy a little bit of life," :mad:

"I want to enjoy a little bit of life," Topous told state lottery officials. "We're plain folks. We've struggled all our lives."

This man isn't someone who simply skipped paying a parking ticket or two. He is a crimimal and a sexual offender no less. :banghead:
I am shocked at the fact that he can win the lottery and collect the money.

According to the Corrections Department's offender profile, Topous pleaded guilty to assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in 1999 and pleaded guilty to breaking and entering charges in 1984 and 1988

I wonder why he is on the sexual pred list??

Anyone find out anything about the charges?

Sounds like attempted rape. The charge was worded:

Topous pleaded guilty to assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in 1999

Too bad I didn't know about this earlier. I could have gone downtown and tried to help his heirs move up their inheritance timetable.

what a prick. how is there any justice in this world if a person like him is getting a random windfall like that.?!?! i agree autumn, ihope his vics sue him and get all kinds of cash from it.. payday for them!

Yep, his winning that money is another example of the old adage " nice guys finish last". :(

Sex offender doesn't necessarily mean he's a pedophile.

Uh, don't care. I don't really want this guy
image4196835g.jpg

anywhere near my daughter.

I hope the 13 year old victim sues him. She needs a good lawyer.

Snip:According to the Corrections Department's offender profile, Topous pleaded guilty to breaking and entering charges in 1984 and 1988 and to assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in 1999. In the latter case, Topous was charged with having sex with a 13-year-old girl, USA Today reported.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/sex-offender-wins-57-million-in-lottery/20080619161509990001

I hope they sue also but wonder if the statue of limitations are already over?

Prison Officials asked the DA if they can recoup loot for the amount of time and money spent having this creep incarcerated. Nope. Anyway, it cost $30,000 a year to house a pedophile. Assaulting a 13 year old is a pedophile, right? Even if they could get the money back it wouldn't put this guy out with that windfall.

On a good note no doubt he'll do something really stupid with the money right away and wind up back in prison. :rolleyes:

http://obscurestore.typepad.com/obscure_store_and_reading/2008/06/sex-offender-do.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back