Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Nicholas Francisco, 28, Seattle, 13 Feb 2008 - #15

WA - Nicholas Francisco, 28, Seattle, 13 Feb 2008 - #15

Administration has spent over 2 hours doing maintenance/clean up on Nicholas Francisco thread #14.

This is sincerely your last warning. We have been over this one too many times.

We will not allow posters to personally attack other posters. Treat everyone here w/respect or you will be TO’d, possibly permanently banned. Action has been taken w/members who have continually disregarded TOS and our prior warnings. If we have to pull this thread again, it will NOT be coming back. We will also not allow a thread relating to this case reopen anywhere on the board.

I suggest every poster read/reread the Rules of the forum.

Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
    2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
    3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
    4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

Thank you mods for all you do.

Any further news or ideas anyone?

this case continues to draw me.

me? i'm still of the opinion Nicholas Francisco was abducted and what started as horseplay turned into a genuinely scary scenario for him and he is being kept by someone.

people do have dungeons.

i realise i'm in the minority here.

It is interesting that the lawyer and the Pastor are the same person, and that there is quite a bit of coverage over his departure from MH. Incidentally, it is possible he was a marriage counselor as well.

linked in link:
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulpetry

Not sure if this anything, but who knows.

It seems very reasonable to me that someone from their previous church would also be someone that would offer, or Christine would turn to, for help. She knows this person's character and that is very important considering all the chaos she was dealing with at the time after Nick's disappearance. Also she probably knew she could trust this lawyer and his family..which would have been something she dearly needed after Nick 's disappearance.

Floh, I also agree that Nick is probably alive somewhere..either by his own leaving or a meet up that ended up with him as someone's hostage of sorts.
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 06-19-2008 at 05:46 PM.

DeltaDawn:

I think that makes sense. There did seem to be a lot going on at the church just prior to Nicholas' disappearance. I am sure it has no bearing, but since there is still very little to go on it makes sense to look at everything, especially with the new developments.

I am personally shocked at the allegations of abuse on Nicholas' part, but was equally shocked by his apparent secret activities. So I guess one never really knows.

Thanks for everyones input on this case.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    It seems very reasonable to me that someone from their previous church would also be someone that would offer or Christine would turn to for help. She knows this person's character and that is very important considering all the chaos she was dealing with at the time after Nick's dissappearance. Also she probably knew she coould trust this lawyer and his family..which would have been something she dearly needed after Nick 's disappearance.

Floh, I also agree that Nick is probably alive somewhere..either by his own leaving or a meet up that ended up with him as someone's hostage of sorts.
    Thank goodness i'm not alone in thinking this.

It could be pro bono as well...

If he left of his own free will, would he not have cleared out his bank accounts, he could have taken some cloths.
    He has children, I just don't see him walking off into the sun and totally abandon every thing

I was thinking about Nicholas and Christine last night. I always thought she had the deer in the headlight look in a lot of her interviews. Many people said their "hinky" meters went off. Well if she had been being abused but at the time felt she had no way to live without him (more common then some might think) she may have half hoped that he was dead and she would have a way out and half afraid he was alive and had left her. She would have been scared to say the wrong thing and upset him.

Now as time went on and things were found that she may not have known about and it began to look more like there was a chance he was alive she became even more afraid especially as the information about his "secret" life was made public. She may have known how angry he would be that the information had come out and she knew he would take it out on her. At this point she moved out of the house and hid so he couldn't find her.

Now that she feels she is in a safe place and hopefully has had people to finally talk to about what has happened in her life she maybe feeling strong enough to finally get on with her life and it is no longer dependent on him being dead or alive.

Yes if he is dead his body needs to be found but I'm not sure in this area how this would be done from the internet and because of the size of the area that he could have been dumped in there just isn't a way to really do a search. Yes, I know there are search and rescue groups but without even knowing for sure if he is dead that is a lot of effort for little benefit. We can only pray that it is found by a hiker at some point. If he is alive then I believe he voluntarily left and very likely with someone else now, but who knows if it is even in the greater Seattle area.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions View Post
    I was thinking about Nicholas and Christine last night. I always thought she had the deer in the headlight look in a lot of her interviews. Many people said their "hinky" meters went off. Well if she had been being abused but at the time felt she had no way to live without him (more common then some might think) she may have half hoped that he was dead and she would have a way out and half afraid he was alive and had left her. She would have been scared to say the wrong thing and upset him.

Now as time went on and things were found that she may not have known about and it began to look more like there was a chance he was alive she became even more afraid especially as the information about his "secret" life was made public. She may have known how angry he would be that the information had come out and she knew he would take it out on her. At this point she moved out of the house and hid so he couldn't find her.

Now that she feels she is in a safe place and hopefully has had people to finally talk to about what has happened in her life she maybe feeling strong enough to finally get on with her life and it is no longer dependent on him being dead or alive.

Yes if he is dead his body needs to be found but I'm not sure in this area how this would be done from the internet and because of the size of the area that he could have been dumped in there just isn't a way to really do a search. Yes, I know there are search and rescue groups but without even knowing for sure if he is dead that is a lot of effort for little benefit. We can only pray that it is found by a hiker at some point. If he is alive then I believe he voluntarily left and very likely with someone else now, but who knows if it is even in the greater Seattle area.

JMO
    I think your opinion rocks, SMQ.

About Greta Van Susteren show (from the previous thread) - It looks like the primary story last night was about a jogger who was murdered in Florida recently and Nicholas's story is not included in the interview transcripts.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

does anyone know if any 911 domestic violence calls were ever made to LE? I kind of doubt it, but just wanted to check.

Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    About Greta Van Susteren show (from the previous thread) - It looks like the primary story last night was about a jogger who was murdered in Florida recently and Nicholas's story is not included in the interview transcripts.
    Can someone who viewed the show clarify for me - was Christine interviewed on last night's show, or was it a brief update on the case?
    Thanks in advance.

i posted this link on another thread (in the jury room) which has since poofed. hope im not breaking rules by posting it again here.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/367254_nick17.html

seems that she has given up on finding him

I became intrigued with the case when I found out how much online presence they both had and how she tried to shut down comments on every blog that dealt with the case while simultanousy accepting funds from the public and making TV appearances. Why was she trying to squelch the speech of strangers? What was she trying to suppress? Why was her behavior so different from other families of missing loved ones?
    Last edited by CW; 06-19-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Please knock it off now and go read post one. We are ending that line of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    does anyone know if any 911 domestic violence calls were ever made to LE? I kind of doubt it, but just wanted to check.
    According to this article http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...ves/141356.asp the Sheriff's Office was not aware of any reports of domestic violence or sexual assault within the family.

IMO, Christine's internet writings show a strong willed young woman. I do not believe she was abused by Nicholas.

Quote Originally Posted by RhondaIL View Post
    According to this article http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...ves/141356.asp the Sheriff's Office was not aware of any reports of domestic violence or sexual assault within the family.

IMO, Christine's internet writings show a strong willed young woman. I do not believe she was abused by Nicholas.
    I agree and absent any evidence of domestic violence, I do not think Nick was an abuser. How many abusers does anyone know that would hurry home to make Valentine's cookies with their daughter? I think Christine is saying these things now in order to ensure she has a nice strong case against Nick for custody/financial reasons only. Not because there is any truth to it. He did (maybe) abandon her and in my mind, that is abusive, but aside from that, I would want hard evidence before I would believe he was a chronic/consistent abuser.

Salem

Most men who are abusive doesn't just spend all of his time beating up on their wives and kids it usually goes in cycles. Abuse and then asking for forgiven and being really nice until the next thing sets them off. A man who is abusive could just as easy come home to bake cookies and then slap the kid because s/he spilled the flour.

As to strong willed even women who are successful can become victims. A partner and I ran a small business, I held a full-time job and went to school and most people were shocked when I split up with a b/f of 5 years because he shot up the house which was the last straw in a long history of abuse that few knew anything about. Until the last night I had never call the police and not report had ever been made about him.

Her writings on the internet could have been her trying to hold on to a shred of self. The other thing is she never posted anything bad about him not even one disagreement. Could have been fear of what he would do if she ever did. Even now the only bad thing you could say she has said was in her divorce papers.

Most of this is JMO

Quote Originally Posted by RhondaIL View Post

When I read the history of domestic violence or sexual assault..I can see that being a very disturbing part of the marriage. From previous things we have found he appears to have been addicted to sex..all kinds of sex. I am not making a character judgement here..just stating what was found of his sexual presence on the internet.

Therefore it is possible to believe that their sex life revolved around his needs and wants..which may not have been hers. And if she did not participate in acts with him that she may have felt were against her feelings at the time..but he forced her to or emotionally and verbally abused her because she didn't..then I can see sexual abuse being among the claims. Even the fact that he was unfaithful sexually and exposed her to STD's without her consent or knowledge speaks to their relationship.

People have very different views of what is sexually acceptable..from his internet presence and hers I would say their sexual views were very different.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone View Post
    Can someone who viewed the show clarify for me - was Christine interviewed on last night's show, or was it a brief update on the case?
    Thanks in advance.
    Christine wasn't interviewed on last night's show. It was just a clip of her previous interview and how she was saying that Nicholas loved his family and would never leave them on his own. Greta's show seemed to be about asking why Christine has changed her tune now.

I think what keeps any case going is coverage on national news and the ease that information can be found on the internet. I don't know if it was Publicis that helped them get things aired on Greta (Fox News) and Nancy (CNN) or what. But, that is pretty big in the overall scheme of news coverage given to missing people, even if the story only airs a couple of times.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Cool I just don't think he left everything that suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    If he left of his own free will, would he not have cleared out his bank accounts, he could have taken some cloths.
    He has children, I just don't see him walking off into the sun and totally abandon every thing
    I agree HOBO... maybe some of the feet being found up your way belong to NF? (I'm serious...thinking out loud...and not bad joking) (several different feet have washed ashore up in British Columbia)

Regarding Greta's show last night the reporter stated that LE never recieved a report about Nicholas F abusing Christine.

Floh, I just wanted to chime in here and say you are not alone here. It's one of the possibilities that I keep on the back burner (NF tied up as a sex slave somewhere, or worse...)

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Thank goodness i'm not alone in thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoManyQuestions View Post
    Most men who are abusive doesn't just spend all of his time beating up on their wives and kids it usually goes in cycles. Abuse and then asking for forgiven and being really nice until the next thing sets them off. A man who is abusive could just as easy come home to bake cookies and then slap the kid because s/he spilled the flour.

As to strong willed even women who are successful can become victims. A partner and I ran a small business, I held a full-time job and went to school and most people were shocked when I split up with a b/f of 5 years because he shot up the house which was the last straw in a long history of abuse that few knew anything about. Until the last night I had never call the police and not report had ever been made about him.

Her writings on the internet could have been her trying to hold on to a shred of self. The other thing is she never posted anything bad about him not even one disagreement. Could have been fear of what he would do if she ever did. Even now the only bad thing you could say she has said was in her divorce papers.

Most of this is JMO

I agree..abuse runs a cycle....beat'em up for no reason, bend over backwards to make it all better..to the one they abused, not the bystanders. Everything is hunky-dory until the next thing sets them off and the cycle repeats itself.

We will have to agree to disgaree about her writings on the internet. If we, a bunch of strangers, can track down her internet writings, I am sure her husband could also. IMO, Christine did not always speak of her husband in a positive light.

Domestic violence is an ongoing problem and is not always a husband beating a wife. It works both ways.

jmo

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast