WA - Puyallup Woman Beats 7 Foot Child Molester With A Bat

White Rain

Reaction score
Go MOM!!!! :woohoo:
I'm sad she's in jail though. I would've done the same or worse if I saw him talking to my girls.

PUYALLUP, Wash. -- A woman who police said assaulted a sex offender with a baseball bat said," I'd do it again if I had to," reported KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

KIRO is WSB-TV Channel 2's sister station in Seattle; both are owned by Cox Communications.

After learning that her Puyallup neighbor, 24-year-old William Baldwin, was a convicted level 3 sex offender from a flyer she received from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department, Tammy Gibson said, "I lost my mind."

"She grabbed a bat, picked it up and started beating the crap out of me. She started beating me the way a man would with a bat", said Baldwin of the incident. "I've never even seen her before and she just comes over and accuses me of molesting her children and attacks me with a bat."

Gibson said she had seen Baldwin around the River Road Trailer Park and adjacent Cottonwood Mobile Home Park several times over the last year.

"I can't believe that he was allowed in our neighborhood", said Gibson.

Gibson said she often saw the 7 feet 3 inches tall Baldwin talking with her 10-year-old daughter.

"Last year, on the Fourth of July, he was talking to my daughter. I got the flyer in the mail and I snapped. I went nuts," Gibson told McCarty.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16661787/detail.html

This woman should get a medal!!! I would have done the exact same thing!!!

If he says he has "changed" then he shouldnt have been talking to a ten year old anyway. He should stay away from them after what he did. I hope this woman does not get convicted of anything.

You don't change. You will always be attracted to children. It's the same as not being able to change liking women or men, or farm animals.

I agree Paladin....they are unchangeable and untreatable and many of them now have a movement to get their sick perversion accepted as a "sexual orientation" with all the rights that entails.:mad:

I read this last night and was going to post it but I just did not know which forum to put it in.:crazy:

Cracked me up when he said she hit him with a bat like a man would hehehe Don't mess with a mama and her babies.

Got what he deserved.I would have done the same thing if not worse if I saw him talking to one of my children.

You don't change. You will always be attracted to children. It's the same as not being able to change liking women or men, orfarm animals.

Yep they NEVER change. Although this guy should be lucky he didn't have me for a neighbor, I have guns...lots of them:mad:

I've never met her and I know nothing about her but I really like this woman. I believe after they have served their prison sentences child molesters should be locked away in special hospitals. They are sick and will never get better and children deserve protection from their sickness. People may think it violates their human rights but a lot of killers have been confined for life to mental facilities so I don't see how this is any different.

Good for her!!

She reacted anyway, anyone would have.

If he was talking to a child 10 and under, I'd be ticked off too!!

He's need to be a current registered sex offender with his new addy, thank god she got the poster.

Who knows what else could have happened if she didn't know!!!!!

I'll never understand why child molesters and child rapists are allowed to walk after only a few years in prison. It amazes me that society would rather punish cigarette smokers (no I don't smoke), or people who don't use their seatbelt.
If the system fails to protect us, the hard working tax payers, then what choice is left but to grab a baseball bat!!

She knew the guy had not molested her daughter, in fact she had said in the past she thought this guy was harmless when she say him talking to her daughter. Yet she first told LE he had molested her daughter..otherwise she LIED. She knew she broke the law and had no justification for her actions so she lied. To her credit she did come clean and admit he had never touched her daughter.
No action on his part prompted this attack-she got the flier and took the law into her own hands and went and assaulted him.

She is NOT a hero.

People are offering to pay her bail- misguided people but this woman will end up being treated like royalty and feel justified in her violence and the next time she gets a flier perhaps she'll leave the bat at home and take a gun.

I honestly would rather have the sex offender who I am aware of and can keep track of living next to me than a woman who can go off on a violent rampage on a whim.

I'll never understand why child molesters and child rapists are allowed to walk after only a few years in prison. It amazes me that society would rather punish cigarette smokers (no I don't smoke), or people who don't use their seatbelt.
If the system fails to protect us, the hard working tax payers, then what choice is left but to grab a baseball bat!!

If I read the article correctly he offended in 1999- he is 24 now so he would have been a teen and younger at the time of his crime.. Not that it excuses anything he did.

She knew the guy had not molested her daughter, in fact she had said in the past she thought this guy was harmless when she say him talking to her daughter. Yet she first told LE he had molested her daughter..otherwise she LIED. She knew she broke the law and had no justification for her actions so she lied. To her credit she did come clean and admit he had never touched her daughter.
No action on his part prompted this attack-she got the flier and took the law into her own hands and went and assaulted him.

She is NOT a hero.

People are offering to pay her bail- misguided people but this woman will end up being treated like royalty and feel justified in her violence and the next time she gets a flier perhaps she'll leave the bat at home and take a gun.

I honestly would rather have the sex offender who I am aware of and can keep track of living next to me than a woman who can go off on a violent rampage on a whim.

Welcome, kalekona. Terrific post!

Thanks.

This is a pretty local story-here is the latest from KIRO about the people wanting to pay her bail.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16669993/detail.html

Totally crazy, and she says she'd do it again. I honestly don't know who I'd be more bothered by my neighborhood - a registered sex offender or a person who goes around beating people up with baseball bats because she thinks they're bad.

She lied once, apparently, saying she thought he molested the child, when apparently she only thought he had talked to her. I wonder, when she says he was regularly talking to the child - how much that really is.

And he - apparently failed to register his location. While he sounds quite understanding for someone beaten with a baseball bat, and was a teenager at the time of his crimes - he's obviously in the wrong too.

I don't give pedophiles much leeway - but statistics do show that some, even many, fail to reoffend. And the leeway I'd give would be more to a teenager (not fully formed brains, as a matter of simple fact).

I wouldn't want him (nor her) in my neighborhood - but he's probably safer so long as you know he's there. Her - you won't get a flyer, she'll just blow up - who knows what else. Protecting your children can have it's bad side if you don't have any limits nor sense of proportion - we've seen some tragic examples of that.

She lied once, apparently, saying she thought he molested the child, when apparently she only thought he had talked to her. I wonder, when she says he was regularly talking to the child - how much that really is.

And he - apparently failed to register his location. While he sounds quite understanding for someone beaten with a baseball bat, and was a teenager at the time of his crimes - he's obviously in the wrong too.

I don't give pedophiles much leeway - but statistics do show that some, even many, fail to reoffend. And the leeway I'd give would be more to a teenager (not fully formed brains, as a matter of simple fact).

I wouldn't want him (nor her) in my neighborhood - but he's probably safer so long as you know he's there. Her - you won't get a flyer, she'll just blow up - who knows what else. Protecting your children can have it's bad side if you don't have any limits nor sense of proportion - we've seen some tragic examples of that.

Good post Details.

She said she saw him talk to her daughter around the 4th of July.... (a year ago.)

He failed to register when he first stayed at the trailer park but obviously registered since then- thus the flier.

If I read the article correctly he offended in 1999- he is 24 now so he would have been a teen and younger at the time of his crime.. Not that it excuses anything he did.

She was over the top, but what did he do, and why is he out of jail?

ETA:

Here is why he was in jail:

Baldwin lured a 5-year-old girl into a doghouse in his backyard and sexually assaulted her. That crime was committed while he was on parole for another sexual assault in which he forced a different 5-year-old girl into a sex act with him.

So..at 16 he sexually assaults a 5 year old while being on parole for forcing another 5 year old to preform a sex act.

She is NOT a hero.

Really?
Does this woman have a violent record to make you think she'd go off on a whim again?
I can't believe any woman would rather live next to a violent sex offender, but you say you would, so I'll take your word.
I'm not sure she is lying as much as being scared/paranoid that he did do it.
At the time she saw him with her daughter she thought he was harmless, then when she got the flyer she snapped thinking he was doing something with her kid because he's friends with her daughter or was friendly with her daughter at some point.
I think she overreacted, but oh well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back