OH - Maggie Laughlin for student sex abuse, Mentor, 2008

Ugh how disgusting. What is it with teachers doing all this messed up stuff lately....they are there to teach!!

Local news showed fellow students saying they both flirted with each other and EVERYONE knew what was going down.

Well I hope they come down on her as hard as they did the school teacher in South Georgia when she performed oral sex on one of her 9 year old male students.

They must have scared the heck out of her because she plead guilty and she got sentenced to 25 years.

imoo

Don't you mean "who"?
roflhs5.gif

LOL I wondered too. It sure doesn't take much around here to get us going, does it?! Someone's going to come along and yell at us for laughing instead of taking this crime seriously. :eek: (Not that we aren't taking the crime seriously, you know?!)

LOL I wondered too. It sure doesn't take much around here to get us going, does it?! Someone's going to come along and yell at us for laughing instead of taking this crime seriously. :eek: (Not that we aren't taking the crime seriously, you know?!)

Oh come on...that boy is probably brimming with confidence and bragging to all of his friends. :)

I was waiting for that one from someone, Paladin!

Having had a major crush on a high school teacher myself, I can truly see how this happens. I do think it's up to the teacher to restrain themselves though because it IS wrong. Thankfully my teacher did just that.

Yes he probably is. But that doesn't make it right. We need to view sexual predation against our sons as seriously as we do against our daughters. Boys get a "mixed up" view of sex and sexual activity when we operate under "double" standards.

Mom thinks it is bad and dad pats them on the back for scoring with the older woman. Kid thinks he is "good with the ladies." I really believe stuff like this has long term psychological impacts on our young men and can make future relationships chaotic.

I think this teacher should be treated exactly the same way a male teacher w/a female student would be treated. And you can see just from our posts here, that we don't take it as seriously. Don't get me wrong -- I laughed too. But still, I advocate for a nongender specific punishment for all sex crimes.

Salem

I agree, Salem. Leave out the gender and this is a crime just like all the others.

Frankly, if my teacher had fallen for me in that way, I would probably feel kind of awesome too. I don't think that feeling is just a teen boy feeling. Does that make sense?

Yes he probably is. But that doesn't make it right. We need to view sexual predation against our sons as seriously as we do against our daughters. Boys get a "mixed up" view of sex and sexual activity when we operate under "double" standards.

Mom thinks it is bad and dad pats them on the back for scoring with the older woman. Kid thinks he is "good with the ladies." I really believe stuff like this has long term psychological impacts on our young men and can make future relationships chaotic.

I think this teacher should be treated exactly the same way a male teacher w/a female student would be treated. And you can see just from our posts here, that we don't take it as seriously. Don't get me wrong -- I laughed too. But still, I advocate for a nongender specific punishment for all sex crimes.

Salem

Thank you for the excellent and well thought-out post. You are very right that people like me should probably take this issue more seriously.

I apologize if I have offended anyone.

She... accepted a position at an all-boys school."

I wonder, did she take the teaching job at the all boys Middle School so she would be closer to teen boys?
The boy she had OS with was 15.
She's a child predator IMO.

Oh Paladin - no, no, no you did not offend me at all. I laughed also. It's good to be able to laugh sometimes, especially on these boards :).

And I think your comments were spot on. As Taxi said above, even a teenaged girl would feel "special" if she could turn a teacher's eye.

I was just trying to explain that this is an area where I try to see through the "double" standard. It seems so often female teachers (perps) do not face the same harsh judgment or punishment that male teachers (perps) do and I think they should because I do believe this behavior harms our young boys. I try to make the same effort in cases of domestic violence these days also.

I enjoyed your posts and I was in no way offended. :)

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back