1014 users online (206 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Court overturns father's grounding of 12-year-old

OTTAWA (AFP) - A Canadian court has lifted a 12-year-old girl's grounding, overturning her father's punishment for disobeying his orders to stay off the Internet, his lawyer said Wednesday.

The girl had taken her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on websites he tried to block, and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080618...t_080618180800

That's just nuts. Let's see the USA-bashers turn this one around on us! lol

If I were the dad, I'd be selling that computer now, and everything else she owns. Gotta pay the legal fees somehow.

"Beaudoin noted the girl used a court-appointed lawyer in her parents' 10-year custody dispute to launch her landmark case against dear old dad."

Sounds like she is angry with her dad and trying to get back at him. It also sounds like she has been taught that the best way to deal with an issue is to take it to court. Sad.

Sounds to me like the father was trying to protect his daughter. What responsible parent wants their 12 yo messing around on the internet posting innappropriate pictures?

VB

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post

OTTAWA (AFP) - A Canadian court has lifted a 12-year-old girl's grounding, overturning her father's punishment for disobeying his orders to stay off the Internet, his lawyer said Wednesday.

The girl had taken her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on websites he tried to block, and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080618...t_080618180800

What a bunch of crap! And when the kid get's herself in trouble via the net, with say a predator, the courts will be saying the dad didn't do enough to protect her WTF is wrong with the court system there? So now the child has no consequences for her bad behavior

Things like this shouldnt even get to court in the first place. Thats just pure stupidity....he had every right to ground her if she was posting "innapropriate" pics online when the net is swarming with perverts. He must feel really helpless now. As for the judge who overturned the grounding....wonder how he would feel if he forbid his daughter to do something for her own good then she took him to court

This is totally crazy! What ever is this world coming to?

I am soooo glad my kids are grown and I don't have to worry about this anymore.

That little girl is a spoiled brat. And I agree, take away the computer and sell it for legal fees. No tv, no mall, no playing outside because she needs to do homework! She better get straight A's so she can get a college scholarship because she just spent her college savings and then she needs to go to lawschool. She'll most likely be her best client.

That judge is an idio*......

JMHO
    fran

Fran and I are heading up to Canada! Road Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I want to join you!

I've got room!

Ugh, I think of the local 12 yr old girls around here and how they'd be gloating about having a judge make this kind of decision for them.

What's up with that judge anyway?!

This is just nuts and I agree with Fran that this kid is a spoiled brat!So parents have no right anymore to disipline their children the way they should be? I am just .

Quote Originally Posted by bnhall View Post
    "Beaudoin noted the girl used a court-appointed lawyer in her parents' 10-year custody dispute to launch her landmark case against dear old dad."

Sounds like she is angry with her dad and trying to get back at him. It also sounds like she has been taught that the best way to deal with an issue is to take it to court. Sad.
    Thisc is exactly what stood out to me. Pathetic.

[sarcasm]but don't we *want* our governments raising us? err.. I mean..our kids?[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Are we there yet!?

fran

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    It seems most disagree with the judge (including me!). What was the judge thinking?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast