1093 users online (244 members and 849 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What provoked this slaughter?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Child abduction gone bad.

    13 8.84%
  • Revenge

    18 12.24%
  • Thrill kill

    34 23.13%
  • Diversion

    1 0.68%
  • Professional Hit

    6 4.08%
  • Silencing a possible witness

    40 27.21%
  • Hate crime

    1 0.68%
  • Mistaken for a deer.

    1 0.68%
  • I don't know and can't even guess.

    33 22.45%
  • I don't want to know.

    0 0%

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    424
    Voted I don't know - so many possibilities.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Why not "none of the above"??

    I was going to give the vote on "mistaken for deer", but then I realized that is ludicrous. IMO

    But after looking and thinking of the other options, I couldn't vote for any of them either at this point.

    So, it left me with none of the above. (At this point of time) Which is not an option!




    Wouldn't this fit? I don't know and can't even guess.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    christine

    Wouldn't this fit? I don't know and can't even guess.

    That pretty much sums it up!

    But I do have a guess or two, but they are not given as an option.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    273

    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I voted revenge.
    Like close enough, I too think someone wanted only one of the girls dead. My guess is that the killer felt he had to kill both of them because he couldn't take the chance of one of them talking. I definately think the girls knew the killer.
    I am thinking the same but maybe one girl was killed because of knowing something and just maybe the killer/s knew she would have surely told the other.

    ITA with your last sentence!

    Sly

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    hopeful

    I am hopeful that this one will be solved. I think it is possible that L.E. is getting farther with this case than we know. I don't have any inside info but this case has some characteristics that would seem to make it solvable.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,913
    Because OSBI seems to be having a hardship connecting the murderer to this crime I am still leaning that the killer or killers have no connections to either girl and that is why they are trying to rule everyone out that they get a lead on. Up to 450 leads now, iirc.

    I do have faith that they will solve this one. They are still trying to eliminate everyone, even the ones who may have been false leads. They gave a polygraph yesterday to someone so they are still going strong on this case. But when the killer or killers are unknown and LE cant establish a motive their net becomes much larger and wider. A daunting task for any police agency and a long and laborious one.

    imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Because OSBI seems to be having a hardship connecting the murderer to this crime I am still leaning that the killer or killers have no connections to either girl and that is why they are trying to rule everyone out that they get a lead on. Up to 450 leads now, iirc.

    I do have faith that they will solve this one. They are still trying to eliminate everyone, even the ones who may have been false leads. They gave a polygraph yesterday to someone so they are still going strong on this case. But when the killer or killers are unknown and LE cant establish a motive their net becomes much larger and wider. A daunting task for any police agency and a long and laborious one.

    imoo
    I agree with you that the perp knew neither girl, and personally I think this was random and a thrill kill without real motive, and possibly carried out by 2 people (or monsters I should say). None of the other possibilities "smell" right to me.

    If they can't pin a perp any other way, there is a very strong possibility that they will get caught because of the guns. People that are crazy enough to do this type of crime in broad daylight WILL screw up in another way, and it seems like it is rather often that the guns lead the way right back to the perp.

    Praying for closure for those heartbroken families and sweet girls...

  8. #53
    gut feeling.....girls went to bridge to meet boys
    boys rebuked and shot girls

  9. #54
    crime of passion
    hence the overkill

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    That just doesn't seem plausible to me but I respect everyone's opinion nor do

    I think it is some long delayed drug retaliation against this particular family.

    Now if it had happened to the immediate family of Joe Placker Sr or Joe Jr...I would give that more weight but it didn't.

    Whomever this **** is he sure is remaining out of sight. No one seems to know him in that small town so he has to be a stranger there.

    imo
    The only reason I keep retaliation on my list of possibilities, is because of the secrecy surrounding Taylor's birth parents...WHY?

    Could it be possible, the killer knew who Taylors bio-parents were and the murders were in retaliation for something in their past??...imo


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pennypacker View Post


    gut feeling.....girls went to bridge to meet boys


    boys rebuked and shot girls
    Excellent point...
    At ages 13 and 11 girls do start wanting boys to notice them....so of course the girls want to be around the boys....jmo

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsthink View Post
    The only reason I keep retaliation on my list of possibilities, is because of the secrecy surrounding Taylor's birth parents...WHY?

    Could it be possible, the killer knew who Taylors bio-parents were and the murders were in retaliation for something in their past??...imo
    For the past week I have been trying to go slow and read every post concerning this horrid crime and trust me I am still not done. I have to go along with your thoughts, I read all your posts, about the motive plus other things. And why the big secret surrounding Taylor's real parents? are they in the witness protection program? wouldn't doubt that. And this.... in all the thought about who was the 911 first caller plus whereabouts of the "Plackers"? did not any of those folks ( Plackers and Grandmother) pass a car, or see one during this scrambling? I know that is far-fetched but the time-line is so tight,so to speak, doses this make the POI the killer? Also, Placker 's words of "they killed them" has always stuck in the back of my mind. Now this is all my opinion. I am truly just sharing my thoughts and pray no matter what the case, the killer(s) are found and prosecuted to the fullest. blessings to us all at Websleuths and my prayers to the girls, Taylor & Skyla

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    417
    While I voted 'Thrill kill', it could also be 'silencing a witness' or something that hasn't occurred to us. There's just too little to go on for me to have a firm opinion at this time.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    arklahoma
    Posts
    39
    I am thinking it was a a 'crackhead'. Sometimes these people imagine all kinds of things that aren't true. I live relatively close to this town- and let me tell you- we have major meth problems. It could have been something as simple as 'they looked like cops.' It's a shame. I know I held my kids a little closer the day I heard.
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best." Occam's Razor.

    Protect the littlest....

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,913
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgrlfromhell View Post
    I am thinking it was a a 'crackhead'. Sometimes these people imagine all kinds of things that aren't true. I live relatively close to this town- and let me tell you- we have major meth problems. It could have been something as simple as 'they looked like cops.' It's a shame. I know I held my kids a little closer the day I heard.
    I continue to believe this was senseless killings maybe spurned on by meth paranoia. I think the girls knew these guys. I do think it was at least two and maybe more in their vehicle.

    Did the killers have a deep dark secret? Did the girls inadvertently discover that secret without meaning to do so? I think that is a great possibility.

    imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. VA VA - Sara Bruehl, 18, New Kent County, 8 Aug 1999
    By astridxx in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 06:55 PM