Comedian George Carlin Dies at 71 in Los Angeles Hospital

Oh no!! I saw him in concert years ago...he was a very smart, very funny man. May he rest in peace.

Oops. I must have posted this at the same time. My mother just told me. He is sooooo funny!
Please keep this going. I'd like to know more, but need to get to bed.
Thanks Suzi!
:)

Oh no! I can delete this one or the mods can combine them.

Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71
Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080623/ts_nm/carlin_dc_2&printer=1;_ylt=AmfXWteEvUxqACx5OpNDkghg.3QA

So sad, a real pioneer and one of a kind. Happy Trails George, RIP.

Didnt he write a beautiful life statement recently? I think it was after the death of his wife? Am I thinking of the right person?

I'll never forget those 7 dirty words...

I'm sure I can't post them here..... 2 decades later..

but I think I can post, *advertiser censored* tuts, tuts, *advertiser censored*... in the tator tot way.....

Just not sure when I can share those 7 words with my 5 yr old. When he hears them, they will be from you!

I will miss you George.

Everyone dies of 'heart failure', but what caused his heart to fail?

heart failure is no answer.

R.I.P.

Carlin and Pryor...2 comedic geniuses of our time...sad news for sure.

So glad I was able to download a bunch of Carlin's sound clips from comedycentral when they were available. I used to listen to them routinely, to get my day off to a good start with a hearty laugh. I have some of his books, even gave one to my Dad in his failing years...to raise his spirits.

Rest In Peace, George Carlin...you are greatly missed already but never forgotten.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0137506/bio

Everyone dies of 'heart failure', but what caused his heart to fail?

heart failure is no answer.

R.I.P.

I would guess that he had congestive heart failure but I dont know that for sure.

I would guess that he had congestive heart failure but I dont know that for sure.

There is some history of his heart issues at the imdb link above, as:

Just before Christmas 2005, he experienced significant shortage of breath and other heart-related symptoms. On Christmas Day he entered Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills. During an eight-day stay he was treated for a lung infection and narrowed arteries. He received antibiotics and an angioplasty that included the placement of a double stent. The procedure was successful, but he was advised to take things slowly in the New Year.

So sad! I just woke up hubby up to tell him... he was like, oh no!

So sad!!! Hubby and I saw his concert several years ago. We had front row seats. He was hilarious!!

RIP George... may you make the heavens roar with laughter...

I'm thankful I got to see George Carlin live in Vegas for my bachelor party in August. Truly a remarkable comedian.

edit: Come to think of it...I think I'm cursed. I'm now 2/2 on seeing a comedian live and having them die within a year. First, Mitch Hedburg, and now George.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back