False Leads, False Reports

Family's Attorney Denies Malice In Misinformation

A search came one day after a Henryetta teenager reported seeing a person of interest in the murders of two Weleetka girls, only later admitting she had made it up. News On 6 anchor Terry Hood reports the family says there's more to the story.

The family is speaking through their attorney who says it was a terrible mix-up, but insists that person of interest has been seen on their property.

Dozens of law enforcement personnel descended on the Okmulgee County countryside on Tuesday afternoon. They were looking for someone matching the description of the man investigators are calling a person of interest in the murders of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Pashal-Placker.

The Okmulgee County Sheriff says 18-year old Brittany Stanton claimed the man broke into her home, which sets just a few miles from where the girls were killed.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8555324

So, this 18 YEAR OLD lied. Her attorney calls her "a child."

She's NOT a child. She lied and caused a massive use of man hours. IMO she should be charged for this.

Hmm..just got an odd feeling...usually where there's smoke there's fire. Why would she say he was there? Why would SHE want to substantiate that the POI does exist?? Like I said...just a thought that popped up.

Hmm..just got an odd feeling...usually where there's smoke there's fire. Why would she say he was there? Why would SHE want to substantiate that the POI does exist?? Like I said...just a thought that popped up.

I agree. She should be monitored and her relationships, close famly members, etc. should be looked at.

posted by SM:

Right. I thought the same, maybe she is covering for a friend. After seeing that one MYspace page of the one girl age 17, with the song Murder on, and hyperdermic needles dripping with blood. You have to wonder, how much the "kids" are involved? and are the buying, and selling of these drugs? It wouldn't surprised me, if drug deals were being done under the bridge.

Two points of interest for me in reading the article:

1.) The article said
Since the girls were killed, two and a-half weeks ago, Okmulgee County has been on edge.
, but SoonerFan made a post yesterday that when she was in Weleetka yesterday, that their was no sign of nervousness.

2.) The article also said
He says that history may be what led the 18 year old to call police and start a massive manhunt.
, history of what? Has she done this before? Or history of something mental??
Or a history with this person??

My questions are: I don't quite understand what they mean by "seen him on their property?
How much property/acres do they have?
Is the POI walking, driving, raking, digging, fishing, mending fences?
what is he doing, when they see him on the property and where on the property?
What is he driving?
How is he dressed and description?
These important details would be good for the public to know.....imo

I can tell you they live on near 500 acres and when he is seen he is walking at night either down the road or through the pasture reports have been made, lastest one made before the manhunt was on 6-21-08, and as far as who called in the report that started the manhunt the girl was on the phone with her father when all the commotion started, he heard all the commution and at that point he called 911 and he himself reported it not the girl her father actually made the report as he was in town at the local insurance company he left and went out to her as did her mom, grandma and another friend again i will say that the girl stands behind her story, has never changed her story and is still in shock as to what happened, thank you

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/weleetka-ok/TOJFJV92HAR4RS395/p131

Wow.. It gets deeper & deeper. There is something going on in that town. IMO

I still think there is more to this story about the POI on the girl's family property. It just does not make sense otherwise. I think that there is more there and that the LEO in that area realize that but are keeping many things close. Otherwise being a small community the real perps may be tipped. I do not think that the POI was a shooter..at the most a look out..but my true feelings are that he came upon this scene right after this happened and was afraid to come forward that this whole thing would be blamed on him. I think that is what the local LE believe also. They have never called him a suspect. Which leads me to believe they do have DNA and fingerprints. If they have DNA, then they know if the perps have any NA heritage at all. NA have a specific DNA chain..even part NA's have that show up in their DNA chain.

The Atty seemed very secure in what he was saying. I would normally pass it off as a "defense" of the girl...but if you read between the lines...it could be she was so scared to death because of previous sightings of him that she heard something and totally freaked out. 18 year old girls can do this easily and depending on her history of histronics...well...being scared to begin with..maybe she thought one officer would just show up and make her feel better if it wasn't him. Boy, was she wrong! So it could have been something very innocent on her part of being terrified that played out so very wrong.

The Atty seemed very secure in what he was saying. I would normally pass it off as a "defense" of the girl...but if you read between the lines...it could be she was so scared to death because of previous sightings of him that she heard something and totally freaked out. 18 year old girls can do this easily and depending on her history of histronics...well...being scared to begin with..maybe she thought one officer would just show up and make her feel better if it wasn't him. Boy, was she wrong! So it could have been something very innocent on her part of being terrified that played out so very wrong.

I agree SS and on Topix, if we can take it seriously, one poster has been adamant about the family also calling in a sighting on the 21st..where only one cop responded and took the info. So, we are left in the dark as to this one..but if what is written on Topix is even partially true..then there is more here then meets the eye. And if LE didn't also believe what she said and have the earlier report they would not have responded in such force as they did. Also they have not charged her , nor her family.

I agree SS and on Topix, if we can take it seriously, one poster has been adamant about the family also calling in a sighting on the 21st..where only one cop responded and took the info. So, we are left in the dark as to this one..but if what is written on Topix is even partially true..then there is more here then meets the eye. And if LE didn't also believe what she said and have the earlier report they would not have responded in such force as they did. Also they have not charged her , nor her family.
The poster sounds credible to me http://www.topix.net/forum/city/weleetka-ok/TOJFJV92HAR4RS395/p132#c2946

IF the guy was sighted on her land before, it tells me he was into the drug trade. I know alot of you will thwart this...but if he was living so "off the land" and staying around the area...he was gaining money from somewhere. Drugs would be the first place I would look.

I believe the girl saw someone too. Whether it was the POI or someone else, not sure. But I think something went on. I'm sure people are scared so if they see someone on their land that isn't suppose to, they may over react. I know I would.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back