1337 users online (269 members and 1068 guests)  

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Grandmother, 47, Gives Birth to Naturally Conceived Triplets

A doctor had given Perry a five percent chance of having another child naturally.

"We thought: 'Oh well. It'll probably never happen'. We'd sort of given up," Perry said."Rebecca kept telling me in November: 'You've got three babies in your tummy, Mummy - one for me, one for Dad and one for you'. I thought: 'No way' and told her: ‘There are no babies in there'. Then, in December, I found out I was pregnant."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370592,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    A doctor had given Perry a five percent chance of having another child naturally.

"We thought: 'Oh well. It'll probably never happen'. We'd sort of given up," Perry said."Rebecca kept telling me in November: 'You've got three babies in your tummy, Mummy - one for me, one for Dad and one for you'. I thought: 'No way' and told her: ‘There are no babies in there'. Then, in December, I found out I was pregnant."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370592,00.html
    What an extraordinary child Rebecca is!

congratulations to the whole family!

99.9 percent certain the boys are identical. my goodness!

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Dang, I'm 42 and there is no way I would want to do the baby thing again...especially X3!!! It's nice the husband can take a year off work, that would help. I wish them the best of times.

Interested I'm 46 and cannot image having to deal with a baby again either. I keep waiting on some grandchildren but the way our three kids are I'm gonna be to old to enjoy being a grandma! LOL
    ~ Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~

It sounds like there's a good support team w/ family. I wish them the best. I'm sure the 4 yr old is thrilled to be a big sister.

Im 26 and couldnt deal with anymore babies much less 3 at once lol

A year of paternity leave WOW. Congrats to them and I hope everyone is healthy and home soon.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I'm glad these babies were wanted so it was a nice surprise.

Her daughter may have psychic abilities.

Grandmothers beware...women 10 years older than this grandmother have given birth...this one naturally:

1956: Ruth Kistler of Portland, Oregon gave birth to a daughter in Los Angeles, California on October 18, 1956, at the age of 57. The birth predated the advent of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) making Kistler one of the oldest women known to have conceived naturally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_over_age_50

another report from aussie news

http://www.smh.com.au/news/parenting/triplets-shock-for-grandmother/2008/06/24/1214073226990.html

June 24, 2008 - 4:08PM
    A 46-year-old grandmother says she was "dumbfounded" when told she had naturally conceived identical triplets in a "one-in-10-million" event.
    Janelle Perry and husband Robert welcomed their three sons - Cooper, Kyle and Jordan - at Brisbane's Mater Mother's Hospital last Thursday.
    Mrs Perry, of Logan, south of Brisbane, is now a mother-of-eight. She has four children in their 20s from another marriage, while she and Robert also have a four-year-old daughter, Rebecca.
    She also is a grandmother of two children.
    Mrs Perry, who turns 47 next week, said she had given up on having another child after doctors gave her a five per cent chance of conceiving naturally following two years of trying with no luck.
    But in a unusual conversation, daughter Rebecca predicted the triplet pregnancy a month before doctors broke the news to the new parents, telling her mother she had three babies in her tummy - one for mummy, one for daddy and one for her.
    "I said: No I haven't got three babies in there'," Mrs Perry told AAP.
    "She kept saying: 'Yes you have, yes you have, there's one for all of us'."
    She said she and her husband were "shocked" to hear of her rare pregnancy.
    AAP

I am glad that it sounds like the triplets are healthy as well. How incredible!

What a cool story!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Wow! Good on them
    Just thinkin' out loud....