Grandmother, 47, Gives Birth to Naturally Conceived Triplets

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
A doctor had given Perry a five percent chance of having another child naturally.

"We thought: 'Oh well. It'll probably never happen'. We'd sort of given up," Perry said."Rebecca kept telling me in November: 'You've got three babies in your tummy, Mummy - one for me, one for Dad and one for you'. I thought: 'No way' and told her: ‘There are no babies in there'. Then, in December, I found out I was pregnant."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370592,00.html

A doctor had given Perry a five percent chance of having another child naturally.

"We thought: 'Oh well. It'll probably never happen'. We'd sort of given up," Perry said."Rebecca kept telling me in November: 'You've got three babies in your tummy, Mummy - one for me, one for Dad and one for you'. I thought: 'No way' and told her: ‘There are no babies in there'. Then, in December, I found out I was pregnant."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370592,00.html

What an extraordinary child Rebecca is! :eek:

congratulations to the whole family! :)

99.9 percent certain the boys are identical. my goodness!

Dang, I'm 42 and there is no way I would want to do the baby thing again...especially X3!!! :) It's nice the husband can take a year off work, that would help. I wish them the best of times.

Interested I'm 46 and cannot image having to deal with a baby again either. I keep waiting on some grandchildren but the way our three kids are I'm gonna be to old to enjoy being a grandma! LOL

It sounds like there's a good support team w/ family. I wish them the best. I'm sure the 4 yr old is thrilled to be a big sister.

Im 26 and couldnt deal with anymore babies much less 3 at once lol

A year of paternity leave WOW. Congrats to them and I hope everyone is healthy and home soon.

I'm glad these babies were wanted so it was a nice surprise.

Her daughter may have psychic abilities.

another report from aussie news

http://www.smh.com.au/news/parenting/triplets-shock-for-grandmother/2008/06/24/1214073226990.html

June 24, 2008 - 4:08PM
A 46-year-old grandmother says she was "dumbfounded" when told she had naturally conceived identical triplets in a "one-in-10-million" event.
Janelle Perry and husband Robert welcomed their three sons - Cooper, Kyle and Jordan - at Brisbane's Mater Mother's Hospital last Thursday.
Mrs Perry, of Logan, south of Brisbane, is now a mother-of-eight. She has four children in their 20s from another marriage, while she and Robert also have a four-year-old daughter, Rebecca.
She also is a grandmother of two children.
Mrs Perry, who turns 47 next week, said she had given up on having another child after doctors gave her a five per cent chance of conceiving naturally following two years of trying with no luck.
But in a unusual conversation, daughter Rebecca predicted the triplet pregnancy a month before doctors broke the news to the new parents, telling her mother she had three babies in her tummy - one for mummy, one for daddy and one for her.
"I said: No I haven't got three babies in there'," Mrs Perry told AAP.
"She kept saying: 'Yes you have, yes you have, there's one for all of us'."
She said she and her husband were "shocked" to hear of her rare pregnancy.
AAP

I am glad that it sounds like the triplets are healthy as well. How incredible!

What a cool story!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back