Identified! MA - Tolland, HispFem 187UFMA, 30-45, in woods, Oct'95 - Marcia Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmg

Reaction score
Here's yet another UID female from my area.

The Doe Network:
Case File 187UFMA
Unidentified Unnkown Race Female
* Located on October 6, 1995 in Tolland State Forest, Massachusetts.
* Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot once in the head with a .45 caliber bullet

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 35 - 45 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 120 - 140 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She is a light skinned female of unknown race. Possibly Black or Hispanic. Brown hair with some graying. Medium build.
* Dentals: Upper and lower bridge work with only a few of her own natural teeth left
* Clothing: She was wearing the clothes that appears in the pictures below.
A unique drawstring hooded sweatshirt with the word Trends in a diamond on the left chest (sold in & around upstate NY), Bill Blass pleated jeans size 8, size 40B bra, a maroon Sarah Morgan velour shirt and navy blue Passport shoes (size 7 1/2). She was wearing several silver rings and had a gold watch with a black face.
Eyeglasses with a prescription of –4.25 –0.50 x 180 O.D., –3.50 –0.25 x 170, in size 52/16-135 maroon/gold frames from the Metaline Collection (#7) line from Value Eyewear Inc., of Clifton, N.J., manufactured in China.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/187ufma.html

There are a number of photos of her clothing as well as two sketches on the Doe Network. My understanding is that the victim is most likely from the NY/ NJ area due to where her clothing came from. She was shot on site in the Tolland State Forest which borders Connecticut and is a very out of the way/ rural location in southwestern Massachusetts.

Pretty much as soon as posted this I went over to the Doe Network to look at NJ/ NY missing people. I found this woman who went missing in NJ at an unknown date in October 1995. She seems a little short and too dark skinned to be a match but let me know what you think...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1574dfnj.html

Looks like the missing person named above is not a match.

I think that the UID is white or a very light skinned African American/Hispanic woman. She is most definitely not from the immediate area and is probably not from Massachusetts. She was most likely killed on between October 1-3, 1995.

The newspaper reported that she was found down an embankment next to the area where RV trailers who are staying in the park dispose of their sewage and fill their water tanks. Ballistics experts were called into the sight indicating that she had been shot on site and not simply dumped there. It sounds like maybe she was there as a camper which would explain why she's from out of state. Maybe a domestic dispute or a robbery gone wrong? This state forest doesn't seem like the type of place where you'd bring someone to purposely shoot them and dump their body (like a kidnapping) but I could be totally wrong about that.

This UIDs vital statistics have been changed on the Doe Network since I last posted this case:
*Her estimated age is now 30-45.
*Her estimated height is between 5'2" and 5'4"
*The dentures she was wearing were very inexpensively made.
*She was not wearing socks and her toenails were painted red.
*It is believed that she was shot once in the head on October 2, 1995.

Police: Two Cold Cases May Be Linked
New Britain, Massachusetts, and New York Police To Discuss Cases Tuesday

NBC-TV/ Connecticut
By ANJULI PORTER
Updated 12:45 PM EDT, Sat, Sep 19, 2009

The cases have been cold for over 14 years, but police are hoping for a break in two unsolved murders in Connecticut and Massachusetts. The first murder happened in September 1995 when police discovered a woman’s body behind the Brittany West Plaza in New Britain. Authorities said she had been killed by a single gunshot wound to the head, her body wrapped in a sleeping bag.

The second case from Tolland, Massachusetts where a woman’s body was found near the entrance to the Tolland State Forest just a month later in October 1995.

Neither of the bodies were ever identified but police think the two cases may be linked.

New Britain Police Detectives and Massachusetts State Police detectives think the two women might have lived or spent time in the Albany, N.Y. area and could somehow be related.

New Britain Police Lt. James Wardwell said, “These cases are moving in a positive direction after all these years,” and added the two police agencies will be joined by New York State Troopers Tuesday for a press conference in Albany to discuss evidence they’ve collected, including photographs of the victims’ clothing and their possessions.

Wardell hopes that by displaying some of the evidence, people with knowledge of the crimes or the women will come forward.

He said police never stopped investigating the case and are hoping a break in one case can help them solve both.

Source:
NBC-TV/ Connecticut
www.nbcconnecticut.com/.../Police-Two-Cold-Cases-May-Be-Linked--59861127.html

I'm glad someone is investigating a possible link between these two cases. In the past I know at least privately off the board this was discussed as a possibility.

I also know there were questions about whether a victim found on October 11, 1991 in New Britain was related-- see here-- but I assume that is no longer the line of thinking.

I wonder if they still think the other 3 bodies found in New Britain are related to the 1995 victim?

New information was released today by authorities in Massachusetts, New York, and Connecticut linking the case in New Britain and this case. To summarize:

-Both victims are strongly thought to be related by a blood relationship such as mother/daughter, two sisters, or even a aunt and niece situation. Officials did not reveal what evidence led them to believe this nor could they could confirm that both cases were definitively related.

-Never before released information about the Tolland victim revealed that a cigarette pack with a tax stamp originating in the Albany, NY area was found near the victim and are thought to belong to her.

-Officials released the name of three retailers which sold the shirt the Tolland victim was found in. The shirt was sold in Schenectady, NY, Colonie, NY, and Saratoga Springs, NY and was thought to be bought sometime in 1994.

-Officials also confirmed that they felt whomever killed the victims probably used the interstate state route 8 which runs near both New Britain and Tolland.

My post about it and links to profiles of the case can be found at: http://newenglandunsolved.blogspot.com/2009/09/update-authorities-announce-possible.html

News conference footage can be found at: YouTube - New Britain cold case

Also relevant to this case:
-Isotopes were studied in this victim to determine she probably lived in the Albany, NY area for several months prior to the shooting.

-Her date of being shot seems to have moved up to September 28, the same day the New Britain victim was found and shot.

-She appears to have been shot on site while the New Britain victim was shot someplace else and then left behind a shopping plaza.

Soulmagent, thanks, but that missing person disappeared in 2005. The Tolland victim was found on October 6, 1995.

I must of misread something. I am very sorry about that.

Could this be her? She went missing from Newburgh,New York!!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fuentes_lucy.html
info here, as well : http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/view.cfm?ID=a54855de-2396-4485-b262-c86d2630331b
NIC #M880897330
Basic Information
Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB: October 7, 1957
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 155 pounds
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Miscellaneous: Fuentes may have left area with an unknown male enroute to Florida.

A side by side of Jane-187UFMA and Lucy Delia Fuentes

Attachments

• fuentes_lucy missing 10-22-92 NY and MA Jane found 10-6-1995.jpg
    fuentes_lucy missing 10-22-92 NY and MA Jane found 10-6-1995.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 149
I do see a resemblance physically for sure, although I know those aren't the style of glasses that Tolland UID wore (a picture of the glasses can be found here). She could have easily changed her prescription between '92 and '95 though.

The questions then would be:
A. What happened to her between '92 and September 28, 1995 the day Tolland UID was shot?

B. If we are to assume that the UID in New Britain is in fact a relative who was with this victim on the day they both got shot, how did both of them go missing and only one get reported? And how would someone who was reported missing presumably by her family then come back into contact with another family member without anyone else knowing? I guess they wouldn't have to necessarily be together but that would be an awfully big coincidence for two related people to be shot and abandoned in one day less than 50 miles from each other.

I do see a resemblance physically for sure, although I know those aren't the style of glasses that Tolland UID wore (a picture of the glasses can be found here). She could have easily changed her prescription between '92 and '95 though.

The questions then would be:
A. What happened to her between '92 and September 28, 1995 the day Tolland UID was shot?

B. If we are to assume that the UID in New Britain is in fact a relative who was with this victim on the day they both got shot, how did both of them go missing and only one get reported? And how would someone who was reported missing presumably by her family then come back into contact with another family member without anyone else knowing? I guess they wouldn't have to necessarily be together but that would be an awfully big coincidence for two related people to be shot and abandoned in one day less than 50 miles from each other.
On the NY State Troopers Wanted/Missing site, it said this about Fuentes:
Fuentes may have left area with an unknown male enroute to Florida.
Is it possible that she did go to Florida with this unknown male for awhile, and then he, or someone else, did this? I think it's more than likely, wish we had more info on the unknown male, but we don't, I hope that at least investigators have some idea who this man is/was, and are just keeping the info to themselves.
Fuentes description and photo are considerably similar to this UID, I sent an email to the ME, suggesting they look into Ms. Fuentes. Haven't heard back, yet! As far as a relation to the other UID, it is a strange case, maybe both of these ladies left with the same man, or they went searching for each other and that caused a problem for him! Has it actually been confirmed that they are related?

I had the same thoughts as you about this mysterious man from Florida. I'm glad you e-mailed LE. The woman definitely bares a resemblance to Funtes.

Hasn't been confirmed yet that they are related but it seems like police think that it's a very, very strong possibility leading me to believe it's DNA that links them.

It mentions the glasses are from Clifton NJ. Do they know if they were available in the tri-state area or just in Clifton? Clifton is in North Jersey. It's possible she worked in the City (NY); ran over to Clifton to get the glasses.

Anyone know if Fuentes had dental work like that?

Google maps - Clifton NJ

It appears that Value Eyewear is a distributor based in Clifton, NJ not an actual retail location. They have had exhibitions of their eyewear on both the west and east coast meaning the glasses would have probably been available nationwide.

I haven't seen any information on the dentals of Fuentes, other than the fact that they are available.

Honestly, I'd be flabbergasted if they went through all this work with the isotopes and developing that cigarette stamp and didn't check someone like Fuentes yet, but I guess you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie