GUILTY WA - Diego Rios-Santana, 7 mos, found dead in firepit, Federal Way, 21 June 2008

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.kirotv.com/news/16692680/detail.html

Federal Way police are investigating the death of a 7-month-old baby boy found in a home's backyard fire pit.

Police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock said the baby's father told police he fell asleep late Saturday with the boy on a bench near the fire. (more at link)

There are so many things wrong with the dad's story. 7 month old babies can't get anywhere by themselves. And the baby was gone and you'd not notice the smell? Why didn't anyone hear the baby screaming?

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/stories/ktvbn-jun2408-baby_dies_fire_pit.34f1098d.html

(snip)
The child's father apparently fell asleep and when he woke up, the boy was gone.
The little boy was later found in the backyard fire pit, he was covered with fatal burns to his whole body.

We all know what happened. He murdered his baby.

There are so many things wrong with the dad's story. 7 month old babies can't get anywhere by themselves. And the baby was gone and you'd not notice the smell? Why didn't anyone hear the baby screaming?

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/stories/ktvbn-jun2408-baby_dies_fire_pit.34f1098d.html

Not that I necessarily believe the dad's story, but my niece is only 6 1/2 months and she gets around plenty.

Okay so let's day for discussion sake that the baby did manage to find his own way into the fire pit...
  • how did the baby get from the bench to the fire pit without a peep.
  • no crying ,once in the fire pit?
  • and what about the God aweful smell of burning flesh?
Things just don't add up. Who in the hell leaves a 7 month old baby on a bench and goes to sleep? I don't believe a word this "dad" said.

Not that I necessarily believe the dad's story, but my niece is only 6 1/2 months and she gets around plenty.

Remember when babies used to be born acting like babies? I swear some are born as toddlers these days.

In the Kirotv article it was stated that there should be more info released at 10am. And the vid states that decision on charges would be made sometime today. So far not seeing the 10am update.

As a semi-new mother this makes no sense to me. How would you leave a 7 month old baby on a bench? Was he in the carseat? Was he in s a bumbo seat? Was he just sitting up without any type of protection to keep him from falling off the bench? (if that is what happened than this father is incredibly stupd)

How then did the baby get from the bench to the firepit? How did he fall off/roll off the bench without getting hurt and crying and crawl into the firepit? It just makes no sense to me. I can't imagine a baby falling from a bench and not being hurt somewhow and not crying...

This story is weird and there has to be more to it...

There had to be horrendous screams from this child. :mad: Unless...he was already dead. Poor baby.

I don't believe this story. Usually the heat alone keeps a person from getting close to the center of a fire pit. Maybe the baby approached but fell in and couldn't get out? Still, the heat usually makes one back off from going further.

GAH I'm so upset this happened to a little baby.

[
Remember when babies used to be born acting like babies? I swear some are born as toddlers these days.

I remember. Like I said at 6 1/2 months, she is crawling, pulling up on furniture, and sitting up by herself. My sister was the same way, running by the time she was 7 months.

There had to be horrendous screams from this child. :mad: Unless...he was already dead. Poor baby.

I hope that the baby was already dead or that the smoke killed him before the burns did. I don't even want to think about how much pain he must have been in. RIP sweet baby.

this is not just a case of a curious child-the minute he touched the heat he would have pulled his hand back.

They are going to find that this child had skull fractures or was a shaken baby and dad tried to get rid of him by burning him, but it didn't work. JMO.

Yeah I highly doubt the baby would have just crawled into the firepit. He may have crawled towards it but got away when he realized it hurt. I think this "dad" is a liar and he killed the baby. So sad.

(snips)
Emergency crews responded to the home in the 2600 block of Southwest 333rd Place just after midnight after receiving a report of an injured child. Upon arrival, police officers found the father holding the deceased child, who had suffered severe burns to his entire body.

A search warrant was executed at the home and a blood draw was taken from the father

The boy's cause of death is expected to be released by the King County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.

It just doesnt sound believable and I dont believe it. I hate to think of what that child endured. poor baby.

(snips)
Emergency crews responded to the home in the 2600 block of Southwest 333rd Place just after midnight after receiving a report of an injured child. Upon arrival, police officers found the father holding the deceased child, who had suffered severe burns to his entire body.

A search warrant was executed at the home and a blood draw was taken from the father

The boy's cause of death is expected to be released by the King County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.

Could any locals post what they say for those of us in a diff time zone...:rolleyes:

We've heard plenty of drug/alcohol related stories where the parents pass out due to drugs/alcohol and don't hear the babies screaming as they die. I do think that may be the rest of the story. One of the stories does say they did a blood draw on the dad. I know my little baby can get into trouble and wouldn't know how to get out of trouble without help. That poor baby. :furious:

Mine was walking around furniture at that age.

Waiting for the link to load since I exceeded my bandwidth limit for the day and hughes net drops you down to 7-15 kbits a sec (far slower than dialup on a bad day!!) Can't really voice more of an opinion until the page finishes loading in about 10 minutes depending on how many video ads and whatnot are present at the link. :mad:

If it turns out this baby wasn't murdered and burned to hide the evidence, then I imagine they'll find the dad was impaired and maybe didn't hear the baby screaming. I don't know what to think about this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back