GUILTY CA - Tony, 48, Michael, 20, & Matthew Bologna, 16, murdered, San Francisco, June 2008

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
This is horrendous.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/24/MNS011DN2V.DTL
It was 3 p.m., and Bologna was nearly home when he was forced to stop, facing south, on narrow Congdon Street in the Excelsior district.
When he did that, he blocked the path of a car that was trying to turn north onto Congdon from Maynard Street, police said Monday. It was a gray-green or gray-blue Chrysler 300M with as many as three people inside.
The driver stared him down. Bologna soon put his Honda Civic into reverse to try to let the other car go by.
"The driver started giving Tony dirty looks, so Tony drove back," said Lt. Mike Stasko, who heads the police homicide detail and coached youth basketball with Bologna. "The man drove alongside him and started shooting.
"If Tony never backed up, they would still be nose to nose," Stasko said, drawing a map and showing how the two cars had been facing each other, each unable to pass. "He backed up to let the guy complete the turn. (The gunman) opened fire without saying anything."
Bologna was killed on the spot, as was his eldest son, 20-year-old Michael Bologna, who had been a star athlete at Lincoln High School in San Francisco and was attending the College of San Mateo, playing basketball and baseball.
Tony's youngest son, 16-year-old Matthew, was in the car's back seat and was shot several times. He was in critical but stable condition Monday at San Francisco General Hospital.

and

The killers' car was last seen heading north on Congdon. Police have no good description of the people who were in it, but say a similar Chrysler 300 was seen at another shooting earlier in the day. They are investigating whether the same people were involved in shootings that killed Tony and Michael Bologna. (more at link)

:( :behindbar

Geez!! WTF is up with people:furious: How aweful for this family and the surviving child.

Prayers for this family. May the father and son rest in peace.

Salem

That's just creepy. What is wrong with people?

I think people who are caught acting aggressive towards other drivers or driving aggressively should immediately loose their driving privileges for 6 months.

Obviously this case is a far cry beyond that but I am just tired of aggressive drivers who feel like they own the road.

I think people who are caught acting aggressive towards other drivers or driving aggressively should immediately loose their driving privileges for 6 months.

Obviously this case is a far cry beyond that but I am just tired of aggressive drivers who feel like they own the road.

What she said! :furious:

I'm gonna put my foot in it on this one...

I got 3 warning stickers on my car.

"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"
"Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition"
"Gun in driver's hand is larger than it appears"

You pull up to me and you see me wearing a Sherrif's Deputy hat on. People still tend to ride my butt on the highway and when I break them, they pull up beside me and still give me the finger.

Do I carry a gun when I drive. Oh yes I do.

i misread your post as people who kill people while they drive should automatically lose their license for six months. lol. i should NOT have drank those two cups of coffee today i'm speed reading inaccurately.

and i agree, thing is, how do you prove someone was doing that?

I read where the 16 year old boy died too. This is a senseless tragedy. My prayers go out to this family.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Appeals-court-upholds-conviction-in-SF-murder-of-5701929.php

A state appeals court on Wednesday upheld the murder convictions and life sentence of a San Francisco gang member for the broad-daylight fatal shootings of a father and his two sons, one of whom he allegedly mistook for a member of a rival gang.

Edwin Ramos was convicted in 2012 of the murders of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16, and the attempted murder of another son, Anthony Bologna, 21, who was wounded...

Wilfred "Flaco" Reyes... was extradited from North Carolina in 2012 and pleaded not guilty. His case has not yet gone to trial.

From July 2015:

http://abc7news.com/news/man-sentenced-for-2008-murder-of-father-two-sons-in-san-francisco/841618/

The victims' mother made an emotional statement in the courtroom and her words resonated with a lot of people. She and her remaining two children are still in the witness protection program.

Wilfredo "Flaco" Reyes was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his involvement in the 2008 shooting death of Anthony Bologna and his 20-year-old son Michael and 16-year-old son Matthew. Reyes was not the actual shooter but was in the car when it happened.

As part of a deal with San Francisco's District Attorney, Reyes pleaded guilty to avoid a lengthy trial, per the request of the victim's family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back